Sign in to follow this  
playtowinthegame

Scale of 1 to 10 what is your confidence level in Darnold?

I still have faith in Sam.  It took Eli almost 4 years.  Sam is still younger than Burrow.  I'm not saying it's a slam dunk that he'll be good but I'm not jumping off the ship (at least yet).  It's certainly fair to criticize him but I still have faith in the guy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It's pretty low but I'm trying to be real and just simply remember it's week 1 playing behind an entirely new OL with nothing but scrubs really around him.  He missed plays, they dropped balls, the OL missed blocks, there was just a little bit of everything but man, that was ugly.

4 - I'll go with 4.  He's adjusting to a lot of new pieces and no preseason games.  Josh Allen has a lot more stability around him and they added Diggs who is awesome and Moss looks like he's going to be a player as well.  Just drastic differences in development and structure of those 2 young QB's.

Plus Buffalo has a much better HC than we do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

This is why I keep saying that Gase might be out of here pretty quickly. 

That's going to be a serious ass-whooping. We could get shutout. I really think Gase will have a hard time surviving the following week. 

Gase is getting the whole year. Firing a HC mid-season is somewhat uncommon and it very rarely happens early in a season.  And I can't think of a case where a mid-season replacement HC ever led a team to the post-season.

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

It's funny you mention Eli because I was thinking of him after today's game. I remembered people writing off Eli in 2007 before they went on the SB run. I looked up Eli's year 3 game log: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/2006

There are some dogsh!t performances in there. 28.1 passer rating, 41.2 passer rating, yeesh!

And Eli threw off his back foot all the time.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I am still high on darnold he has reminded me of favre in his short career in that most games he is pretty decent and sometimes he just lays an egg but when he is good he is really good and sometimes you just gotta deal with the bad. I know that egg he laid last night left a sour taste in our mouths but let's not forget how he finished up last season. I don't know if he is our long term answer but my suspicion is that he bounces back from that ugly loss and looks better in the games to come. I think even if we got the first overall pick next year we would be better off selling it to the highest bidder and really building around darnold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

If we stink enough to get the #1 overall pick then I say we take Trevor Lawrence, since he is a better prospect than Sam (that's absolutely no knock on Sam btw).  I don't expect the Jets to be anywhere near that bad this year though (despite yesterday's abomination).  I'm with you that Sam will bounce back and play much better than he did yesterday.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company