Scale of 1 to 10 what is your confidence level in Darnold?

presently about a 5 -- but that's relative to the situation. If he was starting for ravens or steelers, he'd have been to a probowl already.

This team sucks. The coach sucks. the owner's a fcking moron for Hiring Gase and then creating this division of power btw GMvsHC

Jets are the worst. 

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Kyler Murray with Hopkins, fitz, Christian Kirk and every other weapon they have are being held to 10 points at halftime vs the 49ers. Next week is going to be worse than today, lets prepare ourselves mentally. 

This is why I keep saying that Gase might be out of here pretty quickly. 

That's going to be a serious ass-whooping. We could get shutout. I really think Gase will have a hard time surviving the following week. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam still has nobody to throw to that is going to make him be a next level QB. What is amazing Perriman  has blazing speed but I never saw him get separation.  I never saw any of the Jets recievers get seperation. Even Crowder's TD was in traffic.

Darnold missed several open WRs today and Crowder had like 3 drops. 

I really like the guy and I so badly want him to be good but my confidence in him right now is at a 2-3. When he throws the ball I just don't feel like it's going to be completed like I do when i watch other QB's. Also this might just be me but it seems like Darnold doesn't have the same zip on the ball as other guys. I don't see him throwing 20 yard fastballs like Brees does.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That's going to be a serious ass-whooping. We could get shutout. I really think Gase will have a hard time surviving the following week. 

Gase is getting the whole year. Firing a HC mid-season is somewhat uncommon and it very rarely happens early in a season.  And I can't think of a case where a mid-season replacement HC ever led a team to the post-season.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase is getting the whole year. Firing a HC mid-season is somewhat uncommon and it very rarely happens early in a season.  And I can't think of a case where a mid-season replacement HC ever led a team to the post-season.

Maybe, but I can think of several examples in recent years, so it does happen and I legitimately think the media scrutiny over how bad Gase's offenses have been could get bad enough to make it happen. 

You are correct though, it basically never happens in the first quarter of the season. 

Regardless, I just think there is a lot of potential for things to get incredibly ugly this year. We have a brutal schedule and a brutal offense (possibly the worst in the league?) in Darnold's pivotal 3rd year. It's going to be embarrassing and painstaking and I could see Gase getting hammered into submission. 

4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You Just don't see the It factor, he always looks scared, never comfortable under center

I pretty much agree.  Much has changed.

In college he looked poised and confident no matter the situation, now in his 3rd season after and with Todd Bowles, Adam Gase and his little flunky King of Queens guy (both who never even played ball, but the Johnson’s brought them in to take Darnold’s game to new heights), I think he is close to being wrecked.  Just horrific coaching and today you saw EVERY Unit of the NY Jets looking totally totally unprepared and not even like a pro team.

Now Darnold is about to participate in an epic beatdown at the hands of San Francisco next week.  The PTSD will get more severe.

Season is over before it even started.  A recurring theme in Jetland 

I think they’ve ruined Darnold and I have been one of his biggest supporters.  I was disgusted by the delay of game penalty and the running out of bounds for a loss instead of just throwing the bail away....his mind has checked out.

Nothing gets better until the Johnson’s sell.  Therefore nothing will get better.

The NY Jets are NOT an NFL team.

• Post of the Week 1

Every year I say that you have to wait 4 weeks before you make any judgments and this year that is especially true 

But

hes making the same mistakes that were his knocks coming out of USC

a few hours after that performance I’m going to try to keep it real but probably 3

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Totally agree.  Their schedule, hideous roster, and terrible coaches, outside of Gregg Williams, foretell furious beatdown after furious beatdown.

The idiot Johnsons are not going to be able to hide from this.  If they do the NFL might force their hand simply because of what the Jets do to the NFL brand.  Even The Washington Football Team and Snyder have a rosier future than the Jets haha.  Gase and his little flunky will have to be fired in-season.

i can’t see how the Jets avoid a shut out next week.  I’m unsure if they even cross the 50 yard line more than once.

If Bell can’t go at least they have a close to 40 year old RB to step in.  What a horrific organization.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jordan Palmer had me at a 10, but now I'm sitting around 4. 

Does Jordan Palmer ever actually Up ANY QBs game?  I’m not trying disparage the guy because I just don’t know.

I know he’s Carson Palmer’s brother and I think  he worked with Hackenberg.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.

about a 4.  I believe the Jets David Carr'd Sam and the damage is done already.  He looks worse than he did his rookie year.  On top of that the Jets have zero talent at WR/TE and their offensive line looked about as bad as it was last year so no wonder why the whole offense stinks.  We sh*t away his rookie deal anyway its probably time to move on hopefully with lessons learned by the Jets (who am I kidding).

At this point I'm hoping either Sam can somehow make this ship of scrubs better or he totally sucks.  I don't want ride on another Pennington wave of sub-mediocrity for the next 5+ years.

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Does Jordan Palmer ever actually Up ANY QBs game?  I’m not trying disparage the guy because I just don’t know.

I know he’s Carson Palmer’s brother and I think  he worked with Hackenberg.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.

I don't know, Allen looks pretty good. 

In one of the Jets' You Tube videos, Palmer was saying that Sam is going to be one of the best players in the NFL.  

He had me at hello.