Jets Make Mike White Backup QB for Week 1, Also add RB and WR

JetNation

Joe Douglas

Decimated by injuries, the Jets added a trio of players to their active roster for Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills to fill in some gaps.  First and foremost, quarterback Mike White was added to the roster to be Sam Darnold’s backup over Adam Gase favorite David Fales.  A good sign for Gase as he looks to be going with the better player over inferior player who “knows the system”.

#Jets add QB Mike White, WR Josh Malone and RB Josh Adams from the practice squad before season opener vs. #Bills.

More: https://t.co/8MtmU2Ehum pic.twitter.com/9Km7txSJnL

— Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73) September 12, 2020

The Jets also elevated running back Josh Adams and wide receiver Josh Malone to fill in where injuries have shelved multiple receivers and running back La’Mical Perine.

The post Jets Make Mike White Backup QB for Week 1, Also add RB and WR appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
bp79aKHssLQ

Click here to read the full story...

It's seems like Gase went by what he saw during practice and what was reported. That White was playing better than the other guys esp Fales. Gase does not seem like a guy I'd love to spend time with in person. I could be wrong on that maybe he's OK but just my take on him. But he looks like he can coach and has a good grasp on building a team. Right now I would stick with him and go with what he wants in his program. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It's seems like Gase went by what he saw during practice and what was reported. That White was playing better than the other guys esp Fales. Gase does not seem like a guy I'd love to spend time with in person. I could be wrong on that maybe he's OK but just my take on him. But he looks like he can coach and has a good grasp on building a team. Right now I would stick with him and go with what he wants in his program. 

Think you are wrong about that. Darnold said all the guys and people in the building really like Gase.