The hate on Darnold is bothersome to me

Alka

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I do not see much hate but I see a lot of doubt.   I think this doubt is premature, the talent he has had to work with and the coaching is atrocious.

My other feeling is that people that are salivating over Trevor Lawrence are way off base.

Bring in any  new young Qb with the jets as they are and he will have as tough a time if not more tough than darnold.

I do not have tons of patience for prospects as they have to show something really good early but with Darnold he needs more talent and better coaching.

ESPN Radio yesterday (around 5PM) had a host saying that Darnold was essentially "Teflon Sam" (he didn't use that expression but that's what he was trying to convey).  He said that if the Jets win week 1 that Sam will be praised but if we lose (or don't play well) then people will say "Sam doesn't have the weapons".  He was more or less saying that we've heard that for 2 years now and it sounded like he thinks Sam needs to be "on the hook" more (again, my expression but his meaning).

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

ESPN Radio yesterday (around 5PM) had a host saying that Darnold was essentially "Teflon Sam" (he didn't use that expression but that's what he was trying to convey).  He said that if the Jets win week 1 that Sam will be praised but if we lose (or don't play well) then people will say "Sam doesn't have the weapons".  He was more or less saying that we've heard that for 2 years now and it sounded like he thinks Sam needs to be "on the hook" more (again, my expression but his meaning).

ESPN is all giants and patriots fans.  They have people literally predicting the pats win the super bowl this season without brady

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DonMaynardFan said:

Why are you being so aggressive? I just asked a question.

Better question, why are you being so defensive?

If someone else caught it before doesnt change anything for Sam or the 2019 season, thats all. We dont even know how he caught it, its not only transmitted through relations.  

We hear what we want to hear or more importantly what we believe

Watching NFLN this morning and they're discussing who's better, has done a better job Darnold or Allen.  All the so called experts and ex players, Michael Irvin, Warner all said that you would think Allen from the outside because of the Bills having been better than the Jets but its Darnold who is the better QB.

SO the narrative is different than the "everybody" hates us theory that some fans see everywhere

• Sympathy 1