Jump to content
JetsLife

Ashtyn Davis On Offense

Recommended Posts

The kid has crazy speed (4.28 - 4.39 40) and is a fairly dangerous kick returner. And the Jets could use another offensive weapon. Maybe sprinkle him in a few plays a la Devin Hester, Deion Sanders.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's to hoping he'll be a good ko returner and fill in at safety.  the guy seems to be a gamer and wants to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s see him be a good FS and KR first.

WR requires a lot practice. How many guys do we see struggle because they can’t run precise routes or catch the ball in traffic? End arounds sure. But that’s not moving the needle much. V Smith is good on those plays. Better to just have him run those plays.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Let’s see him be a good FS and KR first.

WR requires a lot practice. How many guys do we see struggle because they can’t run precise routes are catch the ball in traffic? End arounds sure. But that’s not moving the needle much. V Smith is good on those plays. Better to just have him run those plays.

If he can be healthier version of Jason Sehorn but at safety, then JD hit the jackpot.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TNJet said:

There's no way this mofo wasn't on something...

Defo high in that press conference.

Lets hope our new coach in 2021 is better 😁

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TNJet said:

There's no way this mofo wasn't on something...

I mean, I joke around about Gase but I absolutely agree with you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many players he will be a return guy until the moment he gets whacked and misses some plays on defense, then he will no longer be a return guy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A KO return basically ended Sehorms career. If he can start at S, you don't  play him on ST. I would like to see the rookie RB perine <sic> play that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

A KO return basically ended Sehorms career. If he can start at S, you don't  play him on ST. I would like to see the rookie RB perine <sic> play that. 

not saying it cant ruin his career or anything, but the special teams rules now make it so much more returner friendly than it used to be.  The sheer absolute mayhem that would take place on a KR or KO with wedge breaking and guys just flying down and murdering everyone is ruled out of the game.  So while, yea anything is still possible and you'd probably like to save him from the hits in general, I'm not sure that him being a returner is as big an issue as it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be remembering this wrong because I am getting surprisingly old, but the gadget plays those great Dallas teams ran with Sanders seemed to rarely work and be largely inefficient. I rooted hard against those Cowboy teams and I remember being happy whenever they brought Sanders in on offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

A KO return basically ended Sehorms career. If he can start at S, you don't  play him on ST. I would like to see the rookie RB perine <sic> play that. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!! Love me some Scott Frost!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

not saying it cant ruin his career or anything, but the special teams rules now make it so much more returner friendly than it used to be.  The sheer absolute mayhem that would take place on a KR or KO with wedge breaking and guys just flying down and murdering everyone is ruled out of the game.  So while, yea anything is still possible and you'd probably like to save him from the hits in general, I'm not sure that him being a returner is as big an issue as it used to be. 

The rules were made to prevent KOR, not make them safer. it is so easy to kick the ball into the EZ and taking a knee puts the ball on the 30. I really can't understand someone running it out trying to make a play unless you have Barry Sanders type skills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The rules were made to prevent KOR, not make them safer. it is so easy to kick the ball into the EZ and taking a knee puts the ball on the 30. I really can't understand someone running it out trying to make a play unless you have Barry Sanders type skills. 

semantics. because obviously it is safer if you limit the amount of actual returns.  But also outlawing wedge blocking on KOR also makes it safer.  KO guys were coming down and full speed slamming into guys to break up the wedge which can cause collateral damage to a returner.  Everyone now on returns has to break down earlier and shed blocks quickly.  KOR now if we actually get a return is less hammering a nail into a wall, and more like an inside zone run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold had trouble with Gase’ complex offense let’s put a safety in there because fast!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS he was drafted in the 3rd round and has played a snap in the NFL yet. Let’s wait a few weeks before we compare him to HOF players and have him playing multiple positions of defense and offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, Gase has neither the vision nor the courage to attempt such a thing. Everyone knows that.

So it'll be 6-10ish, Chris Johnson will be satisfied, and we'll roll in to 2021 with this same charlatan of a HC. And Joe Douglas, where are you in 2021 on the Gase thing? 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, TNJet said:

There's no way this mofo wasn't on something...

We've all had that moment in the club etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...