15 minutes ago, Jaybird1970 said:

I am not a fan who has blind faith or will get into fist fights because of the city he was born in and that cities football team.  I am here not to talk smack but to give praise.  I am a grateful Seahawks fan and no, I am not here to talk about Adams.  There were a number of us Seattle fans, a little more analytical in our evaluations that think you got one hell of a Tackle in George Fant.  We (Seahawks fans) were hoping that eventually he would take over for Brown at LT as Duane Brown is getting close to retiring.  George Fant can move and use his feet.  It seems like the Jets are in the news a lot for all the wrong reasons but you should have solid Tackle play for the next 10 years and take it from a fan that knows terrible offensive line play, good Tackles matter as much as who is carrying the ball.  When I was a little kid I liked the Freeman McNeil, Mark Gastineau, Joe Klecko, and Al Toon led Jets so I thought I'd come here and spread some love!

-Anybody but New England or Buffalo!

You sir, get a blue heart, especially since you were probably born the same year I was, 1970.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, Jaybird1970 said:

I am not a fan who has blind faith or will get into fist fights because of the city he was born in and that cities football team.  I am here not to talk smack but to give praise.  I am a grateful Seahawks fan and no, I am not here to talk about Adams.  There were a number of us Seattle fans, a little more analytical in our evaluations that think you got one hell of a Tackle in George Fant.  We (Seahawks fans) were hoping that eventually he would take over for Brown at LT as Duane Brown is getting close to retiring.  George Fant can move and use his feet.  It seems like the Jets are in the news a lot for all the wrong reasons but you should have solid Tackle play for the next 10 years and take it from a fan that knows terrible offensive line play, good Tackles matter as much as who is carrying the ball.  When I was a little kid I liked the Freeman McNeil, Mark Gastineau, Joe Klecko, and Al Toon led Jets so I thought I'd come here and spread some love!

Welcome to the board. The general response around here when Fant was signed was split between cynicism and 'our GM knows better'.

The early reports on Fant from camp are promising, he appears to be a positive presence behind the scenes. Best of luck on the season, except on that unlucky Sunday in early December.

• Upvote 1

The fact that this guy couldn't lock down a starting job on one of the worst OL's in the NFL scares the hell out of me.

His performance against Bosa last season gives me hope.

10 hours ago, Jaybird1970 said:

I really hope so. He must be making some kind of impact around there to get named a captain on a new team with a crazy offseason!

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Jaybird1970 said:

Is this the real @FidelioJet??

NIGHT & DAY Oline from last years opener. 

Just think this year we have 5 different guys from last years opener starting & we cut the Center that finished the season 😲

Has that EVER happened in the NFL? Seriously? 

That is why many pundents still believe in Sam Darnold. Put Jackson or Goff or even Mahomes behind last years Oline with a fat Bell, skinny Anderson, no TE, who is Powell playing for this year? Who was our #2 WR? 

Its actually mind boggling what Sam Darnold did last year finishing 6-2. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AFJF said:

The fact that this guy couldn't lock down a starting job on one of the worst OL's in the NFL scares the hell out of me.

His performance against Bosa last season gives me hope.

Remember, the 'Hawks did try and bring him back but he wanted the opportunity to play as the starting LT. JD promised him that and then drafted our starting LT at #11. JD is like Parcell's in many ways and I like that.

• Upvote 1

I didnt love the Fant signing initially but he seems to be a good fit for this system.  Also, he was voted a team captain which is a big deal in the lockerroom.

The concern I have  have is that in the OL write up from TC, he apparenlty struggled a lot in practice with Terrel Basham, which isnt a great sign but who knows.

Hopefully he is an upgrade from Shell.

I did note during FA that the Seattle forums were not thrilled Fant was departing.  I don't think we can say the same for Shell.

I would also bet 2 dollars that most writers and fans based their opinions of Fant solely on PFF and have never watched him play a snap

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I didnt love the Fant signing initially but he seems to be a good fit for this system.  Also, he was voted a team captain which is a big deal in the lockerroom.

The concern I have  have is that in the OL write up from TC, he apparenlty struggled a lot in practice with Terrel Basham, which isnt a great sign but who knows.

Hopefully he is an upgrade from Shell.

Maybe, but he held his own against Bosa last year 

24 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I did note during FA that the Seattle forums were not thrilled Fant was departing.  I don't think we can say the same for Shell.

I would also bet 2 dollars that most writers and fans based their opinions of Fant solely on PFF and have never watched him play a snap

I watched a lot of Hawks because I had Wilson in fantasy & he always stood out to be as being the best their best lineman. Definitely has good feet & can readjust quickly. 

11 hours ago, Jaybird1970 said:

UW Alum, lived in Seattle in the 70's.  I have family in Oregon that were evacuated this week.  I know there are fires burning up through Washington and into BC.   Beautiful part of the country going up in flames.   Lots of Seahawk nation is covered in ash and losing everything.   Stay safe!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

we'll see what fant can do very soon now.  the jets gave one of the captains badges to fant so that must say something about him as both a payer and a person.  this could be a good thing.  he's got the size and i am intrigued that he played basketball and could be used on tackle eligible plays.

13 hours ago, Jaybird1970 said:

Wondering if you have more input other than 'George Fant can move and use his feet.'

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think as someone who has seen him play in actual games. I have read up on him and seen some highlights. I know he came into the league as a really athletic tackle with all the tools but really raw. I know he never really got a legit shot to show he can be a starting caliber OT in the NFL as the Hawks went with the veteran Brown. I don't know how he fared just before he came to the Jets but my understanding is that he was trending upwards and improving his overall game.