Michael Irvin talks about “Beautiful Row”

TuscanyTile2

A few years back, I stayed at a Meadowlands hotel after a Jets Thurs night game.  Had a meeting early in the next day, didn’t make sense to travel back to the island that night and commute early the next morning.  The whole NFLN crew was there at the bar.  Saw LT and a couple other guys, so decided to get a quick drink. Irvin comes running up to the bar, far from sober, all amped up, asks the bartender what kind of whiskey they had, says he will think about it and come back.  He comes back, asks again about the liquor menu, says let me check and will come back.  Comes back a 3rd time, asks again as he completely forgot.  Thereafter I hit the hay, but assume he asked several other times after that.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I worked in the stripclub business in south Florida for over 20 years. I have had a few experiences with certain people and certain things. 

Look, what happened behind that curtain that one fine evening before the Dolphins game was between me and that fine young lady college student paying her way through school whose parents named her Precious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Please tell me that this is true

The city was at one time of the biggest American dens of vice outside of New Orleans.  When prostitution was finally made illegal in the late 80's through state wide law, there was a Portland ordinance that didn't apply to ships so they used old stern wheelers as floating brothels.  Massive opium trade literally under the city's foundations... When I was growing up and going downtown with my family to buy candy and see movies, the "jack shacks" as we used to call them stretched across the entire hub of SW Portland.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Stumptown... more like Perv Town.