Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

College Football Saturday

UNC has some hype. Notre Dame today. Trevor Lawrence tonight. Not a bad slate.

Almost a miraculous td catch by Arkansas State wr, but pi so they will probably score in a down or two.

2 potential upsets in the Big 12.

Louisiana up 10 at Iowa State and and Arkansas State up 7 at K State.  Both games in 4th quarter.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He looks incredible.

On a positive note ND Duke actually has the feel of a real football game. 

Confirmed.  Gators are a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

I'm surprised at the parity of competition today. Bad day for the Big12. Really missing the Big 10. Hope they vote to resume play.

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

Ga Tech ties it up with FSU with their rookie QB 

Very up and down night by him. Looks like he has oodles of talent but he's not seeing the field.

• Upvote 1

Lawrence makes every single throw look absolutely effortless.

• Like 1

Brian Breese (11) and Myles Murphy (98) on Clemson D line are true freshman.  They’re going to be absolute monsters.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RobR said:

Very up and down night by him. Looks like he has oodles of talent but he's not seeing the field.

Talent is definitely there. Kinda surprised at how opened up the offense is with him. Giving him a little trial by fire. At least hes throwing past the sticks. FSU, not so much lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Brian Breese (11) and Myles Murphy (98) on Clemson D line are true freshman.  They’re going to be absolute monsters.  

Thought we had Bresee just about locked up at one time.  but you guys won out in the end. The kid is gonna be really good.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Thought we had Bresee just about locked up at one time.  but you guys won out in the end. The kid is gonna be really good.  

I was surprised we landed both Breese and Murphy.  Breese stepped foot on campus at 6’5” 290lbs....Lol.  

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

Talent is definitely there. Kinda surprised at how opened up the offense is with him. Giving him a little trial by fire. At least hes throwing past the sticks. FSU, not so much lol

If GT had a better kicker this game is over. I love watching FSU lose.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Hell yes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Its not all on the kicker.  The guys in front of him can't block.  He had no chance on a couple of those kicks.

That Wake Forest QB is very good, but my goodness the rest of the team is not. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its not all on the kicker.  The guys in front of him can't block.  He had no chance on a couple of those kicks.

Doesn't matter now because FSU blew it. Game over

The Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina looking good, especially their QB.  

So I was watching games yesterday and one thing stuck out. I now have a good package of sports channels. And when I channel surfed I got games on some of them that it turned out were from years ago. And it wasn't always identified. You could tell by the players and an occasional graphic. You knew no Big Ten etc. Anyways, I love college football but like MLB this year not nearly the same. I kind of have more respect for schools that I think are doing more precautions for the kids and spectators. If we lose the season I'm OK with that better than losing lives. It's one year guys and gals and we can suck it up and adapt and be tougher. Not having many of our amenities is not such a big sacrifice. It's the least we can do when some people are risking their lives to help others.  

17 hours ago, Lith said:

Confirmed.  Gators are a dumpster fire.

lmfao.  First the Mets, now the only team other team I root for that has actually brought me joy in my life time.

Why cant this happen to the Jets or Knicks?

FWIW - FSU is the real dumpster fire and it's amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RobR said:

The Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina looking good, especially their QB.  

What a great weekend for the Sun Belt.  3 games against the Big 12, all on the road, all on national TV. and the Sun Belt goes 3-0.  

• Upvote 2

And I dont know what it is about Lawrence and I know he played just fine last night but I just dont see this "best QB since Luck" billing that he's getting.  Just not one bit.  Kid can play, he's clearly talented  but there just isnt anything I see when I watch him that makes me drool over his talent.  

Like, the stuff I watch Sam do and I'm completely draw dropped after, this kid could never dream of doing.   Now maybe he is a Manning behind the center but I just dont see this cant miss prospect out there. 

Anywho.  Football is back and it's great!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

And I dont know what it is about Lawrence and I know he played just fine last night but I just dont see this "best QB since Luck" billing that he's getting.  Just not one bit.  Kid can play, he's clearly talented  but there just isnt anything I see when I watch him that makes me drool over his talent.  

Like, the stuff I watch Sam do and I'm completely draw dropped after, this kid could never dream of doing.   Now maybe he is a Manning behind the center but I just dont see this cant miss prospect out there. 

I thnk part of the problem in judging Lawrence is that so many of his games are cakewalks.  He does not have to win tight games against good defenses week in and week out.  His teams are so much mroe talented than his opponents that most games, he has clean pockets and huge windows to throw to.

He may be great at the next level, but I would love to see him face more adversity -- more games like Ohio State last year where they fall behind early and he has to bring them back.  Clemson could use some legitimate challengers in the ACC,

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I tend to agree.   Part of it is that he his lanky and doesn’t look smooth.   He also doesn’t throw from different angles or has great touch on some of his passes.   He can rip it no doubt, but when it comes down to improvisation and having to get creative he’s not that special.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

I thnk part of the problem in judging Lawrence is that so many of his games are cakewalks.  He does not have to win tight games against good defenses week in and week out.  His teams are so much mroe talented than his opponents that most games, he has clean pockets and huge windows to throw to.

He may be great at the next level, but I would love to see him face more adversity -- more games like Ohio State last year where they fall behind early and he has to bring them back.  Clemson could use some legitimate challengers in the ACC,

That's a factor and maybe I cant get that LSU game out of my head but he was just awful and it's the first time I've really had to see him battle in a game.

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I tend to agree.   Part of it is that he his lanky and doesn’t look smooth.   He also doesn’t throw from different angles or has great touch on some of his passes.   He can rip it no doubt, but when it comes down to improvisation and having to get creative he’s not that special.  

For sure, he dosent look smooth at all.  And sometimes when he has to put that zip on it, his mechanics are just bad, it's like he has to put his entire body into the throw.  I've seen many passes from him that dont get there or worse in the NFL.

idk - I'm just not seeing this special talent.  Hell, as much as I hate him, I think even Baker had a little more to him than this guy.

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m going to assume you meant “jaw-dropped”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1