DID WE FORGET THAT QW GOT IN SHAPE OR ARE WE JUST THE WORST FANS EVER?

PepPep

Seriously. Are Jets fans just complete f**king a**holes or what? Whats up with all the 'fat' jokes? Fine, QW is a bust. We can discuss that. Fine we can talk about his mistakes off the field. We can talk about his goofy smile. But the dude got in great shape and lets not forget he's a god**mn NT/DT/DE, not a LB. He's SUPPOSED TO BE A BIG DUDE. 

So. Are Jet fans just the worst? Can we stop calling this 22 year old kid who worked so hard in the offseason to get in shape fat??? Please and thank you.  

williams-year-2-thumb-E_SZM30159

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

DEC073F2-A5BC-4976-957F-88A6E50EE008.jpeg

True. But I don't remember anyone calling Gholston fat and talking about him getting burgers and s**t instead of going to practice. Like I said, QW may be a bust, but calling him fat right after he put in a ton of work to get in even better shape than he was (he wasn't in THAT bad shape for a DT) is moronic and I think shows what kind of a**holes jet fans are. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“He got in shape”

well ladi-freakin-da

hopefully he looks better than last seasons wet fart version of himself.

Not the point. Pretty dumb to call someone fat who just spent a ton of work getting into shape so they can perform better on the field. no? Makes Jet fans sound like morons. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Not the point. Pretty dumb to call someone fat who just spent a ton of work getting into shape so they can perform better on the field. no? Makes Jet fans sound like morons. 

I didn’t call him fat. He just didn’t play with any sense of urgency last season. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Seriously. Are Jets fans just complete f**king a**holes or what? Whats up with all the 'fat' jokes? Fine, QW is a bust. We can discuss that. Fine we can talk about his mistakes off the field. We can talk about his goofy smile. But the dude got in great shape and lets not forget he's a god**mn NT/DT/DE, not a LB. He's SUPPOSED TO BE A BIG DUDE. 

So. Are Jet fans just the worst? Can we stop calling this 22 year old kid who worked so hard in the offseason to get in shape fat??? Please and thank you.  

williams-year-2-thumb-E_SZM30159

I mean, it's not like Q is getting paid or anything. Now we praise people for showing up on time ready to work?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Please give the professional athlete some props, whose only job is to be in shape, for getting into shape!

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I mean, it's not like Q is getting paid or anything. Now we praise people for showing up on time ready to work?

I never said we should PRAISE him for doin his job. I said its moronic to call him fat continue with this 'fat joke' narrative associated with QW after he spent the offseason getting into shape, when, he really wasn't THAT out of shape in the first place! It makes Jets fans look like morons and a-holes. Very simple. 

Congratulations! He isn't "fat" anymore. A football player being paid millions of dollars to play a game to the best of his ability got in great shape! Big stuff. But, quick question, is he good? 

I'm rooting hard for him, but you can't blame Jets fans for being overly critical/skeptical after Leo. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I never said we should PRAISE him for doin his job. I said its moronic to call him fat continue with this 'fat joke' narrative associated with QW after he spent the offseason getting into shape, when, he really wasn't THAT out of shape in the first place! It makes Jets fans look like morons and a-holes. Very simple. 

You're missing my point.....he should never have had to spend time getting into shape. It should be a given. That's what irks fans.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Congratulations! He isn't "fat" anymore. A football player being paid millions of dollars to play a game to the best of his ability got in great shape! Big stuff. But, quick question, is he good? 

I'm rooting hard for him, but you can't blame Jets fans for being overly critical/skeptical after Leo. 

Well, he wasn't 'fat' last year either. He's a freaking NFL NT/DT. He just got in even better shape this year. Exactly what coaches, fans, media expected him to do. And like I said, the question has nothing to do with whether or not he is good. We will see and he is clearly doing what he can to improve so far.

And there' s a difference between being critical of a players game and posting dumb fat jokes about him. Its even dumber when that player JUST GOT IN GREAT SHAPE. It makes Jet fans look like dumbas**es and d**ks. Agree or disagree?   

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, look at this arm, bro. Zero definition. It’s the arm of an old Russian grandmother. At his age, with the equipment and nutrition he has available to him, he should at least have identifiable triceps. Instead, his arm looks like a greasy whale’s dick. Disgusting. 

I would have to know how it got greasy before I could determine if it was disgusting or not. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I don’t understand the hate for Quinnen on this board. I thought he played Ok for a 21 year old rookie. 

Which one of his 15 tackles impressed you? He was the #3 pick in the draft. And got outplayed by an undrafted free agent last year. He flat out sucks.

Oh and he's fat 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

You're missing my point.....he should never have had to spend time getting into shape. It should be a given. That's what irks fans.

I dunno man. I disagree. I think he was in good shape already. its not like he came into the NFL and people were like 'well, the one red flag with QW is that he needs to get in shape'. He WAS in shape, he just got in BETTER shape. Almost every rookie gets stronger and depending on the body shape and position, slimmer. Some put on weight if they need to. When QW was drafted weight was not an issue other than maybe a concern that he balloons to an out of control weigh, which is always a concern for bigger players.

And I don't think thats what irked jet fans. i think jet fans just saw a way to make fun of this dude b/c he didn't live up to their standards and went off, even though it made no sense. They are mad at Macc, they are mad that he was picked over Allen, they are mad that he was picked at all. They want immediate production. And I think its dumb and the 'fat joke' narrative should stop. Thats all.  

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Exactly what I was thinking. QW even looks a bit like Snacks in uniform.

He'll need way better than Snacks performance to justify his draft position.

QW: 6'3, 303lbs

Snacks: 6'4, 350lbs

But yes, I agree. He will need to produce WAY, WAY above the level of snacks to live up to his draft position.