Let's give Josh Allen credit

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

COMP/ATT 33/46

PASS YDS 312

RUSH YDS 59

PASS TD/INT 2/0

2-YD RUSH TD

2 FUMBLES

He looked like a quarterback you can build around. I was wrong. If he ever gets those fumbles under control watch out. 

when you play against a team with no pass rush and below average DB's except for Maye (yes, McDougald is below average from what I saw today) it's  easy to look good. 

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

COMP/ATT 33/46

PASS YDS 312

RUSH YDS 59

PASS TD/INT 2/0

2-YD RUSH TD

2 FUMBLES

He looked like a quarterback you can build around. I was wrong. If he ever gets those fumbles under control watch out. 

Looks like a roster you can plug a guy into and if he doesn’t blow it you win 

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Would Josh Allen hit 35% of his passes with Gase as his play caller? Buffalo’s misdirection and play calling worked against our defense all day long.

Allen has significantly better coaching and better supporting cast.  I was never an Allen hater I even supported drafting him before the trade up.  

we really should have taken more stock into how he did in that senior bowl he dominated

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I wanted the NY Jets to draft Josh Allen QB I posted it many times. 

I also wanted them to sign Cam Newton. 

To be fair a lot of the Allen hatred on this board stemmed from Hackenberg and Petty both being such unmitigated busts.  Hack and Petty were big athletic guys who couldn’t read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a football so a lot of posters figured Allen was the same player

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

To be fair a lot of the Allen hatred on this board stemmed from Hackenberg and Petty both being such unmitigated busts.  Hack and Petty were big athletic guys who couldn’t read a defense or hit the broad side of a barn with a football so a lot of posters figured Allen was the same player

Good point.

I'm just a Bills fan who came over to browse for a few days prior to the game so I'll make these comments and be on my way (until the rematch).

Josh Allen will always be a polarizing QB in the NFL because there were so many pre-draft evaluations at both extremes.  He was an undeniably raw QB coming into the league and I bet most fans don't know that.  He's still learning the position.  But the stats geeks looked at his college production and concluded he was inaccurate and would be a bust.  He has worked extremely hard and yes, the Bills have surrounded him with some great pieces.  It's impossible to ignore that yesterday the Bills actually implemented a gameplan that put the ball in Allen's hands 60 times -- 46 pass attempts and 14 rushes.  They not only weren't afraid he'd lose the game, they trusted him to win it.  He audibled to the WR screen to Brown for their TD.  He distributed the ball to eight different receivers.  He's growing, and if he continues to improve at this pace he's going to soon be a superstar in the league.

I feel sorry for Darnold because he hasn't been put in a similar position to succeed.  The funny thing is, Sam and Josh are pretty tight and I wonder what they talk about.

Anyway, thanks to some of you for the kind words about Josh and while I can't say I wish you good luck, I can say that as a Bills fan from 2000-2017 I certainly understand and appreciate your suffering.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1