FIRE GASE

TNJet

We have seen Darnold play QB decently over the last two years.  We seen him hit receivers.  

The biggest fundamental knock on Darnold in my opinion is that he is a street ball QB who has not benefited from the 10 plus years of QB training that other QBs have.  He really needed a coach that would focus on the fundamentals.  

I could have coached Peyton in Denver.  

The biggest decision the Johnsons can make this year is whether to keep Gase.  An offense not sync’d up is not good on Gase.  So Gase is down 1 on coaching.   Next week he plays one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Darnold is on year 3 of a rookie QB contract.  he is not going anywhere.  the Johnsons are not paying $20mm+ for a FA QB.   They fire Gase and find someone else to coach Darnold and all the new draft picks.  If Darnold does not get it together he gets franchised and traded.  

• Upvote 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold played worse than he did at any time in his career.  If Sam played as he was coached and did successfully during the last 8 games of last season, we win this game going away.

This one is on Sam.  I wish it wasn't.  But it is.

SAR I

Sam did not have a good game but he also got zero help from anyone, Gase included.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold played worse than he did at any time in his career.  If Sam played as he was coached and did successfully during the last 8 games of last season, we win this game going away.

This one is on Sam.  I wish it wasn't.  But it is.

SAR I

Stop. Sam played basically the same as he did the last 5 games against the bottom feeders. Gase either is incapable of coaching up or Darnold was vastly overrated by scouting community. Right now I think gase needs to go. Should have not been brought back to see what we have with Sam. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

SAR I how can you defend Gase's offense today?

It’s not a time to question the head coach.  It’s a time to question the quarterback.  X’s and O’s didn’t lose the game.  The quarterback did.  At least on offense.  As for the defense, tackling would be a good start.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam did not have a good game but he also got zero help from anyone, Gase included.

Agreed. 

Last year I could buy the narrative that Darnold was still very young, was entering his third system in three years, and had an illness.  Perfectly plausible reasons for inconsistencies. 

Not today.  This was a bad game by a quarterback who should know not to throw off flat feet, not to throw across the middle from a sideline, and how to throw the ball away to avoid a loss.  This is high school sh*t.  This is on Darnold, not the staff. 

SAR I

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

Stop. Sam played basically the same as he did the last 5 games against the bottom feeders. Gase either is incapable of coaching up or Darnold was vastly overrated by scouting community. Right now I think gase needs to go. Should have not been brought back to see what we have with Sam. 

Everyone who leaves Gase gets better.  Tannehill, Drake, Landry 

Gase is toxic 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s not a time to question the head coach.  It’s a time to question the quarterback.  X’s and O’s didn’t lose the game.  The quarterback did.  At least on offense.  As for the defense, tackling would be a good start.  

SAR I

And who is charged with coaching the QB ??? Has it been forgotten that CJ went with Gase *SPCIFIFICALLY* for the development of Sam Darnold.

Gase has been, is and will continue to be a team killer.

He needs to go NOW.  JD has to do his job and fire Gase NOW while there is still something left of Darnold's career.

We need to see Darnold under a new HC.

• Upvote 2

Gase is a textbook loser.  His record as a HC says loser.  His game planning says loser.  His demeanor says loser.  His relationships with key players says loser.  Once the Jets finally jettison has loser arse, he will never be a HC in the NFL again.  However, there is still hope for Darnold.  We need a coach that will get the best out of Darnold and it's crystal clear that Gase isn't that coach.  If ownership has any vision and balls, they will dump Gase sooner rather than later.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Gase was terrific today.  Everyone else let him down.  As HC of the team, none of this is his fault.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase was terrific today.  Everyone else let him down.  As HC of the team, none of this is his fault.

Listen, everyone gets an F for yesterday.  But unlike last year, we have some new villains.  Let's look at each along with the popular forum narrative for each:

Adam Gase - "Horrible head coach"  Grade: F

Gregg Williams - "Defensive genius, thank God Gase has nothing to do with the Defense"  Grade: F

Dowell - "He's just Gase's puppet"  Grade: F

Darnold - "The Great Red Hope, our Franchise Quarterback and future Super Bowl MVP"  Grade: F

While it's close, if you ask me the D was worse than the O yesterday.  Huge chunk plays, massive PI calls, arm tackles, no adjustments to stop Diggs, ineffective spy to stop Allen.

As for the O, Gase calls the plays including the WR screen TD, but he doesn't design them or coach them, Loggains is probably not the guy though the halftime adjustments did lead to some better ball movement and scoring.  

At QB, completely unacceptable to have high school level footwork mistakes, judgement mistakes, delay of game mistakes, and forced throws from a guy who has been nurtured and pampered and given every benefit of every doubt here in his 3rd year.  Darnold spends more time with Jordan Palmer than he does with his own coaching staff, perhaps he needs a new offseason quarterback whisperer or a benching to wake him the **** up from his California Dreaming.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Listen, everyone gets an F for yesterday.  But unlike last year, we have some new villains.  Let's look at each along with the popular forum narrative for each:

Adam Gase - "Horrible head coach"  Grade: F

Gregg Williams - "Defensive genius, thank God Gase has nothing to do with the Defense"  Grade: F

Dowell - "He's just Gase's puppet"  Grade: F

Darnold - "The Great Red Hope, our Franchise Quarterback and future Super Bowl MVP"  Grade: F

While it's close, if you ask me the D was worse than the O yesterday.  Huge chunk plays, massive PI calls, arm tackles, no adjustments to stop Diggs, ineffective spy to stop Allen.

As for the O, Gase calls the plays including the WR screen TD, but he doesn't design them or coach them, Loggains is probably not the guy though the halftime adjustments did lead to some better ball movement and scoring.  

At QB, completely unacceptable to have high school level footwork mistakes, judgement mistakes, delay of game mistakes, and forced throws from a guy who has been nurtured and pampered and given every benefit of every doubt here in his 3rd year.  Darnold spends more time with Jordan Palmer than he does with his own coaching staff, perhaps he needs a new offseason quarterback whisperer or a benching to wake him the **** up from his California Dreaming.

SAR I

You are so wrong about Gase that it is astonishing.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Rhule, McCarthy and Riverboat. Those are three coaches the Jets could have hired this offseason but instead they stuck with Gases dumbass

McCarthy went for it with a chance to tie the game with a FG and called a 2 yard pass on a 4th and 3.  He's not a great play caller without Favre and Rodgers freelancing.  

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You are so wrong about Gase that it is astonishing.

First off, I am no Gase fan.  It's merely that Gase impressed me last year with his resiliency and his ability to improvise with a constantly changing and injured roster and that leads me to believe he has potential to be a good head coach for us.  Sam took steps forward against all odds, with disease, with a bad OL, and with weak WR's.  The D played well through injuries and missing its best player.  The team was motivated and cohesive, the weed culture was changed to one with a strong work ethic.

I would like to believe that yesterday was an opening week anomaly and, like after last year's brutal losses to the Dolphins and Bengals, the following week the team comes out and is coached well, plays well, and wins.  Frankly, I'm less concerned about Gase and the offense and more concerned about Gregg and the defense.  The O had a completely new OL and WR's, one could expect some hiccups without exhibition games.  The D has no such excuse.  We didn't have Mosley last year and Maye did a good job impersonating Jamal.  The penalties, sloppy tackling, inability to contain Allen's scrambling, that is a much bigger worry.

SAR I