Darnold, Geno, Sanchez-What are the Jets doing wrong?

GreekJet

What’s fascinating to me is that it’s like watching the same player with three different names on the jersey. 

Interesting how all three players were week 1 starters as rookies and never really improved as players. 

Does the organization/coaching deserve some blame? Or is it all the on the player?

Not surrounding them with weapons. You have ti actually invest in that QB and put them in the best possible position. When Mark had great players around him is when he actually looked like he might be something.

Our WR and RB are an absolute joke. I said before the season started this offense is looking like genos first 2 seasons. And it is. 

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

It probably doesn't help we drafted a qb with a big red flag for turnovers. To be on the side of fairness here buffalo does have a legit defense this season and even though I don't think we will be a good team this year I am hopeful that we put this embarassment behind us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Has a QB that had turn over issues in college ever not continued to have them in the NFL?

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

So I recorded the game and played it back. I thought we played badly but after seeing it again, I was wrong.

They played like absolute trash. Bad tackling, bad blocking, bad passing, bad catching. The punter has a future though.

they looked unprepared in all phases.  the drops in the first quarter were particularly frustrating because it was clear darnold needed a spark.

The Jets first round draft picks on the offensive side of the ball since 2000:

QB: Chad Pennington (2000), Mark Sanchez (2009), Sam Darnold (2018)

WR: Santana Moss (2001)

TE: Dustin Keller (2008)

OL: D’Brickashaw Ferguson (2006), Nick Mangold (2006), Mekhi Becton (2020)

So that’s 21 drafts, eight offensive first round picks, five non-quarterback offensive first round picks - and if you make it 2010 instead it’s two and one respectively.

Just now, derp said:

The Jets first round draft picks on the offensive side of the ball since 2000:

QB: Chad Pennington (2000), Mark Sanchez (2009), Sam Darnold (2018)

WR: Santana Moss (2001)

TE: Dustin Keller (2008)

OL: D’Brickashaw Ferguson (2006), Nick Mangold (2006), Mekhi Becton (2020)

So that’s 21 drafts, eight offensive first round picks, five non-quarterback offensive first round picks - and if you make it 2010 instead it’s two and one respectively.

look at the rbs/wrs/tes today - only herndon was drafted by the team.  bell, gore, crowder, perriman and hogan were all imported.  the jets do not develop offensive skill positions, which helps explain why there's always trouble getting everyone on the same page, as crowder said today.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez : Immature and then they took away Edwards and Cotch and replaced them with Mason and Plaxico. The Ravens game in 2011 was the beginning of the end, followed by Holmes going psycho in the Miami, Tebow and of course the butt fumble.

Smith: Just flat out immature. Never developed into nothing more than a backup

Darnold: Still have hope for the guy. Give the O-Line to gel and get Mims in there I think he will be fine. I would get rid of Gase before I would start looking for a new QB

• Upvote 1

It isn't hard to figure out that the reason Jets QBs don't develop is that the Jets haven't tried to put a real offense around them. They've had defensive head coaches for which the offense more a bother than a concern and this is the first time in a long time the Jets invested in any premium draft capital on offense and clearly they could have spent more on offense.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

look at the rbs/wrs/tes today - only herndon was drafted by the team.  bell, gore, crowder, perriman and hogan were all imported.  the jets do not develop offensive skill positions, which helps explain why there's always trouble getting everyone on the same page, as crowder said today.

So many of us have been screaming this for years, but the franchise has been in la la land. 10 straight years of Rex/Tanny/Idzik + Bowles/Mac was a disaster for this franchise. 

We have to hope that Douglas understands all of this and really takes it to heart. 

30 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s been no sincere investment in the offense. It’s halfassed second round draft picks - literally zero of which have worked out thus far - a little lightning in a bottle from veteran trades, and medium to big money free agent signings that largely haven’t worked out.

Partially a consequence of basically two decades of defensive coaches. But there’s just no effort to have a good offense. Last one was Chan Gailey?

Its gross when you go down a couple scores early and it seems insurmountable. Defense needs to be nearly perfect.