Isaiah Wilson arrested-DUI

GreekJet

This is almost as dumb as Plaxico Burress almost shooting himself in the balls. It's so unnecessary, especially today, and risk vs reward is non-existent. Everyone always says call a cab, well, yeah; but the problem with that is is that when the time comes, a lot of people are all I got it I got it I got it I got it because they really believe they got it . . . and they don't got it.

Even if you're lucky enough not to harm anyone, the absolute havoc and complete ball of nightmare legal and professional sh*t that DUI wreaks on your life, it's so not worth it.

You don't even have to be a boring designated driver these days. Pre-plan your ride before you leave the house . . .  or get more present and prescient friends. : /

MILD DISCLAIMER: The middle of the sentence in the paragraph before last doesn't apply to the rich and famous the way it would apply to you and me unless they've done it 80x.

ADDENDUM: Speaking of which,  I'd like to point out drunk driving deaths have gone down while text driving deaths have gone way up. Some states are pushing to make texting while driving a felony with penalties being just as severe as driving drunk. If you jog like I do on the road sometimes, watch yourself, because three out of ten cars are not watching YOU. Some jackass brighted the living sh*t out of me, was coming right towards me, and put me in a ditch last week.

Well, to clarify, I had a reflector vest on, and there's no doubt in my mind that this idiot was texting. I jumped in the ditch (no shoulder), which was about 3 feet deep and full of drainage water to avoid being murdered. Jackass saw me at the last possible second and overcorrected. It's a good thing nobody was coming the other way, because he went all the way to the other side of the road trying not to crash and blew through a stop sign. He never stopped, which leads me to believe that if he had hit me he would have kept going.

Don't text and drive. You could kill me. I'm going to really start watching my back now because I think I just had a starring role in 'Final Destination 6'. Scratch that, I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten myself killed in the woods, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I got shook yesterday. A coworkers 13 year old on a bike got struck-launched 100 feet through the air, no helmet, brain surgery/tubes/etc.  I spontaneously teared up throughout the day and hugged my little kids hard.

Sorry to hear about your friend and I think it is an awesome thing to hug your children daily. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

This is almost as dumb as Plaxico Burress almost shooting himself in the balls. It's so unnecessary, especially today, and risk vs reward is non-existent. Everyone always says call a cab, well, yeah; but the problem with that is is that when the time comes, a lot of people are all I got it I got it I got it I got it because they really believe they got it . . . and they don't got it.

Even if you're lucky enough not to harm anyone, the absolute havoc and complete ball of nightmare legal and professional sh*t that DUI wreaks on your life, it's so not worth it.

You don't even have to be a boring designated driver these days. Pre-plan your ride before you leave the house . . .  or get more present and prescient friends. : /

MILD DISCLAIMER: The middle of the sentence in the paragraph before last doesn't apply to the rich and famous the way it would apply to you and me unless they've done it 80x.

ADDENDUM: Speaking of which,  I'd like to point out drunk driving deaths have gone down while text driving deaths have gone way up. Some states are pushing to make texting while driving a felony with penalties being just as severe as driving drunk. If you jog like I do on the road sometimes, watch yourself, because three out of ten cars are not watching YOU. Some jackass brighted the living sh*t out of me, was coming right towards me, and put me in a ditch last week.

Well, to clarify, I had a reflector vest on, and there's no doubt in my mind that this idiot was texting. I jumped in the ditch (no shoulder), which was about 3 feet deep and full of drainage water to avoid being murdered. Jackass saw me at the last possible second and overcorrected. It's a good thing nobody was coming the other way, because he went all the way to the other side of the road trying not to crash and blew through a stop sign. He never stopped, which leads me to believe that if he had hit me he would have kept going.

Don't text and drive. You could kill me. I'm going to really start watching my back now because I think I just had a starring role in 'Final Destination 6'. Scratch that, I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten myself killed in the woods, lol.

ahh, my strega...

anyways a few years back i was oot and aboot wif my brother...   all these cop cars andambulances...the detoured us...

turns out a teenage girl ran over a mom and her baby in a stroller while texting....   

i had a tough time not attacking peoples cars who texted back when i cummuted via motorcycle....   gaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I got shook yesterday. A coworkers 13 year old on a bike got struck-launched 100 feet through the air, no helmet, brain surgery/tubes/etc.  I spontaneously teared up throughout the day and hugged my little kids hard.

Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that, that's awful. I hope it has a positive outcome.  I don't pray, but I do send good intentions. Done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ahh, my strega...

anyways a few years back i was oot and aboot wif my brother...   all these cop cars andambulances...the detoured us...

turns out a teenage girl ran over a mom and her baby in a stroller while texting....   

i had a tough time not attacking peoples cars who texted back when i cummuted via motorcycle....   gaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Damn, CC. : /

12 hours ago, jetophile said:

It's so unnecessary, especially today, and risk vs reward is non-existent.

That doesn't do the stupidity justice.

NFL Players have a special program provided by the NFLPA that provides them with transportation...and will get their vehicle home for them. It will also get the people they're with home as well. 

Almost all teams provide a similar program for players and other personnel. The NFL provides a program for non-player personnel. 

These programs are confidential. The league/team/etc doesn't know if someone has used them. 

Anyone involved with the league as a coach, player or front office personnel has no excuse to ever drive drunk. The NFLPA, the Teams, and the League all hammer into them to the myriad of option they have to prevent the publicity of a DUI. Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would Douglas take a chance on a guy like this?

Remember when a bunch of JN posters said that the Jets should emulate what the Titans are doing?

Also, I seem to recall quite a few posters advocating that Douglas take a WR at 11 because there would likely be quality OT's (like Wilson) on the board later on.  A lot of those same posters are now saying Becton was the "obvious pick".

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when a bunch of JN posters said that the Jets should emulate what the Titans are doing?

Also, I seem to recall quite a few posters advocating that Douglas take a WR at 11 because there would likely be quality OT's (like Wilson) on the board later on.  A lot of those same posters are now saying Becton was the "obvious pick".

Links?

This is a top notch turd post.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

He had a terrible rookie year, truly woeful.

There is talent there, but he's a big risk.

Offer a late round pick - if they take it, good, if they want more, let them find it elsewhere.

Although we dont want to mess with chemistry on the team, calling with an offer of a 5th or even a 4th, depending on what the Jets can dig up, as our standing offer isnt a bad idea.  If the kid did have some issues (he just turned 22 this month) that can be helped with a year behind fant and giving him the support he needs, its a great move.

Id imagine there has to be some sort of legit mental health issue as its very rare for someone to throw it all away before they even get paid.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hey I love the Becton pick (same avatar since he was drafted), but I was in the WR camp.  A lot of the next tier OTs got relentlessly pumped up by the experts.  For me, I just couldn't revisit in any way shape or form the horror that was Idzik.  In a superb WR class, one of the best, he came away with a pile of WR dog sht.  2020 draft was WR rich.  Deja vu?  Once Douglas got Mims, that feeling went away and I was happy.  Still scratch my head why Douglas didn't get another WR in his first draft. Especially after fading Robby.  And I was in the sign Robby camp FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...