1st Half Thoughts - Josh Allen is who we thought he was. Unfortunately, the Jets are also.

jetstream23

Thoughts...

1. No passing game.  Off target passes and the ones that get to the WRs aren't being caught.  Chalk it up to whatever you want....WRs not practicing, no timing, decent Buffalo D.  Doesn't matter, the passing game is non-existent.

2. MISSING:  Pass rush.  Way too much time for Josh Allen.  Seems like poor Active roster planning with Cashman hurt.  Defense is stressed, CBs can't seem to hold coverage for 30 seconds (asking a lot of them).  D not making stops, especially on 3rd down.  Where is Q Williams other than getting one TFL followed by committing a penalty?

3. Special Teams - Braden Mann :thumbup:  Special Teams Tackling :bag:

In Summary, the Jets can't do anything on offense.  Josh Allen doing all he can to give the game away and the Jets not good enough to take it!

Without those 2 Turnovers by Allen this could be something like a 31-0 game.

On to the 2nd Half...

Josh Allen is who you thought he was?

33/46 for 312 yards and 2 TDs passing.
12 rushes for 59 yards and 1 TD.

Yes, he had a couple really bad throws and two dumb fumbles. Still, the scorn/mockery Josh gets from Jets fans is laughable to me. I've seen him called a "running back" multiple times on this forum.

If that's the case, then a running back just completed 33 passes for 312 yards and a 104.6 QB rating against your defense.

By the way, your QB ALSO turned the ball over today on a really dumb decision. He just didn't have the three scores to go with it, nor did he put his offense on his back and carry it today like Josh did.

Keep mocking, though.

Just now, JoshAllenSZN said:

Josh Allen is who you thought he was?

33/46 for 312 yards and 2 TDs passing.
12 rushes for 59 yards and 1 TD.

Yes, he had a couple really bad throws and two dumb fumbles. Still, the scorn/mockery Josh gets from Jets fans is laughable to me. I've seen him called a "running back" multiple times on this forum.

If that's the case, then a running back just completed 33 passes for 312 yards and a 104.6 QB rating against your defense.

By the way, your QB ALSO turned the ball over today on a really dumb decision. He just didn't have the three scores to go with it, nor did he put his offense on his back and carry it today like Josh did.

Keep mocking, though.

You be proud of that stat line all you want. Watching him tells an entirely different story

This game looked more or less like the previous 3 or 4 years of Jets football (going back to Bowles).  A lackluster offense.  A lackluster D, but that is also strangely tenacious and kinda lingers around and gets stops (often through blind luck).

Scores that are closer than the game feels...  A general lack of talent on both sides of the ball (lack of difference makers at the skill positions, lack of offensive line push), lack of a pass rush and a secondary that is okish but not great.  Of course the one positive is the very stout run D.

To me this looks like a team that is overachieving relative to their talent level and not vice-versa. 

20 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

You be proud of that stat line all you want. Watching him tells an entirely different story

The 71% completion percentage, the 104 QB rating, the three scores, and the scoreboard tell a pretty good story. 

To be fair, the full "Josh Allen Experience" was indeed on display today. He had two dumb fumbles and missed two TD throws. On the other hand, he made a few plays that very few guys in the league can make, he put his offense on his back and carried it, and he scored 21 first half points. 

What I see is an imperfect but improving quarterback who makes plays with his legs and arms but still has a ways to go to be elite.

What story do you feel Darnold's day told?