***OFFICIAL KICKOFF THE 2020 NFL SEASON TNF TEXANS VS CHIEFS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only reason I am looking forward to is, like tonight, some Jets fans who think the difference between Darnold and Mahomes is wepenzzz will watch and understand that Mahomes would be a top 5 QB anywhere. 

As if the 50 TD season, MVP, and Super Bowl victory didn't hammer that home hard enough.

I'm glad there will be a silver lining to Mahomes hanging 50 on our team

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

That decision is driven by state-level politics and the individual organizations, no?

Yes but he's saying on top of that the NFL should be stepping in and barring all fans for fairness sake.  I don't know why it would bother someone that some teams can admit fans to fill 20 % of their seats and others can't.  Does it really matter?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but he's saying on top of that the NFL should be stepping in and barring all fans for fairness sake.  I don't know why it would bother someone that some teams can admit fans to fill 20 % of their seats and others can't.  Does it really matter?

Not sure how it couldnt matter.

Didnt Goodell say he was going to keep a level playing field a couple months ago?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Hey man... that movie was the bomb back then. 

41PF3HHTDFL.jpg

Best thing about it was Maude Adams.  Thief will always be my favorite James Caan movie.  He was born to play that character. The speech about being in Joliet is straight up one of the best monologues in movie history.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think it does because it gives certain teams an unfair advantage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No. It doesn’t matter.

Everything else I’d say here is political, not inflammatory, but not worth detailing the thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can barely hear the fans in the stands tonight and its the NFL's season opener.  It has almost zero impact.

I think you're downplaying it. If you ever played the sport at a competitive level you would realize the home field advantage,  even if it was only 100 people for a HS game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Best thing about it was Maude Adams.  Thief will always be my favorite James Caan movie.  He was born to play that character. The speech about being in Joliet is straight up one of the best monologues in movie history.

I'm more of a Charlton Heston guy...

Soylent Green Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• Haha 1