I dont blame Darnold whatsoever

Team archer

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m one of the biggest darnold supporters. Today was not his day. He needs to get better. Play calling needs to get better. Everything. We got the 9ers next week, better defense than the bills. I can’t imagine it gets much better. 

49ers third string defense licking their chops!

Poor offensive play design does is not helping this team. Darnold should have some easy passes to make - there should be some plays designed that have huge success rates - but not with the Jets. I put plenty of blame on Darnold but more on Gase. Gase needs to have more misdirection and variety with his plays. He needs to have the opposing defense on their heels not knowing what to expect. Gase is narrow minded and has little imagination.

30 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

I'm fresh out of mulligans.

It was bad. No doubt. But it's one game and the entire team came out unprepared. 

For as much as I see people saying he was inaccurate, and he certainly was on some throws, I also saw several plays where it was clear his receivers didn't finish routes as be expected and several where they just dropped or didn't make a play on a ball. 

He has to get better from here, I think he will. 

39 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m one of the biggest darnold supporters. Today was not his day. He needs to get better. Play calling needs to get better. Everything. We got the 9ers next week, better defense than the bills. I can’t imagine it gets much better. 

I’m with you. I love Darnold. But he played awful.

Taking a sack instead of throwing it away.
Cross body, cross field throw up for grabs. Delay of game after a stoppage in play.

Year 3 now. That stuff just can’t happen and even I cannot defend it.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

I’m with you. I love Darnold. But he played awful.

Taking a sack instead of throwing it away.
Cross body, cross field throw up for grabs. Delay of game after a stoppage in play.

Year 3 now. That stuff just can’t happen and even I cannot defend it.

The kind of fan I am I still hope he can improve. Have to have faith in something. I think he has the talent, needs to put it all together mentally. And like I said play calling was atrocious, skill position guys didn’t do him any favors. Just a combination of crap

26 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Poor offensive play design does is not helping this team. Darnold should have some easy passes to make - there should be some plays designed that have huge success rates - but not with the Jets. I put plenty of blame on Darnold but more on Gase. Gase needs to have more misdirection and variety with his plays. He needs to have the opposing defense on their heels not knowing what to expect. Gase is narrow minded and has little imagination.

Yup. 1000%. 

Darnold is essentially set up to fail. 

I've been drinking the Darnold kool aid since day one, but despite a bad HC and a bad surrounding cast, at some point he does have to prove that he can be a consistent QB and elevate the team around him, no matter who the personnel is.  He's done that here and there for two years, but he has to prove it over an entire season.  The organization will give him the duration of his rookie contract to prove he's the man before they move on.  Gase, on the other hand, deserves a much shorter leash.  Another crappy year out of him in 2020 and he should be gone.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

The kind of fan I am I still hope he can improve. Have to have faith in something. I think he has the talent, needs to put it all together mentally. And like I said play calling was atrocious, skill position guys didn’t do him any favors. Just a combination of crap

I am hoping he improves as well. I’m willing to give him an entire season to see what he can do.

Obviously there is 15 more games to evaluate Darnold, but it’s hard to imagine it getting much better based on what we saw today. If Lawrence is on the board he’s the guy, but still think that’s a long shot.

Even if the Jets draft a rookie should Sam be that bridge QB? Or do you bring in a veteran?

3 hours ago, Icer said:

still makes the same dumb mistakes he always has. Throwing off his back foot, across his body just cant happen anymore

This is my biggest issue. He isn’t progressing with experience like he should. That’s the entire reason people still have hope in him. Because he does shows flashes and he does look legit at times.. it’s comin to a point where flashes aren’t good enough.

4 hours ago, Team archer said:

I would then ask do you have NFL coaching experience.

So...no one can comment unless it's saying good stuff. Do you have NFL coaching experience? If no then who are you to say that changes should NOT be made. Why does this board even exist?