Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daddy Wang Doodle

It's Official

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bart Scott had a really interesting comment the other day. He said that “people in the league” still feel like Darnold was (and is) far and away the most talented QB in his draft class, even with Lamar on the board, but they question whether he’ll ever be able to put it together with the Jets, and that having a coaching and front office change happening around him really set him back. You can see that, from a tools and personality standpoint, Darnold *should* be a lot better, but you wonder if and when the Jets ever get it together long enough to see it pay off. Simien and Falk were, without question, horrible, but even the year prior when Darnold had the ankle, the Jets have zero chance to win when Darnold isn’t in the lineup, but he elevates what is a dreadful team all by himself when he does play. He might be better than we think. 

so the Jets is one of the worst things that could have happened to Darnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when you told us Mark Sanchez was gonna have a career like Rich Gannon

Pepperidge Farm remembers

There’s still time

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can't watch Lamar Jackson play and suggest he isn't better than Darnold at the other 2 things, too, at this stage in their respective careers.  Just because he's an excellent runner doesn't mean that's all he can do.  He has been a surprisingly solid passer ever since he became the starter in Baltimore. 

FFS the dude has a career 42 TD/9 INT ratio and completed 66 % of his throws last season, at 7.8 Yards per Attempt (IE he wasn't dinking and dunking).  You don't get there only by being a runner.

The problem I have with Jackson as a passer is that he is playing with a dominant running game (much of which is because of how special he is as a running threat) and he gets a lot of easy looks because of that. It makes him hard to compare to other top passers. 

I have no issues with the brutal performance against the Chargers in his first ever playoff game - it happens. But in two consecutive years, the run-heavy Ravens got behind early against a team that wasn't letting them run the ball and Jackson wasn't able to pass his team to victory, and really, he wasn't even close. 

I have concerns over the sustainability of that Baltimore system and I do wonder how Jackson would perform without having such a good rushing attack.

Having said that, I get the sense that he's just one of those guys who will always find a way to win a lot of games and I will also readily admit that he is head and shoulders better than Darnold right now. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP is smoking crack. Darnold needs to prove he's a top 25 QB before we start making Watson comparisons.

 

Does he have the potential to be good? Yeah. Does he have a terrible supporting cast? Yeah. But that doesn't, by default, mean that if he had a good supporting cast, he'd suddenly stop making stupid decisions and vault himself into the top 5 conversation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yall will say anything . to hype the QB who has proven the least of the bunch. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.j

Labrador. Good **** man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Yeah, so?

Until sam stop seeing ghost, throwing dumb interceptions and actually surpass 20 passing tds in a season.  He isnt in the conversation with watson or lamar. Forget Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

  

 

FFS the dude has a career 42 TD/9 INT ratio and completed 66 % of his throws last season, at 7.8 Yards per Attempt (IE he wasn't dinking and dunking).  You don't get there only by being a runner.

lol.  Playoff performance criticism?  He's f**kin 19-3 as a starter, I'm sure better days are ahead in postseason games.  Ask Ravens fans how concerned they are about that when it comes to Jackson's performance and future.  I'm sure they'll all say Darnold is a better QB.  

Joe Flacco as a rookie went 11 and 5 in 16 starts with Harbaugh.  He followed it up with 9 and 7 followed by 2 12 and 4 years.  Dude, Baltimore is a solid winning organization with one of the top HC/GM combinations in football.  Comparing what Lamar has done in Baltimore under completely different circumstances than Darnold has faced isn't remotely comparable.  In the playoffs Lamar has faced equal competition.  In the regular season Darnold has yet to face equal competition.  He has constantly played against better competition.  When Lamar faced equal competition at home he shat the bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

All Darnold needs to be successful is everything around him to be above average 

 

ok

Except he had a winning record last year with:

O-Line - Worst in NFL

RB's - Below average

WR's - Below average

TE's - Below average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Except he had a winning record last year with:

O-Line - Worst in NFL

RB's - Below average

WR's - Below average

TE's - Below average

mike tyson boom GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Joe Flacco as a rookie went 11 and 5 in 16 starts with Harbaugh.  He followed it up with 9 and 7 followed by 2 12 and 4 years.  Dude, Baltimore is a solid winning organization with one of the top HC/GM combinations in football.  Comparing what Lamar has done in Baltimore under completely different circumstances than Darnold has faced isn't remotely comparable.  In the playoffs Lamar has faced equal competition.  In the regular season Darnold has yet to face equal competition.  He has constantly played against better competition.  When Lamar faced equal competition at home he shat the bed.

