I Wanted McCarthy so Bad...

TNJet

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Last year and I literally shouted out loud, "What!??" When they hired Gase. Nearly shyt my pants in sadness. Looks like l was right rhis ciach is as bad as any we've ever had including Bowles and Kotite.

How Gase won them over is baffling.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

How Gase won them over is baffling.

I have one major problem with Adam Gase where in the hell are the screens and short passes to Leveon Bell ? I mean where in the hell are any screens or short passes at all when the pressure is dialed up ? if you can't deal with pressure you don't dial up slow developing plays you get the ball out quick and play at a fast pace to keep the defense honest and we did not do that once today other than a few screens late in the game when it was already too late. Those crappy predictable WR screens simply don't count because the Bills read every damn one of them.

• Upvote 2

They need to go out and get either a young offensive guru or go out and throw big money at a big name guy with a track record. I'm not sure who that guy is though. I prefer getting a proven winner in here to bring stability and credibility to the franchise but once again, the way the Jets operate, that's probably not fair to their GM Joe D. 

This is always the problem with this franchise. They never do things properly. 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I have one major problem with Adam Gase where in the hell are the screens and short passes to Leveon Bell ? I mean where in the hell are any screens or short passes at all when the pressure is dialed up ? if you can't deal with pressure you don't dial up slow developing plays you get the ball out quick and play at a fast pace to keep the defense honest and we did not do that once today other than a few screens late in the game when it was already too late. Those crappy predictable WR screens simply don't count because the Bills read every damn one of them.

There's two ways to move the ball on the Bills..run the ball up the gut and short passes. Gase doesn't have gameplans...he has one gameplan and rolls it out week after week. 

• Upvote 1

Note, I have NEVER been so pessimistic so completely from the first second that Gase absolutely unequivocally sucked giant moose balls, he had no shot, zero, the whole thing is as surreal as 2020 the overall year has been. In what ******* world do you even listen to this guy talk for 20 seconds and not get the automatic jist he’s a total ******* loser. 

k, that sounded passionate but I’m good and back to not giving a **** less. It was like a shot of care, but I don’t really. Go Titans!!

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Passing on Mcarthy and Rhule and Kingsbury for Gase is a crime. Can’t wait to see how we F it up next time. 

hopefully next time Its purely Joe Douglas making the call keep those hard headed idiot Johnsons the hell out of the equasion because they have no clue when it comes to choosing a HC

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think McCarthy would have been better..almost anyone would have been better than Gase, but I wasn't excited about the prospect of McCarthy either. 

I watch most of the Packers games and believe me McCarthy was not that good of a HC he made some real bone headed calls at times he was a product of Aaron Rogers and a good defense ...once the defense went away so did the Packers. Now that the Defense is back as is the running game look at the Packers

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

dude is WASHED

no burst

competent hands, yes

Levon never had burst (he was always a patient runner) he had great vision just like Arian Foster ...he could make gains out of nothing but he was never super fast so I'm not sure where Jets fans are getting this from.

Hes the same guy he always was, we are not using him right and its obvious. Also he was never a great runner never a 1500 yard back he was always more dangerous catching short passes in space and making things happen with his amazing vision. Hes always been the same guy, you just have to feed him the ball and throw at LEAST 5-8 passes to him each game just like the Steelers did. Its indisputable he was always a better receiver than a runner

I fully expect all the guys who loved the Gase hire to start backing off on it if this year continues as is.  Soon it'll be "well, I wasn't really a fan of the hire" and later "I was against that totally!", when in truth they loved the hire when it happened.  Some old same old, round and round we go.

Same will happen to Darnold too if he doesn't materially improve.  All the neg-repping how-dare-you-question-Darnold posters will suddenly be "I knew from the start that guy was a bust" posters.  Funny how that happens every single time....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No.

Absolutely he does. He understands offense in 2020 unlike what they said about Gase. I understand Reid calls the plays & Eric dials it in for Pat but he’s seen what works, he’s seen how his coach adjusts at halftime, he’s been around things that work so well in the modern NFL. I think it’s his time.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Same will happen to Darnold too if he doesn't materially improve.  All the neg-repping how-dare-you-question-Darnold posters will suddenly be "I knew from the start that guy was a bust" posters.  Funny how that happens every single time....

Let me be the first to do things the correct way.

I was wrong about Darnold.