### NY Jets 2020 Season Opener vs Bills ### - The Official Game Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, Billsfan1212 said:

THAT is really what we are going with here? This was a sloppy game all the way around and there might be a couple more to get into form but thats kinda predictable.  From someone like you Id expect something better than the ol 'well my team didnt do well and we beat ourselves rather than you beating us'. Im not here for a victory lap, and fortunes can change so im not a rub it in your face kind of guy. I just expected something a little better honestly. I feel a little let down.

Beat a team that ends the season with a winning record and then I'll care what you have to say.

The Bills are a joke.  You almost lost the worst game the Jets have played in decades.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Beat a team that ends the season with a winning record and then I'll care what you have to say.

The Bills are a joke.  You almost lost the worst game the Jets have played in decades.

SAR I

From what I’ve read on this board for the past week, the biggest joke around here is you.

When the best comeback you have is “you almost lost” and the winning margin is still two scores, I just don’t know what to say.  This one was easy to call; I made over $500 on basic wagers knowing the disparity between these teams.  You’re the one who is “lucky” this wasn’t a ridiculously embarrassing 30+ point loss.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We’re welcome? Dude, nobody comes into the game & shows mercy on purpose lmao.

“okay, we’re up 21-0, I invited Gase over for dinner tonight, Miss these field goals & fumble the ball twice.”

Y’all won the game, no reason to make yourself look stupid by defending the turnovers & missed opportunities. I still don’t see a playoff team as of today. Kudo’s to Josh Allen for improving, Brandon Beane for being a good GM who got good talent for him to grow around (as well as some nasty defensive pieces) & props to McDermott for being a steady & solid coach. The Bills have got it right. I have no issue saying that about our divisional rival if I’m telling the truth...but dude..y’all made some really bad mistakes..playoff team in 2020? I’ll wait a few weeks. Still a little too early to beat on your chests 2020 AFC East champs lmao.

I don't come here to troll. I come here to have legitimate conversation. And then people like SAR show up. 

26 minutes ago, eball said:

From what I’ve read on this board for the past week, the biggest joke around here is you.

When the best comeback you have is “you almost lost” and the winning margin is still two scores, I just don’t know what to say.  This one was easy to call; I made over $500 on basic wagers knowing the disparity between these teams.  You’re the one who is “lucky” this wasn’t a ridiculously embarrassing 30+ point loss.

Cheers.

Welcome to Jetnation, Eball. Good luck trying to even have a discussion with the guy called SAR I. He is still adamant that the Jets actually won last year, week 1 against the Bills. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Normally I would agree with you.

This was an extremely bad Darnold performance today.  Completely unacceptable.  First time I've been disappointed in him and hold him entirely responsible for a loss.  This is as bad as it gets at QB.  It's Year 3.  The receivers, while not great, are much better than what he had last year.  The OL, did a good job for the most part.  He missed wide open WR's, he made bad decisions in throwing into tight coverage, and running the ball out of bounds for a loss?  That's just awful.

SAR I

This is the first time that I've heard you knock Darnold

So is Josh Allen better than Sam Darnold?

42 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

I don't come here to troll. I come here to have legitimate conversation. And then people like SAR show up. 

SAR has been around since before JetNation was even a thing. He’s been here since Jet Insider. He’s just a guy who tries to defend a team that can’t defend themselves. He’s a optimist to a fault & I admire that. He’s a die hard. 

Over look him.

I thought y’all played very well & were ready for the season. Gase? Well..he didn’t have us ready for a second of real football and most Jet fans knew it during Green/White scrimmage.. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I was on board with giving Gase a chance, but I’ve seen enough now. His only success in the NFL is being OC for a HOF QB who essentially called his own plays. The Fins fired him because he failed and we’ve now seen enough to call him a failure with the Jets.

To those blaming Darnold. He was bad in this game, but he’s looked good before, and unless you think Gase is a really good HC who is being held back by Darnold, the young man deserves a look while playing for a real NFL HC.

Joe Douglas is not going to fire his buddy who got him an $18M contract.  Gase prolly told Douglas Sam is too dumb to pick up the offense so rather than spend $$$ and draft capital on the supporting cast Darnold needed to succeed he said **** it, lets tank for Trevor.