 

This can all be true, and it also be simultaneously true that he's also well ahead of Darnold as a QB.  They're not mutually exclusive points.

Him "sh*tting the bed" in the postseason is really not relevant for the comparison. since Darnold has had those games too.  Some against weaker competition.   

It's only relevant when trying to suggest Lamar Jackson is overrated, which is a separate debate, and certainly a valid argument to make.  People have tried to put Jackson on Mahomes' level and I certainly would not agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bart Scott had a really interesting comment the other day. He said that “people in the league” still feel like Darnold was (and is) far and away the most talented QB in his draft class, even with Lamar on the board, but they question whether he’ll ever be able to put it together with the Jets, and that having a coaching and front office change happening around him really set him back. You can see that, from a tools and personality standpoint, Darnold *should* be a lot better, but you wonder if and when the Jets ever get it together long enough to see it pay off. Simien and Falk were, without question, horrible, but even the year prior when Darnold had the ankle, the Jets have zero chance to win when Darnold isn’t in the lineup, but he elevates what is a dreadful team all by himself when he does play. He might be better than we think. 

What most of us know and hate to admit...  a Woody/Chris run organization is the problem.

Players come and go.  Our management team has been bottom third for ever. Douglas just may be the 1st bulb that shines. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

This can all be true, and it also be simultaneously true that he's also well ahead of Darnold as a QB.  They're not mutually exclusive points.

Him "sh*tting the bed" in the postseason is really not relevant for the comparison. since Darnold has had those games too.  Some against weaker competition.   

It's only relevant when trying to suggest Lamar Jackson is overrated, which is a separate debate, and certainly a valid argument to make.  People have tried to put Jackson on Mahomes' level and I certainly would not agree with that.

I'm not suggesting his over rated.  I'm suggesting that you are under rating Darnold.  To date all I know is Lamar had an amazing season with a great team and when his running was contained doesn't look to be a great QB.  Darnold has shown me glimpses of the potential to be a great QB under very bad circumstances. 

Him sh*ting the bed against equal competition is relevant.  All of seen of Darnold is he's constantly under pressure and has had below average talent to throw the ball to.  In spite of what looked like a roster that could be described as worst in the league last year, with Darnold the team had a winning record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm not suggesting his over rated.  I'm suggesting that you are under rating Darnold.  To date all I know is Lamar had an amazing season with a great team and when his running was contained doesn't look to be a great QB.  Darnold has shown me glimpses of the potential to be a great QB under very bad circumstances. 

Him sh*tting the bed against equal competition is relevant.  

I have not seen greatness out of Darnold yet.  That's not a word I'd throw around lightly.   I think he can be a very QB, maybe even a guy who climbs in the top 10 or 12.  But his turnover-prone nature will always cap his ceiling a bit, and is something he'll have a problem with his whole career. 

He was turnover prone even when surrounded by very good circumstances at USC, so its not just a "Jets are ruining him!" issue.

And this is coming from someone who had Darnold as his # 1 choice in that 2018 class.  With hindsight he's just now my # 2 QB from the class, easily ahead of Baker and miles ahead of Allen and Rosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

That after last night's game, Mahomes is the only QB in the AFC you'd pick to start a team over Darnold.

Watson? Has shown the incredible ability to pad stats at the end of games and convince people he's a game changer. He's not

Lamar Jackson? 0-2 in the playoffs. Not to be taken seriously

Bills RB Josh Allen? Lol, please.

This year, Darnold will surpass all of the players listed above and claim his spot as a top 5 QB in the NFL. 

It's a great time to be a Jets fan.

usa_today_13859744.0.jpg

How about if Sam plays 16 games and wins more than he loses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have not seen greatness out of Darnold yet.  That's not a word I'd throw around lightly.   I think he can be a very QB, maybe even a guy who climbs in the top 10 or 12.  But his turnover-prone nature will always cap his ceiling a bit, and is something he'll have a problem with his whole career.

