Mims Downgraded

I'm thinking the lockdown is going to be responsible league-wide for a lot of early season injuries. Not sure how diligent some players were about staying in shape the right way and also because of restrictions. Just because you weigh in OK doesn't mean you didn't lose a fitness level. I always thought that most players never kept up with off-season conditioning by and large the way that they should, but you always kind of see who sat around and ate salsa and chips and who ate salsa and chips and ran it off.

That was a whole lot of semi-senseless rambling, as are most of my posts. Every once in a while a cogent point sticks outs. Wait for it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Coaches are being extra careful with their players and it shouldn’t be surprising if this is a little gamesmanship. Brady has been on the injury report his entire career

Ive been wondering about this.  The jets have a lot of new guys on offense, and compared to 2019 the only returning starters are darnold, bell and crowder.  There are no preseason games.  The jets could conceivably come out in attack mode with mims and perriman and there’s no film to go on.  And when you consider how efffective gase was at scoring tds on the first drive, that’s a great way to send a message to the division that the jets are not the same feckless team as last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Coaches are being extra careful with their players and it shouldn’t be surprising if this is a little gamesmanship. Brady has been on the injury report his entire career

A rookie from a simple college offense, who hasn't practiced- is being held out because of gamesmanship? I doubt it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

What would Joe Judge do? Tie tennis balls to his hamstrings and make him run laps up the stadium stairs? I really want to know what a genuine "old-school" coach would do because this coddling of players has got to stop. 

Joe Judge would do a Mangini and not tell anyone which hamstrung was pulled

4-D Belichick chess

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How are Devin Smith, ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen doing?

You're jumping the gun on this one.  No surprise there!  It'll make for a nice necro a year from now when Mims is a quality WR1.

We all hope this is true.  The Mims part obviously 

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

My guess is we don’t see him until week 4 at earliest. 

Good thing our team's doctor, Hershman, has intelligence written all over his face, if it were the Mets Wilpon coupon doctors who get their licenses from crackerjack boxes, saves Wilpon's money, you'd be talking Week 4....2022.

I have confidence in Wk 4 or earlier.

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

Denzel Milliner.

Milliner had 5 f**kin surgeries prior to being drafted....5...FIVE...5....FIVE..

You'd have to be a pure idiot to make that a #1 Draft pick, and a high one at that.

What a "surprise" as to what happened.

Mims was defintely worth the risk as to where Douglas picked him...No injury baggage...at least that box could have gotten a checkmark.

• Upvote 3