Jump to content
Team archer

I dont blame Darnold whatsoever

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m one of the biggest darnold supporters. Today was not his day. He needs to get better. Play calling needs to get better. Everything. We got the 9ers next week, better defense than the bills. I can’t imagine it gets much better. 

49ers third string defense licking their chops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

What? He missed a sh*t ton of throws today on guys that were wide open. On top of bone headed mistakes that rookies make.

Absolutely! He sucked! Big time- missed throws all day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor offensive play design does is not helping this team. Darnold should have some easy passes to make - there should be some plays designed that have huge success rates - but not with the Jets. I put plenty of blame on Darnold but more on Gase. Gase needs to have more misdirection and variety with his plays. He needs to have the opposing defense on their heels not knowing what to expect. Gase is narrow minded and has little imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Hes doing everything he can with this trash offense. No qb can do anything with this. Every mistake he makes is because hes trying to make plays and hes looking dumb because of it. No talent on offense whatsoever. Trash recievers, bell is only trash because the line is bad and a work in progress. What else is sam suppose to do.

I'm fresh out of mulligans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Darnold didn’t play well. He missed open receivers. The OL gave him enough time. He didn’t step up. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was bad. No doubt. But it's one game and the entire team came out unprepared. 

For as much as I see people saying he was inaccurate, and he certainly was on some throws, I also saw several plays where it was clear his receivers didn't finish routes as be expected and several where they just dropped or didn't make a play on a ball. 

He has to get better from here, I think he will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll give him the season, because I like him. That said, missing wide open WRs is his fault. 

Blame isn’t binary. It can be Sam + other things, namely Gase.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of confidence in Sam Darnold.

But he did not play well today.

The line was OK in the circumstances, the receivers were disappointing, but Darnold was poor.

Hope for better next week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for you guys, you have a legit shot to draft Trevor Lawrence next year. I am rooting for you to win enough meaninglesa games but you have a good head start on the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I’m one of the biggest darnold supporters. Today was not his day. He needs to get better. Play calling needs to get better. Everything. We got the 9ers next week, better defense than the bills. I can’t imagine it gets much better. 

I’m with you. I love Darnold. But he played awful.

Taking a sack instead of throwing it away.
Cross body, cross field throw up for grabs. Delay of game after a stoppage in play.

Year 3 now. That stuff just can’t happen and even I cannot defend it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KINGDIRK said:

I’m with you. I love Darnold. But he played awful.

Taking a sack instead of throwing it away.
Cross body, cross field throw up for grabs. Delay of game after a stoppage in play.

Year 3 now. That stuff just can’t happen and even I cannot defend it.

The kind of fan I am I still hope he can improve. Have to have faith in something. I think he has the talent, needs to put it all together mentally. And like I said play calling was atrocious, skill position guys didn’t do him any favors. Just a combination of crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Poor offensive play design does is not helping this team. Darnold should have some easy passes to make - there should be some plays designed that have huge success rates - but not with the Jets. I put plenty of blame on Darnold but more on Gase. Gase needs to have more misdirection and variety with his plays. He needs to have the opposing defense on their heels not knowing what to expect. Gase is narrow minded and has little imagination.

Yup. 1000%. 

Darnold is essentially set up to fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been drinking the Darnold kool aid since day one, but despite a bad HC and a bad surrounding cast, at some point he does have to prove that he can be a consistent QB and elevate the team around him, no matter who the personnel is.  He's done that here and there for two years, but he has to prove it over an entire season.  The organization will give him the duration of his rookie contract to prove he's the man before they move on.  Gase, on the other hand, deserves a much shorter leash.  Another crappy year out of him in 2020 and he should be gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Good news for you guys, you have a legit shot to draft Trevor Lawrence next year. I am rooting for you to win enough meaninglesa games but you have a good head start on the Jags.

🖕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

The kind of fan I am I still hope he can improve. Have to have faith in something. I think he has the talent, needs to put it all together mentally. And like I said play calling was atrocious, skill position guys didn’t do him any favors. Just a combination of crap

I am hoping he improves as well. I’m willing to give him an entire season to see what he can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofcourse he does that’s when we throw Gase’s playcalls out the window and just improvise 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, yvj said:

Will Gase be able to recognize this?

No! He's got his head in the sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously there is 15 more games to evaluate Darnold, but it’s hard to imagine it getting much better based on what we saw today. If Lawrence is on the board he’s the guy, but still think that’s a long shot.

Even if the Jets draft a rookie should Sam be that bridge QB? Or do you bring in a veteran?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should still end up being Darnold, but he needs at minimum to have some legitimate competition for the job barring an enormous turnaround this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Should still end up being Darnold, but he needs at minimum to have some legitimate competition for the job barring an enormous turnaround this season.

If he plays like he did today all season you want him back next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icer said:

still makes the same dumb mistakes he always has. Throwing off his back foot, across his body just cant happen anymore

This is my biggest issue. He isn’t progressing with experience like he should. That’s the entire reason people still have hope in him. Because he does shows flashes and he does look legit at times.. it’s comin to a point where flashes aren’t good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not good at quarterbacking.  Sorry.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been pretty generous to Sam in the past because he had no protection, but he was flat out bad today and the protection wasn’t the problem.  Very inaccurate.  If this inaccuracy carries over into next week we need to be worried 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I blame the following .. in order...

Adam Gase
Sam Darnold
Mike McCagnan
Joe Douglas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I’d put Idzik after Mac and before JD

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsFanBurner said:

Good news for you guys, you have a legit shot to draft Trevor Lawrence next year. I am rooting for you to win enough meaninglesa games but you have a good head start on the Jags.

Go fuuuck yourself. We will beat your ass next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Team archer said:

I would then ask do you have NFL coaching experience.

So...no one can comment unless it's saying good stuff. Do you have NFL coaching experience? If no then who are you to say that changes should NOT be made. Why does this board even exist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...