***OFFICIAL KICKOFF THE 2020 NFL SEASON TNF TEXANS VS CHIEFS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Baseball is dying because of cultural changes more than anything.  The games are long but baseball was a 19th century pastoral game in towns connected by the choo choo train.  Also the connection to those small communities that saw a lot of minor league and independent league stuff no longer exists.  Any type of organized youth and community activity costs $$$.  It used to be as simple as getting the neighborhood kids together by some old ball player who still loved the game.  Getting rid of the 30 minutes of game play by speeding up pitching and adding bat flips wouldn't change that.

#1 cultural change at play is our content is disposable, we burn thru it faster and want to consume it faster.

Nothing you’re saying is wrong, but it’s actually exactly why long-ass games is a detriment.

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I am so not looking forward to the jets playing in KC this year. 

Only reason I am looking forward to is, like tonight, some Jets fans who think the difference between Darnold and Mahomes is wepenzzz will watch and understand that Mahomes would be a top 5 QB anywhere. 

As if the 50 TD season, MVP, and Super Bowl victory didn't hammer that home hard enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only reason I am looking forward to is, like tonight, some Jets fans who think the difference between Darnold and Mahomes is wepenzzz will watch and understand that Mahomes would be a top 5 QB anywhere. 

As if the 50 TD season, MVP, and Super Bowl victory didn't hammer that home hard enough.

Ehhhh 

I agree the weapons argument is rocky at best, but with that being said, if Mahomes walks into a situation like we were in at the time, personel, coaching, GM, etc, it MAY have been far different. 

1 QB wasnt overcoming Mac Nuts and Toilet Bowles. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

19 years ago tomorrow morning almost 100 law enforcement officers and hundreds of Firefighters and EMS personnel lost their lives trying to save people of every race. 3,000 Americans, of all colors, creeds, origins or whatever other metric were killed by psychotic enemies in the name of divisive identity politics and tribalism.

Bad ******* timing with this stuff.

There’s never a bad time to call for unity.

The way we responded to 9-11 was an exemplification of unity. Our country Isn’t the same now as it was then. Tragedy now is met with divisiveness.

9-11 shouldn’t be used to say, “this one time people weren’t racist, so sh*t up about racism”. 

I’d also argue that the reframing from racism to unity is an inspired shift in how the conversation is being approached.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well... the JETS stood Pat with a journeyman QB.  So you must be wrong. 

• Haha 1