Would you go to a stadium if you had to pass through a "disinfecting doorway"?

TuscanyTile2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Walking through a doorway and getting sprayed  does not prevent you from passing covid if you are infected so no, I still would not attend a game without proper social distancing  and mask wearing. That doorway doesn't  accomplish anything.

Except create a false sense of security 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Making people do something they don't feel comfortable with is so 'un-American'.

Granting access to a space by way of 'check' - whether it be on my health or my security - is something you'd see in China. 

A more American solution would be to incentivize the wearing of hazmat suits (through various marketing and televangelist style promotion), and selectively approving access to those that own them, as verified by mandatory declaration at the ticket-office. 

And make it available in 6 easy payments.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yeah well he died before Covid-19.   I think he might have had a slightly different attitude about this had he lived.   This not about "Big Gov't" taking away your rights.  This about trying to stop or limit the spread of deadly disease that is highly contagious and is transmitted through the air.   Every other nation in the world seems to get this....  

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah well he died before Covid-19.   I think he might have had a slightly different attitude about this had he lived.   This not about "Big Gov't" taking away your rights.  This about trying to stop or limit the spread of deadly disease that is highly contagious and is transmitted through the air.   Every other nation in the world seems to get this....  

"This time is different!"

Btw, have you read what's going on in Melbourne recently?

7 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Its not a problem. I play poker every day and they spray us, temp check us, we have to clean our hands every time we get up for 2 seconds, they spray the seats down every time a player moves - covid created a lot of new jobs like seat cleaner and temp checkers but if u wanna play poker you get used to it and of course we have to wear masks the whole time. So going to a game and getting sprayed down once and wearing a mask would be a cake walk.

marilyn monroe wind GIF
I’d stand by and just watch

6 hours ago, 20andOut said:

90% of what is going on right now is theater. The expression i always use is "the dog and pony show" Kids schools are now doing temp check on every kid coming into building even though it is pretty much universally accepted that kids, when they do get exposed are almost always asymptomatic, no fever!

We are lemmings. We have been putting up with security theater for 19 years now (e.g. one guy tries to sneak an explosive in his shoe one time - gets caught - and a generation of people now have to take their shoes off before going through security at an airport) and now we are getting ready to roll out health theater.  More things that have zero impact but make it seem like something is being done.

Can't wait to go through 2 gates before entering a stadium. Can't wait for this simulation to be over. Someone hit reset please.

• Post of the Week 1