### NY Jets 2020 Season Opener vs Bills ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, JetsLife said:

Gase = Paul Hackett. I've said it before. He only sees the field in 10-yard increments.

When have the Jets actually gotten a first down on first or second down with Gase? Has to be the lowest percentage in the league.

Truth. No grasp the idea is to score points. First downs are nice, but if you have to make 8 or 9 of them to score, you asking a lot. Every play is another chance for it to go bad. I also don't get had some nice push running on Becton's side and since got away from it. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its where Football is headed.

Chris Johnson will never live that one down. 

Dear God, please the Johnsons have an epiphany, become hands off and let Joe D call the shots. For if Joe D is a ruthless winner, we'll be straight. Jury is out on his ruthlessness tho.

13 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

the one thing about darnold is there is legitimately never a clean pocket for him to operate in.  I dont like alot of what I've seen from him today, the mistakes are dumb and his feet are a mess.  But i have to be fair in my evaluation too, the jets offensive line has been pretty rough so far.  Better than last season where we'd have given up 5 sacks already, but the pocket is nonexistent for Darnold in that first half.  

Yeah, it still leaves a lot to be desired but once again, none of our receiver get any separation.  Darnold is having to hit every one with some drapped all over them again, it's just the same old same old.  Meanwhile, the Bills are running screens to every part of the field, play actions, misdirections, boot legs, roll outs, it's night and day.  Gase runs an unimaginative offense for the wrong players.  They WR's arent going out there and beating Bills defenders.  They suck.  And the Bills are good with one of the best corners in the league.  It's soooo frustrating.