IT IS TIME

ljr

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

My hopes:

No COVID-19 outbreaks on teams

No silly protesting

Lets get back to normal.  We need a sports fix.

Would like to see Houston tonight with an upset win.

I'm rooting for KC for two reasons.  1) I am really curious to see if Mahomes can keep up his level of play.  If he does, he could demolish records and be the most exciting QB the league has ever seen.  I'll take it year by year, but his potential is amazing and he is by far my favorite non-Jets player to watch.  2) KC is a lock to make the playoffs.  HOU less so.  From a Jets playoff potential perspective, HOU is more likely to be a wildcard competitor so I'd rather see them notch an L now.  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

My hopes:

No silly protesting

The protesting and not playing over this Jacob Blake guy made me so angry being I’m a police officer.  If these guys sit out and don’t play because of him, I’m probably done!

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

My hopes:
No silly protesting

There’s nothing “silly” about protesting. And it’s already been confirmed they are doing some type of demonstration so if you want to avoid your panties bunching feel free to skip the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

There’s nothing “silly” about protesting. And it’s already been confirmed they are doing some type of demonstration so if you want to avoid your panties bunching feel free to skip the game.

The asinine protests have done nothing but strengthen a racial divide, like picking at a scab.

I just want to be entertained.  I hate PSA's of all sorts.  

Sport not s#$%, please.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm rooting for KC for two reasons.  1) I am really curious to see if Mahomes can keep up his level of play.  If he does, he could demolish records and be the most exciting QB the league has ever seen.  I'll take it year by year, but his potential is amazing and he is by far my favorite non-Jets player to watch.  2) KC is a lock to make the playoffs.  HOU less so.  From a Jets playoff potential perspective, HOU is more likely to be a wildcard competitor so I'd rather see them notch an L now.  

tenor.gif?itemid=13133518

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

The asinine protests have done nothing but strengthen a racial divide, like picking at a scab.

Sport not s#$%, please.

And the best way to ensure people stick to sports is by not sticking to sports when discussing the game.  Well played.

• Upvote 1

Chiefs favored by a gaudy 9 points with a 54.5 O/U.  So something like a 31-21 or 34-24 type game is what Vegas is expecting.

Should be a very entertaining game.  I think Vegas is daring people to bet on Houston so I'll go Chiefs 34, Texans 20.  Watson struggles a bit out of the gates as he adjusts to life without Hopkins, and KC's defense is sneaky good.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

i agree.  mahommes just looks so composed when he plays.  he also looks like he's enjoying himself.  and those are good things.  it's still a game.

i hope the nfl works out much better than the nba or baseball does with the covid bubbles.  sports were supposed to be a distraction from everything else that was going on but then the nba and mlb turned stupid.

I’m rooting for Houston because I have perpetual underdog syndrome. I just can’t root for the champs. ?

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Sport not s#$%, please.

I think the players are going to sing a song or hymn after the national anthem that non of the announcers know the words to.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No way better to kick off the season that two reasons to hate Macc even more. 

I didnt even realize that until you posted, thanks Dick! :P

and you were the other guy that was calling the becton pick with Bit.  For some reason I thought it was pep but I knew that was wrong.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chiefs favored by a gaudy 9 points with a 54.5 O/U.  So something like a 31-21 or 34-24 type game is what Vegas is expecting.

Should be a very entertaining game.  I think Vegas is daring people to bet on Houston so I'll go Chiefs 34, Texans 20.  Watson struggles a bit out of the gates as he adjusts to life without Hopkins, and KC's defense is sneaky good.

I'm basically nostradamus.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude....

• Upvote 1