Again, he's been in 2 systems in 2 years playing under enormous pressure with bad talent to distribute too.  Darnold has almost 300 more attempts than Jackson in the same 2 year period.  Lamar was brought along by talent laden organization with top coaching and was babied in his first year.  They virtually built the O around him.  Darnold hasn't been in remotely the same position.  Darnold has been asked to carry a 100 pound turd since the day he walked into the building.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggs said:

Again, he's been in 2 systems in 2 years playing under enormous pressure with bad talent to distribute too.  Darnold has almost 300 more attempts than Jackson in the same 2 year period.  Lamar was brought along by talent laden organization with top coaching and was babied in his first year.  They virtually built the O around him.  Darnold hasn't been in remotely the same position.  Darnold has been asked to carry a 100 pound turd since the day he walked into the building.  

 

He was turnover prone at USC too, surrounded by very good circumstances.  That stuff follows you.  

The good news is he seems to check the box in the all-important accuracy column.  Something this franchise hasn't had since......ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Except he had a winning record last year with:

O-Line - Worst in NFL

RB's - Below average

WR's - Below average

TE's - Below average

Strength of opponents?  
 

I hope he throws 5 TDS Sunday it’s just making excuses for a guy the Jets invested 4 high picks in expired last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Until sam stop seeing ghost, throwing dumb interceptions and actually surpass 20 passing tds in a season.  He isnt in the conversation with watson or lamar. Forget Pat

Why does it have to be 20 passing only? We all count Jackson's, Watson's, and Allen's rushing tds. Why not Darnold's? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bart Scott had a really interesting comment the other day. He said that “people in the league” still feel like Darnold was (and is) far and away the most talented QB in his draft class, even with Lamar on the board, but they question whether he’ll ever be able to put it together with the Jets, and that having a coaching and front office change happening around him really set him back. You can see that, from a tools and personality standpoint, Darnold *should* be a lot better, but you wonder if and when the Jets ever get it together long enough to see it pay off. Simien and Falk were, without question, horrible, but even the year prior when Darnold had the ankle, the Jets have zero chance to win when Darnold isn’t in the lineup, but he elevates what is a dreadful team all by himself when he does play. He might be better than we think. 

The b/u QB was sickening... Uncle Josh and Simien/Falk...  sheesh. Once both season were gone I was really hoping they;d run the 2 minute drill every game... (or at least vintage Bills K Gun)  just let the kid air it out...   KC didnt go deep v often. I see  a similar thing for Sam this week. Heavy doses of Wesco and Becton leading run plays....   Crowder/Herndon needa step it up...

I pray he is the exception rather than the rule when taking his first 2 years into account 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Again, he's been in 2 systems in 2 years playing under enormous pressure with bad talent to distribute too.  Darnold has almost 300 more attempts than Jackson in the same 2 year period.  Lamar was brought along by talent laden organization with top coaching and was babied in his first year.  They virtually built the O around him.  Darnold hasn't been in remotely the same position.  Darnold has been asked to carry a 100 pound turd since the day he walked into the building.  

 

I’m just so tired of hearing these type of excuses about every dang QB we’ve ever had.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

I’d take 5 entertaining years with Lamar instead of 15 average years with any other QB. 

the insanity to conclude that Sam is better than LJ is presidential in its character...

dude just won the MVP...  carried a medium talent team with weak WR group to playoffs in his first year, then won the MVP iin a landslide...

its like saying you think the last 5 yrs is better than 2009-10 cos that didnt last....

I wanta a team that is COMPETITIVE... that plays GOOD football....  bot some wishy washy bs filled with unrealized potential....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

This can all be true, and it also be simultaneously true that he's also well ahead of Darnold as a QB.  They're not mutually exclusive points.

Him "sh*tting the bed" in the postseason is really not relevant for the comparison. since Darnold has had those games too.  Some against weaker competition.   

It's only relevant when trying to suggest Lamar Jackson is overrated, which is a separate debate, and certainly a valid argument to make.  People have tried to put Jackson on Mahomes' level and I certainly would not agree with that.

over 500 yds in offense last year is sh*tting the bed? riggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggght...JN would be collecting to build Sam a statue...  " The mOst Noble Losing QB Ever"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

 

Why does it have to be 20 passing only? We all count Jackson's, Watson's, and Allen's rushing tds. Why not Darnold's? 

