***OFFICIAL KICKOFF THE 2020 NFL SEASON TNF TEXANS VS CHIEFS GAME THREAD***

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

CEH reminding me of the opener a few years ago, when Kareem Hunt went off against NE in his first NFL game.  It is almost unfair that the Chiefs added this guy to their offense.

Wait until they start throwing him the ball, he was easily the best receiving back coming out this year and they're not even using him in the passing game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, PS17 said:

I fell head over heels Alabama game.

His Bama game highlight reel was equivalent to most other RB's entire season highlight reel. I was talking about him a lot in the draft forum but barely anyone reads it.

Deshaun is screwed this year. He has zero quality receivers, and it’s getting exposed in game 1. He has 2 WR, neither of which are quality #2 WRs... no TE... no WR depth.

They paid Cobb good money this offseason. I can’t see how O’Brien survives the year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s incredible what an otherwise good QB looks like when you rip up his OL and playmakers 

There's usually 1 or maybe 2 guys in the league who can make an offense work with almost anybody. I like Watson a lot, but he's not one of those guys. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Deshaun is screwed this year. He has zero quality receivers, and it’s getting exposed in game 1. He has 2 WR, neither of which are quality #2 WRs... no TE... no WR depth.

They paid Cobb good money this offseason. I can’t see how O’Brien survives the year.

I've predicted O'Brien is the 1st coach fired. His power play is going to make it tough to ignore his results. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, RobR said:

Wait until they start throwing him the ball, he was easily the best receiving back coming out this year and they're not even using him in the passing game.

Yup.  The guy is going to be a great weapon.  Especially in that offense.  But there is no way we were taking him at 11, and he was long gone before our second rounder, so he is not the one that got away.  And he is not in our division, which makes it easier to just sit back and enjoy watching him play.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

His Bama game highlight reel was equivalent to most other RB's entire season highlight reel. I was talking about him a lot in the draft forum but barely anyone reads it.

I don’t watch a ton of college ball but I love reading the takes in the Draft forum. Some of the best discussion on the site. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

At least we have some Power 5 college football to watch this weekend.  First real college football Saturday of the season coming up.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

But there is no way we were taking him at 11, and he was long gone before our second rounder, so he is not the one that got away.

I mentioned it earlier in another post that we had no chance at drafting him but it still hurts considering how high I was on him.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

At least we have some Power 5 college football to watch this weekend.  First real college football Saturday of the season coming up.

I think Oregon would have beat OSU this year. Finally.  That defense was insane.  Had at least four number one draft picks on it.  But now we'll never know.  Just keep losing players to early entry.  

3 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Was Oslemei on the Jets last year?

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

Yes, Jets got into a fight with him because he opted to have surgery. Jets disagreed it was necessary and continually fined him every practice he missed then released him. He's on a 1 year deal with KC now. 

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Watson- top 5 most overrated players in the game 

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Never understood the hype. He’s a good QB. Nowhere close to elite.

Holy reactionary takes, Batman!

The same fanbase that gives Darnold endless excuses can't even acknowledge the sabotage Bill O'Brien did to his own QB.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, Jets got into a fight with him because he opted to have surgery. Jets disagreed it was necessary and continually fined him every practice he missed then released him. He's on a 1 year deal with KC now. 

Osemeele's concern was that he wanted to be healthy in the future because he would be playing for somebody other than the Jets.  The Jets were like, "healthy or not we need you."  Osemele had no desire to continue to play here and the Jets didn't buy that excuse that "doctor A says I need surgery."  They both used every avenue necessary to force the other one to give in.  And I imagine the Raiders knew of Osemele's medical and attitude issues when they made the trade.  Macc totally fell into that one.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How does Mahomes fall to 10? Big 12 stigma? Because he’s the most gifted passer I’ve ever seen.

He was a big armed QB that played a lot of sandball in college.....I'm sure the Big 12 stigma played into it a bit.  I completely whiffed on him....think I gave him a 4th round grade.

• Upvote 2