Jump to content

Oh... thaaat's why Josh Bellamy was released


ElBarrioJets

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

The only mistake he made was not being politically connected. If you knew the right folks you could get a job as a middle man flipping state money over to factories overseas making PPE skimming points off of millions. True story. 

No doubt about it.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Former Jets wide-receiver Joshua Bellamy ripped off $1.2M in COVID-19 funds: feds

September 10, 2020 | 4:57pm | Updated 

 
Enlarge Image
Josh Bellamy
Josh BellamyBill Kostroun/New York Post

This wide receiver’s hands were maybe a little too sticky.

Former New York Jets wide-receiver Joshua Bellamy out bilked a coronavirus stimulus program for more than $1 million, federal prosecutors in Florida charged Thursday.

Bellamy allegedly obtained $1.2 million in fraudulent loans from the Payment Protection Program for his company “Drip Entertainment,” according to a criminal complaint filed in the Southern District of Florida.

The NFL player went shopping with the illegally obtained cash, buying up luxury goods at high-end retail shops, according to the complaint.

“On June 8, 2020, BELLAMY purchased $5,381.60 in goods at Gucci and $1,020.98 at Milano Exchange. On June 14, 2020, BELLAMY spent $2,014.80 at Dior,” prosecutors wrote.

“Bellamy’s bank records also reflect a number of expenditures for what appears to be travel and hotels. From M ay 28 to July 24, 2020, BELLAMY spent over $6,630 on transactions with various airlines. He also spent approximately $62,774 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino,” the complaint adds.

 

Attorney information for Bellamy was not immediately available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not Martha Stewart or Bill Belicheck, will probably not get a sweetheart deal legally or in the court of public opinion . . . as he well shouldn't.

Maybe he'll get a cell next to Craig Carton? : / Oh, wait, he was released. One thing I have to say about Carton, though. He owned it, said yeah, I did all of that, said he was a dirtbag and didn't make any excuses after he was found guilty of ripping people off except to say that his gambling got away from him. He also said he earned his sentence, which is a lot more than other guilty people say. I felt bad for his kids. 

This is like robbing foster kids of Christmas presents or something. It reeks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to give him props for actually being able to get a paycheck protection loan.  Most of the Paycheck protection loans were funneled by Chase and Bank of America to companies that they were loaning millions too who were in danger of defaulting on their loans.  Both banks got billions in fees for propping up their key customers and never responding to small business requests.  

If looting the US treasury was a crime the Secretary of the Treasury would be in jail for the rest of his life.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Some of them.  Plenty of them are upstanding and generous. At least in my circles they are. 

There is a very surprising and alarming number that are stupid greedy morons, way more than we would like in society.

Even upstanding generous people when put under stresses turn into greedy stupid morons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is a very surprising and alarming number that are stupid greedy morons, way more than we would like in society.

Even upstanding generous people when put under stresses turn into greedy stupid morons.

Most people are decent.  At least that has been my experience.  Even when presses, most will hold to their values and stick to acting justly... 

I suppose it comes down to personal  experience... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Most people are decent.  At least that has been my experience.  Even when presses, most will hold to their values and stick to acting justly... 

Clearly you haven't seen what happens to people when a city has a blackout for merely a few minutes or hours.

When humans are reduced to the lizard brain survival mode, all values and sense of justice goes out of the window for 95 % of the population.  And the other 5 % are the ones that get hurt or killed first.

Remember that scene in The Dark Knight with the Joker threatening to blow up one (or both) of the 2 boats?  If that happened in reality, one boat would have chosen to blow up the other one within about 10 minutes.

Don't get me wrong.  I mostly like people.  But we live in a country where we've collectively gotten accustomed to having things relatively easy (compared to 90+ % of the rest of the world) for decades.  We live in an empire.  And like all empires, people get complacent and lazy.  When a major event comes along and all of a sudden these same people get desperate, the mentality can, and does, shift dramatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clearly you haven't seen what happens to people when a city has a blackout for merely a few minutes or hours.

When humans are reduced to the lizard brain survival mode, all values and sense of justice goes out of the window for 95 % of the population.  And the other 5 % are the ones that get hurt or killed first.

Remember that scene in The Dark Knight with the Joker threatening to blow up one (or both) of the 2 boats?  If that happened in reality, one boat would have chosen to blow up the other one within about 10 minutes.

Don't get me wrong.  I mostly like people.  But we live in a country where we've collectively gotten accustomed to having things relatively easy (compared to 90+ % of the rest of the world) for decades.  We live in an empire.  And like all empires, people get complacent and lazy.  When a major event comes along and all of a sudden these same people get desperate, the mentality can, and does, shift dramatically.

What country and what city and what time period ??? Are you at all familiar with the Fukushima disaster ? Under some of the most difficult and frightening circumstances imaginable, the people's behavior was very commendable. 

Go back a bit further to WWII.  Entire cities in Europe were being leveled. Neither London or Coventry descended in to the type of mindless bestial anarchy that you are alluding to.  Even the poor bastards in Leningrad and Stanligrad held on to dignity.  They remained civil. 

It comes down to having good values and virtues.  If you have them, you keep them.  Even under the most difficult circumstances, a virtuous man or woman wont break with their identity for the sake of money or even survival. 

One thing I will agree with.  If an individual's only teachers are Hollywood, the networks and the record companies, I'm sure that individual will act like lowborn pig even when their circumstances are favorable and their surroundings are luxurious. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

What country and what city and what time period ??? Are you at all familiar with the Fukushima disaster ? Under some of the most difficult and frightening circumstances imaginable, the people's behavior was very commendable. 

Go back a bit further to WWII.  Entire cities in Europe were being leveled. Neither London or Coventry descended in to the type of mindless bestial anarchy that you are alluding to.  Even the poor bastards in Leningrad and Stanligrad held on to dignity.  They remained civil. 

It comes down to having good values and virtues.  If you have them, you keep them.  Even under the most difficult circumstances, a virtuous man or woman wont break with their identity for the sake of money or even survival. 

One thing I will agree with.  If an individual's only teachers are Hollywood, the networks and the record companies, I'm sure that individual will act like lowborn pig even when their circumstances are favorable and their surroundings are luxurious. 

I'm not talking all humans.  I'm just talking about Americans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...