### NY Jets 2020 Season Opener vs Bills ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

With 2 practice squad call ups and 4 players out with injury, Jets will need to declare 3 players inactive to get to the 48 man game roster

It will be interesting to see who they are, probably a TE, a DL  and a LB. We'll see

I’m thinking Huff will be one of the inactive, danny brown could be another but I know Gase loves the guy.

• Upvote 1

I have no clue what to expect today.  Nothing to judge the team on so far except tweets from writers.  No way of knowing how our new OL looks with 4 new starters.  Banged up group of WRs with only 1 returning starter from last year.  Herndon coming back.  Sam with another year of experience.  3 new starters in the secondary.  Don't knwo where the pass rush will come from.  No idea what to expect from this group.

But its opening day.  A time for optimism.

Jets 24   Bills 20.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have no clue what to expect today.  Nothing to judge the team on so far except tweets from writers.  No way of knowing how our new OL looks with 4 new starters.  Banged up group of WRs with only 1 returning starter from last year.  Herndon coming back.  Sam with another year of experience.  3 new starters in the secondary.  Don't knwo where the pass rush will come from.  No idea what to expect from this group.

But its opening day.  A time for optimism.

Jets 24   Bills 20.

Idk-not since 2017 have I witnessed  a season in which the beat writers were so confident across the board that this team stinks. My expectations are tempered directly as a result.  Guys Iike Cimini, Costello, and Hughes have seen these guys play. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Idk-not since 2017 have I witnessed  a season in which the beat writers were so confident across the board that this team stinks. My expectations are tempered directly as a result.  Guys Iike Cimini, Costello, and Hughes have seen these guys play. 

Writers can say what they want to say.  Until I see the team myself, I am going to withhold judgement.  Maybe I will be right there with them at the end of the day.  I am usually as pessimistic as anyone given 50+ years of following this team.  But for now and at least until the game begins, I am holding out some hope that they can surprise.

The glass is half full.  For at least a few more hours.