Gase Doesn’t Rule out IR for Denzel Mims

JetNation

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

At minimum 45% the fault of our training room. 

They have zero clue how to rehab people properly. That was evident the last couple years. Then we decided to let the strength and conditioning coach go, and replace him with someone from within his own inept department. Makes complete sense. 

We should have fired everybody that worked in that department and hired from outside. 

is this based on your personal knowledge of high level athlete training, your inside knowledge of the jets training staff, or both?

nice job on the completely arbitrary 45% too...clearly you've thought about this.

• WTF? 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You tried to walk it back.  Doesn't count!  

Well, so far... hes a Devin Smith. Until proven otherwise. 

13 Game difference to be fair, but total college production, injury concerns, miss the beginning of the season. 

It's an apt comparison, until he sees the field lol.

Then we can reset the comparison when we see him play in the NFL. 

Photo_2020-09-11_12-41-10_PM.png

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

At minimum 45% the fault of our training room. 

They have zero clue how to rehab people properly. That was evident the last couple years. Then we decided to let the strength and conditioning coach go, and replace him with someone from within his own inept department. Makes complete sense. 

We should have fired everybody that worked in that department and hired from outside. 

45 percent? You sure? 

I got 51.98% - we should compare models

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

is this based on your personal knowledge of high level athlete training, your inside knowledge of the jets training staff, or both?

nice job on the completely arbitrary 45% too...clearly you've thought about this.

Yes I scientifically and mathematically came to the 45% number ?

It's not based on anything other than our own eyes and fact based evidence. We've had a bad injury history for about 2 years with not much progress in rehab. This isnt something I arbitrarily made up. 

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Mahomes weapons are ridiculous! Top 3 WR, top 2 TE, Edwards- Helaire is crazy talented, Watkins would be our best WR, it’s almost not fair. 
How in the hell do they fit all these players under the salary cap? 
They even have big time free agent defensive players. 

Hill signed a 3/$54 w/$35 guaranteed last year. Watkins signed a 3/$48 deal in 2018 with 30 guaranteed. Robinson is only making 2.3 million and the rest are on rookie deals. So approximately $23 million + of cap space is spent on WRs. Looks like Kelce is making $8 this year. Add in Mahomes' $. Their not spending a lot on RBs and maybe O-line. Smart contract management

It is mildly annoying that this kid hurts his hamstring while conditioning before camp, sits out several weeks, comes back for a week and hurts his other hammy.  Other than Becton and Davis the rest of this draft class is on IR.  Not exactly a good situation. 
This is on the conditioning staff ... W T F ... Don't these guys stretch ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

32 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Scroll up a comment. 

I think the kid can probably play. I'm only comparing from an inury/draft status perspective. 

Devin Smith had a severe injury in training camp; Dude damn near pierced his lung. That was nothing like a hamstring injury that we don't even know the severity of.   This is what happens when you try and rush someone back who as already missed a month of training camp.   Just let the guy get healthy and bring some guys off the practice squad.  What did they sign Jaleel Scott for if they are not going to utilize him?  

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

WRs on the practice squad

1. 81- DJ Montgomery 6'1" 201 Austin Peay (WR)  
  2. xx - Jaleel Scott 6'5" 210 New Mexico State (WR) 
  3.   1- Lawrence Cager 6'5" 215 UGA (WR)
  4. 83 - Josh Malone 6'3" 208 Tennessee (WR)

Of those 4 I like Scott the best but bring up somebody for chrissakes. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Come on we really needed to draft that back up quarterback! After all, NE might have taken him! 

that was my first thought, too

I think people in favor drafting 2, because we needed 2, had it right but for the wrong reason. Draft 2 because we need to hit on 1. Expecting to start 2 rookie WRs is stewpid, but ask Arizona if they regretted going back to the well at that position to draft Boldin after they burned a 1st rounder on Bryant Johnson. 

• Haha 1

Remember that time back in 2019 when the Jets had 47 dudes on IR so Adam Gase said they were going to do a "deep dive" on the injury situation and it led them to fire the long time trainer and throw him under the bus?  Clearly that dude was the problem.

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Come on we really needed to draft that back up quarterback! After all, NE might have taken him! 

It doesn't do anything for you to you know that Belichick, in need of a QB, wanted him as a developmental candidate/potential future starter?

QB is the most valuable asset on the field.  I will never begrudge a GM taking meaningful shots at midround QB's, whether the team "needs" one or not.  A 4th round WR wasn't going to save the 2020 season.  Certainly I would have liked to end up with a 2nd WR out of this draft, but people ripping on the Morgan pick in particular is just strange.

Furthermore, pretty much all camp reports were positive when it came to Morgan this summer.  

Even if he is a backup and nothing more, that carries value too.  It's funny how many of the same people whining about the Jets lack of a QB2 last season somehow forgot all about that a year later.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Remember that time back in 2019 when the Jets had 47 dudes on IR so Adam Gase said they were going to do a "deep dive" on the injury situation and it led them to fire the long time trainer and throw him under the bus.  Clearly that dude was the problem.

every team gets unlucky with injuries to some extent or another

the Jets' lack of depth/poor drafting makes any injury seem like a calamity

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It doesn't do anything for you to you know that Belichick, in need of a QB, wanted him as a developmental candidate/potential future starter?

QB is the most valuable asset on the field.  I will never begrudge a GM taking shots at midround QB's, whether the team "needs" one or not.  A 4th round WR wasn't going to save the 2020 season.  

Furthermore, pretty much all camp reports were positive when it came to Morgan this summer.  

Even if he is a backup and nothing more, that carries value too.  It's funny how many of the same people whining about the Jets lack of a QB2 last season somehow forgot all about that a year later.

We had s fir number of picks, he has to have the QB?  fine use another pick on a WR.  We had a super weak Wr core without the injuries and the class was deep in WR, that is the very definition of a time to double dip.  As I showed in an earlier thread, about 10 teams double dipped at Wr and 3 or so tripled dipped.

• Upvote 2