Because when there rushing numbers . Darnold falls even further in conversation. I just want to surpass 20 tds this year passing. Hell even Daniel jones threw 24 in one less start..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Again, he's been in 2 systems in 2 years playing under enormous pressure with bad talent to distribute too.  Darnold has almost 300 more attempts than Jackson in the same 2 year period.  Lamar was brought along by talent laden organization with top coaching and was babied in his first year.  They virtually built the O around him.  Darnold hasn't been in remotely the same position.  Darnold has been asked to carry a 100 pound turd since the day he walked into the building.  

 

You learn more on the field than being “babied”. You either got it or you don’t. Ravens didn’t have a 14-2 team last year but Jackson made sure they reached it. Ravens were not “talent laden” 8-8, 9-7 and 10-6 the three years prior. That’s not talent laden. 
 

Let’s not pretend like Darnold is in the same zip code as Jackson. The two are easily half the NFL starters away from each other, if not more. I refuse to believe Darnold is the next coming of Manning. Not until he wins a game or two in January. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when you told us Mark Sanchez was gonna have a career like Rich Gannon

Pepperidge Farm remembers

 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There’s still time

Maybe his announcing career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

You learn more on the field than being “babied”. You either got it or you don’t. Ravens didn’t have a 14-2 team last year but Jackson made sure they reached it. Ravens were not “talent laden” 8-8, 9-7 and 10-6 the three years prior. That’s not talent laden. 
 

Let’s not pretend like Darnold is in the same zip code as Jackson. The two are easily half the NFL starters away from each other, if not more. I refuse to believe Darnold is the next coming of Manning. Not until he wins a game or two in January. 

It's bestto put JNers like Biggs/2020 on ignore...

I mean, if you come

to read fans' stuff that is analytical and reasonable while supporting your team, that is.

Otherwise it's like eating dolma and someone slips a turd on your plate when you are not looking, next thing you know you taste sh*t in your mouth...    in this case, your mind since its reading sh*t and not eating it...

the less sh*t in your mind the better

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

It's bestto put JNers like Biggs/2020 on ignore...

I mean, if you come

to read fans' stuff that is analytical and reasonable while supporting your team, that is.

Otherwise it's like eating dolma and someone slips a turd on your plate when you are not looking, next thing you know you taste sh*t in your mouth...    in this case, your mind since its reading sh*t and not eating it...

the less sh*t in your mind the better

Your post has none football turd all over it.  He has an opinion and expressed.  I have mine and expressed it.  You sound like a dolt.  

FYI the Ravens had 3 All Pros not named Jackson and 6 additional pro bowl players on their team last year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

the insanity to conclude that Sam is better than LJ is presidential in its character...

dude just won the MVP...  carried a medium talent team with weak WR group to playoffs in his first year, then won the MVP iin a landslide...

 

But...but he has Mark Ingram, man!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biggs said:

Your post has none football turd all over it.  He has an opinion and expressed.  I have mine and expressed it.  You sound like a dolt.  

FYI the Ravens had 3 All Pros not named Jackson and 6 additional pro bowl players on their team last year.  

Many teams have good players on them.  No one is taking away their QB's accolades because of it.  

And the point you ignored is a good one:  The Ravens were an 8-8 / 9-7 team prior to Jackson's arrival.  With him as the starter for the full season they won 14 and finished ahead of the Chiefs.  Meaning Jackson is worth about +5 regular season wins compared to a replacement level QB.  

Once Darnold starts accounting for +5 wins on his own over a replacement level QB (and no, Luke Falk is not "replacement level"), we can revisit this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

It's bestto put JNers like Biggs/2020 on ignore...

I mean, if you come

to read fans' stuff that is analytical and reasonable while supporting your team, that is.

Otherwise it's like eating dolma and someone slips a turd on your plate when you are not looking, next thing you know you taste sh*t in your mouth...    in this case, your mind since its reading sh*t and not eating it...

the less sh*t in your mind the better

I mean I enjoyed the optimistic analysis on Darnold but it’s year 3 and he hasn’t exactly lived up to those analysis yet. And to put him above many other established QBs is exactly how you put it. We saw many positive analysis on Sanchez by the end of year 3. All it did was crush all the hope for many years to come. So I’ve changed my approach to “won’t believe until I see it“. Darnold and his next gen analysis fit right in. I’m still optimistic, just not a blind follower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...