Ashtyn Davis On Offense

JetsLife

Let’s see him be a good FS and KR first.

WR requires a lot practice. How many guys do we see struggle because they can’t run precise routes or catch the ball in traffic? End arounds sure. But that’s not moving the needle much. V Smith is good on those plays. Better to just have him run those plays.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Let’s see him be a good FS and KR first.

WR requires a lot practice. How many guys do we see struggle because they can’t run precise routes are catch the ball in traffic? End arounds sure. But that’s not moving the needle much. V Smith is good on those plays. Better to just have him run those plays.

If he can be healthier version of Jason Sehorn but at safety, then JD hit the jackpot.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

A KO return basically ended Sehorms career. If he can start at S, you don't  play him on ST. I would like to see the rookie RB perine <sic> play that. 

not saying it cant ruin his career or anything, but the special teams rules now make it so much more returner friendly than it used to be.  The sheer absolute mayhem that would take place on a KR or KO with wedge breaking and guys just flying down and murdering everyone is ruled out of the game.  So while, yea anything is still possible and you'd probably like to save him from the hits in general, I'm not sure that him being a returner is as big an issue as it used to be. 

I could be remembering this wrong because I am getting surprisingly old, but the gadget plays those great Dallas teams ran with Sanders seemed to rarely work and be largely inefficient. I rooted hard against those Cowboy teams and I remember being happy whenever they brought Sanders in on offense. 

21 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

not saying it cant ruin his career or anything, but the special teams rules now make it so much more returner friendly than it used to be.  The sheer absolute mayhem that would take place on a KR or KO with wedge breaking and guys just flying down and murdering everyone is ruled out of the game.  So while, yea anything is still possible and you'd probably like to save him from the hits in general, I'm not sure that him being a returner is as big an issue as it used to be. 

The rules were made to prevent KOR, not make them safer. it is so easy to kick the ball into the EZ and taking a knee puts the ball on the 30. I really can't understand someone running it out trying to make a play unless you have Barry Sanders type skills. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The rules were made to prevent KOR, not make them safer. it is so easy to kick the ball into the EZ and taking a knee puts the ball on the 30. I really can't understand someone running it out trying to make a play unless you have Barry Sanders type skills. 

semantics. because obviously it is safer if you limit the amount of actual returns.  But also outlawing wedge blocking on KOR also makes it safer.  KO guys were coming down and full speed slamming into guys to break up the wedge which can cause collateral damage to a returner.  Everyone now on returns has to break down earlier and shed blocks quickly.  KOR now if we actually get a return is less hammering a nail into a wall, and more like an inside zone run. 

Of course, Gase has neither the vision nor the courage to attempt such a thing. Everyone knows that.

So it'll be 6-10ish, Chris Johnson will be satisfied, and we'll roll in to 2021 with this same charlatan of a HC. And Joe Douglas, where are you in 2021 on the Gase thing? 

• Post of the Week 1