Alec Ogletree and Jaleel Scott to PS

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

ogletree was pretty good in the early part of his career then just faded fast.  I wonder what happened.

Still put up solid numbers last year with 80 tackles.  Looks like he’s been a starter his whole career.  Had 5 picks with 2 returned for TDS in 2018.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Still put up solid numbers last year with 80 tackles.  Looks like he’s been a starter his whole career.  Had 5 picks with 2 returned for TDS in 2018.

Yes, but being a Jet fan who also follows the Giants, in my opinion though he played well, he did not live up to expectations in 2018 (was not great) and dropped off significantly in 2019.  Kind of reminds me of David Harris, his playing speed dropped off as he approached 30 to the point he became more of a liability than an asset on D.  

20 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Yes, but being a Jet fan who also follows the Giants, in my opinion though he played well, he did not live up to expectations in 2018 (was not great) and dropped off significantly in 2019.  Kind of reminds me of David Harris, his playing speed dropped off as he approached 30 to the point he became more of a liability than an asset on D.  

He put up pretty much the same numbers in 2018 with the Giants as he did with the Rams in 2017, only in 13 games vs 15.  He actually had better numbers with the Giants given the games played.

Dont see what the significant drop off.

• Upvote 1

Mentioned this in the Practice Squad thread.  

The Jets now have 8 former 1st round picks on their roster/PS:

• QB Sam Darnold (# 3 pick, 2018 draft)
  • DT Quinnen Williams (# 3, 2019)
  • LT Mekhi Becton (# 11, 2020)
  • ILB CJ Mosley (#17, 2014) -- opted out
  • QB Joe Flacco (# 18, 2008)
  • WR Josh Doctson (# 22, 2016) -- opted out
  • WR Breshad Perriman (# 26, 2015)
  • LB Alec Ogletree (# 30, 2013) 
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Ogletree is a better player, but surprising they have not resigned James Burgess given his familiarity with the team and starts last year.

Familiarity isn't necessarily a good thing if the team was terrible.  Douglas wants to bring in his own guys wherever possible.  That's his prerogative.  

• Upvote 1

When including the PS and IR, we now have 12 WRs on the roster:

• Perriman
  • Crowder
  • Mims
  • Hogan
  • Berrios
  • Vyncint Smith (IR)
  • Jeff Smith (IR)
  • Moncrief (IR)
  • Cager (PS)
  • Josh Malone (PS)
  • DJ Montgomery (PS)
  • Jaleel Scott (PS)

Douglas is clearly aware of the WR depth issue and doing what he can to address it.

Maybe that will quell a little of the b*tching around here.  Probably not....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mentioned this in the Practice Squad thread.  

The Jets now have 8 former 1st round picks on their roster/PS:

• QB Sam Darnold (# 3 pick, 2018 draft)
  • DT Quinnen Williams (# 3, 2019)
  • LT Mekhi Becton (# 11, 2020)
  • ILB CJ Mosley (#17, 2014) -- opted out
  • QB Joe Flacco (# 18, 2008)
  • WR Josh Doctson (# 22, 2016) -- opted out
  • WR Breshad Perriman (# 26, 2015)
  • LB Alec Ogletree (# 30, 2013) 

Bolded players sponsored by:

Summer's Eve Island Splash Cleansing Wash for Sensitive ...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

Bolded players sponsored by:

Summer's Eve Island Splash Cleansing Wash for Sensitive ...

Still very disappointed not to be able to see a Mosley/Williamson combo at ILB this year. 

Doctson just made a savvy business decision.  He had to know that a Practice Squad spot (here or elsewhere) was about the best he could expect out of 2020.  So he took the $150K or whatever and ran.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When including the PS and IR, we now have 12 WRs on the roster:

• Perriman
  • Crowder
  • Mims
  • Hogan
  • Berrios
  • Vyncint Smith (IR)
  • Jeff Smith (IR)
  • Moncrief (IR)
  • Cager (PS)
  • Josh Malone (PS)
  • DJ Montgomery (PS)
  • Jaleel Scott (PS)

Douglas is clearly aware of the WR depth issue and doing what he can to address it.

Maybe that will quell a little of the b*tching around here.  Probably not....

Nope LOL

Some people are just made to whine about stuff...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Nope LOL

Some people are just made to whine about stuff...

Yes, they're called "Jets fans". If the team played as well as the fans bitch, we'd win the Super Bowl every year.

I'll admit to being guilty sometimes, but not this early. I am always hoping for the best during the off season, at least until the first game or two...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, viffer said:

Yes, they're called "Jets fans". If the team played as well as the fans bitch, we'd win the Super Bowl every year.

I'll admit to being guilty sometimes, but not this early. I am always hoping for the best during the off season, at least until the first game or two...

Yeah I mean, there are situations that lend themselves to bitching, and some not. I see people bitching here every hour it seems.

To me anyway.... Most things are water under the bridge with this team, no need to have a stroke over.

2 hours ago, ageingjetfan said:

pretty sure his cover skills eroded. he is a cerebral player and tough as they come but is really suspect in pass defense from what I have seen of him.  

I have no issue with that at all because no ilb can cover worth spit (other than the super rare occasion and even then only for a short time) and if you are asking him to do so often it is at your own peril.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have no issue with that at all because no ilb can cover worth spit (other than the super rare occasion and even then only for a short time) and if you are asking him to do so often it is at your own peril.

Lot of truth to that but he got beat alot during drag routes on switch offs. I like him as a player but I am not sure tight ens in certain formation will not beat him like a drum in two tight end sets. again like him but he cannot be on field in certain formations at least from the times I have watched him

• Upvote 1