Update on the crowd noise ..good stuff !!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If it's from the last 5 years, cool, there will be no stupid chant.

SAR I

Oh no! Dear man!! Where is your Jet spirit!? I'm very surprised and this is quite hamster dickish of you. But because you've been supportive of my posts in the past,  I chose hamster dickish. That's in the middle between pencil eraser and Braille dot.

Wah wah wah waaaaahhhh!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

So what is the current status on fans in the stands?  Is it a week by week thing, or have determinations been made for the entire year?

The original notice said no fans until further notice. It is possible that it could be reversed. Since indoor dining just opened up in NJ that is a long shot but the possibility remains.

The Jets have my money still so if it is an option I plan on being there.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

SAR:  I never miss a game.

Also SAR:  Has no idea the chant has lived on.

The chant is a shell of its former self. Only around 20% of the fans participate (even fewer in my section) and it dies after the first attempt despite all the arm flapping from the two costumed fools on the screens trying to remain relevant.  The chant was about Ed, Ed abandoned us, we don’t like him now, so we also don’t like his chant. 

Like answering machines and Members Only jackets, the chant had its day and is now a relic of a different time and a different fanbase.  It happens. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

@SAR II can agree with you that change sucks, sometimes new people suck. I like your reference to answering machines and members only jackets. LOL

The fact is the J-E-T-S  chant was here Before Fireman Ed. Look it up.

I tell my kids and even the young guys I work with how much better everything was years ago. How having everything at your fingertips may not be the best thing because you're missing out on the experience?

Going to the movies, going to the carnival, going to a rock concert, used to be an experience and the whole reason was getting in the car with the people that you wanted to go with.

Instead of going to the arcade you play in your bedroom. Instead of going to the movies or the drive-in you have Netflix. Instead of getting psyched up for the game or the fight you can DVR it. You don't have to go to a concert because you can watch it on YouTube. It sucks the life out of everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

@SAR II can agree with you that change sucks, sometimes new people suck. I like your reference to answering machines and members only jackets. LOL

The fact is the J-E-T-S  chant was here Before Fireman Ed. Look it up.

I tell my kids and even the young guys I work with how much better everything was years ago. How having everything at your fingertips may not be the best thing because you're missing out on the experience?

Going to the movies, going to the carnival, going to a rock concert, used to be an experience and the whole reason was getting in the car with the people that you wanted to go with.

Instead of going to the arcade you play in your bedroom. Instead of going to the movies or the drive-in you have Netflix. Instead of getting psyched up for the game or the fight you can DVR it. You don't have to go to a concert because you can watch it on YouTube. It sucks the life out of everything.

Hey, I agree GBB, there was a time and place when it was fun.  I became a fan in '78 and the chant was part of the experience, it was fun, no problem.

But eventually the chant became a component of the Fireman Ed Brand and it went where he went.  And Ed went from a cool young guy to a grumpy old man and Ed went from a loyal supporter to just another Giants Stadium turncoat who ran away when the playoff runs stopped.  Instead of sticking around through the dark times like the rest of the season ticket holders, he took off.  And today?  Whenever the Jets start to look good again, he shows up, the fans can see right through him, and we don't respect a guy like that.  By the way they treat him, the Jets don't either.  He's the Manish of fans.

Bandwagon Ed killed the chant.

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

The chant is a shell of its former self. Only around 20% of the fans participate (even fewer in my section) and it dies after the first attempt despite all the arm flapping from the two costumed fools on the screens trying to remain relevant.  The chant was about Ed, Ed abandoned us, we don’t like him now, so we also don’t like his chant. 

Like answering machines and Members Only jackets, the chant had its day and is now a relic of a different time and a different fanbase.  It happens. 

SAR I

To think @T0mShane appointed you captain once. :shutup:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes, I agree with no fans in the stadium the chant won't be as loud as it was last year.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes, I agree with no fans in the stadium the chant won't be as loud as it was last year.

Depends on what the networks are pumping in.  If they are realistic, it will barely be audible.

I've reached out to CBS-TV asking them not to include the chant in their crowd noise package; expecting a response from a producer shortly.

SAR I

I just sent CBS Sports an e-mail, advising them to play the J-E-T-S chant as many times as they could when MetLife sound provides it. 

WCBS-TV
524 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10019 

2x2.jpg

• SWITCHBOARD: 212-975-4321
  • NEWSLINE: 800-CH-2-NEWS (800-242-6397)
  • FAX: 212-975-9387
    (Note: Story ideas should be faxed to the attention of “Assignment Desk.” News releases should be faxed to the attention of “Planning Desk.”)
  • ASSIGNMENT DESK: 212-975-5867, desk@cbs2ny.com
  • STATION SERVICES: stationservices@cbs2ny.com
  • CBS2’s DIGITAL EDITORIAL STAFF: 212-975-7675, by email or via Facebook

Also MetLife telling them to play the J-E-TS JETS JETS JETS chant as many times as they possibly could throughout the season when they are piping in sound. 

MetLife Stadium Customer Service
Phone: 201-559-1500 (general)
Phone: 201-559-1515 (guest services)
Phone: 201-559-1300 (Box Office)
Phone: 1-800-469-JETS (5387)  (New York Jets Club Seats)
Phone: 1-877-NYG-2010 (New York Giants Club Seats)
Email: info@metlifestadium.com (general)

joewilly12

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is cool. So even with an empty stadium, it'll sound like the stadium is filled with 40% Jets fans, and 60% opposing fans. You know, just like a normal year at MetLife.

The Jets are #1 in the AFC and #2 in the entire NFL in attendance.  

Even when there is an influx of enemy fans, there are still more Jets fans in the stands at MetLife than there are Seahawks fans in their stadium.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 2

On 9/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

So I was listening to the Kay show this afternoon, and they had on Steve Levy who is a new MNF commentator.

He said the NFL took actual game crowd noise from The Last 5 Years From each specific team for their individual stadiums. That means the J-E-T-S chant lives!!!

I think this is pretty damn cool ! As I like all of you just went through all this effed-up ridiculous, pandemic, quarantine BS. I'm pretty sure we've all had enough.

But it's not only us it's the coaches, commentators, the referees, how do they do on field interviews which is supposedly going to be by Zoom?

It's been a rough time for everyone and I know we're ALL looking forward to football. I've stated before that my oldest son is an athlete, and I really feel for these young dudes. They worked their whole lives to get to this point and it's Bizarro reality.

Also the booth will control on field microphones so that we can hear the banter in the Huddle from the QB and Coaches on the sidelines during the game!?

Greg Williams!! Mic drop!

Get your beer and popcorn here! I am ready for some f****** football!

Will they simulate the famous Jetlife Boos too? 

17,000 people making this kind of noise at Arrowhead means that for the last 40 years 63,000 of their fans there never cheer.

That also explains why even when we are swamped with Steelers fans, the Jets season ticket holders make NFL caliber noise.   

That should end the “but but but too quiet” nonsense forever. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Depends on what the networks are pumping in.  If they are realistic, it will barely be audible.

I've reached out to CBS-TV asking them not to include the chant in their crowd noise package; expecting a response from a producer shortly.

SAR I

Have to say, when you aren't driving me crazy you crack me up. Let's work on the ratio to blend it better in 2021 lol.