Joe Judge rips teams effort-restarts practice

GreekJet

Just now, GreekJet said:

The interesting thing is that I hate the Giants more than any other team. If you are going to ban me please don’t do it thinking I’m a Giants fan. 

Im an old man with not a whole lot left but memories of days past. 

Dedicated Giants hater here too.  I think the giants are in for a bad season but they will still have a good offense. Too many weapons and Jones is legit

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dedicated Giants hater here too.  I think the giants are in for a bad season but they will still have a good offense. Too many weapons and Jones is legit

Yea and wake me up when Mara hires a black head coach and drafts a black QB.

Every coach has to look like Parcells/Couglin and every QB needs to look like Simms/Eli. 

4 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The only one he seems to have some similarities is Mangini. Expect a big turnaround in year 1. He’s providing these players with the discipline they crave. 

Dude did you just respond to yourself? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Max we need a ruling here.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s nothing like any of the other coordinators that worked for BB and then go mimicking him elsewhere.

Mimicking, eh, not impressed with anyone from that tree generally because apparently they all suck at cheating; except for maybe Cheat Vrabel, I have high hopes for that sh*tbag in The Cheating Department. He outwitted THE Master, and then Belichick actually had the audacity to cry that Vrabel played dirty, bent the rules, and cheated. LMFAO, I am not making this up. Surely EVERYONE remembers this, not just my coma brain. Thanks in advance. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey Moderators @slats @Sperm Edwards @The Crusher @nycdan @Charlie Brown @JoeC36 @Thor99

Check out the enhanced admin profile. It shows all the user names an account has had over the years. For example the OP has had a bunch and was banned under the name George Jetson.

Oh and sure this should be in the mod forum. But it is more fun doing this here.

George Jetson, wasn't he also Fred Jetstone, the guy with the Brooks Bollinger obsession? "From clipboard to Canton." Hahahaha, he pulled that in two places, I thought it was harmless. I told you I remember everything.

9 hours ago, heymangold said:

What does color have to do with anything?  Man you’re just full of bad takes.

I mean, there's really no justification to be made for hiring Joe Judge over Eric Bieniemy.  None. 

If you want to ignore race as part of that equation and say it should have no bearing on the discussion, fine.  Let's just give the Giants the benefit of the doubt for argument's sake.  But Judge was very clearly a bad hire from the jump, while Bieniemy has been getting groomed to be a HC by the same guy who groomed Doug Pederson.  He would have been a far more qualified and better hire.  

The trend with the Giants is to go conservative and old school with their hiring decisions.  That's undeniable at this point.  Dave Gettleman is a GM who thinks analytics are for nerds and Joe Judge coaches like he's running a middle school team in the 70s.  This will all end in disaster.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, there's really no justification to be made for hiring Joe Judge over Eric Bieniemy.  None. 

If you want to ignore race as part of that equation and say it should have no bearing on the discussion, fine.  Let's just give the Giants the benefit of the doubt for argument's sake.  But Judge was very clearly a bad hire from the jump, while Bieniemy has been getting groomed to be a HC by the same guy who groomed Doug Pederson.  He would have been a far more qualified and better hire.  

The trend with the Giants is to go conservative and old school with their hiring decisions.  That's undeniable at this point.  Dave Gettleman is a GM who thinks stats are for nerds and Joe Judge coaches like he's running a middle school team in the 70s.

Sure but what stopped the Jets, Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Bengals, Cowboys, Packers and Washington from hiring him the past 2 years?  Race?

42 minutes ago, section314 said:

Wasn’t that the extent of John Harbough’s resume’ when he got the Ravens job?

Yes, but Harbaugh had been coaching since 1984 and in the NFL since 1998 prior to getting his HC gig a decade later.  Judge had only started coaching in 2008 (LB's coach at Birmingham-Southern).  Meaning Harbaugh had twice as many total years of experience in coaching at the collegiate/pro levels than Judge had.  

It's also important to note that Harbaugh was an Andy Reid guy.  Reid's coaching tree >>>>>> Belichick's coaching tree.  Franchises should be aware of this by now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Sure but what stopped the Jets, Bucs, Browns, Panthers, Bengals, Cowboys, Packers and Washington from hiring him the past 2 years?  Race?

For some of these franchises, sure, race may have something to do with it.  It's not just about the owners and their connections/preferences, its also about selling a hire to a fanbase. 

For others on that list, there's no comparison to be made when it comes to some of the hires.  Bruce Arians and Matt Rhule were no-brainer hires for those 2 teams.  I do not fault them at all for hiring them over Bieniemy.  

But we're not talking about those franchises in this thread.  We're talking about how the Giants hired a Special Teams coach who thinks this is the 60s, from a coaching tree that has had basically zero success historically, over a guy who Andy Reid has been grooming for the last several years.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For some of these franchises, sure, race may have something to do with it.  It's not just about the owners and their connections/preferences, its also about selling a hire to a fanbase. 

For others on that list, there's no comparison to be made when it comes to some of the hires.  Bruce Arians and Matt Rhule were no-brainer hires for those 2 teams.  I do not fault them at all for hiring them over Bieniemy.  

But we're not talking about those franchises in this thread.  We're talking about how the Giants hired a Special Teams coach who thinks this is the 60s, from a coaching tree that has had basically zero success historically, over a guy who Andy Reid has been grooming for the last several years.

Obviously you and I disagree about Joe Judge, but agree on the overall point. Perhaps I am overthinking it since they had Jerry Reese in control of the organization for five years, but I agree with you in the sense that the Maras are still very 1980s in their approach. The HC and the QB are the faces of each NFL franchise and we are still waiting for those faces to be dark skinned in Giant blue. It was hard to listen to Mike Francesca and the Giant media figureheads wax-poetic all those years over the classy Giants and classy Maras knowing this fact. I was also incredibly turned off (not surprised) that they pitched a fit when they were in the running for Hard Knocks. Of course the classy Giants are too good for that. 

I was really hoping Dwayne Haskins would make them look dumb, because I truly believe the Maras were uncomfortable drafting a black QB in that spot. Unfortunately early results don’t look good for that. 

That said it’s been great to see them struggle the past five seasons. I have truly enjoyed watching John Mara have to stand up there at the end of each season and be humbled. 

18 hours ago, GreekJet said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29854649/new-york-giants-coach-joe-judge-rips-team-effort-restarts-practice

I’m definitely laying some money on Giants ML on Sunday. This guy is an amazing coach. 

Yes, hes an amazing coach. 

OMG, hes so great

Another crappy thread started for no good reason.