AL047

Who would you hire???

Tom Brady. Give him a chance to stick it to Belichick. Might as well go full WWE at this point.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pcola said:

We need a HC that can develop talent.  With all the draft capital we have, we have got to get production out of these picks.

As much faith as I have in Douglass, how in the hell is our entire draft injured?  

Why do you have so much faith in Douglas? He's a first-time GM--one of the more difficult jobs to do well--hired by one of the worst owner in sports' brother.

I just don't see it.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because in this instance, Douglas wasn't truly a Johnson hire.  He was essentially a Gase hire.  If nothing else, Gase has some understanding of "big picture" stuff when it comes to personnel.  That gives me a lot more hope than if he'd been a pure Johnson hire.

Meanwhile, Douglas is highly respected in NFL circles, unlike our previous GM's (especially Maccagnan).  And his first draft class at the least seemed to have strong logic behind each of the picks.  He valued athleticism and premium positions with his picks.  And Becton certainly already looks like he might be a "hit", and an emphatic one at that. 

Meanwhile, he's also made good trades (Jamal and Leonard Williams were fleece-jobs, plus he traded down multiple times, and won those deals according to the "value chart"; Macc and Tannenbaum pretty much never traded down).  Everything he does seems to have Ozzie Newsome-like tendencies written all over them.  That gives me hope.  

What choice do we have but to trust Douglas?  If he fails then the next hire will be made by purely by the Johnson's, which they will of course screw up in a major way.  It's Douglas or bust until the Johnson's sell the team.

I can hope JD is a success—and I do—but trust is earned. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course.  Just providing an answer to your request:   Reasons why people trust him.  Those are the ones I have so far.  

For the first time, the Johnsons actually hired someone I believe a reasonably smart Jets fan might have hired. So that’s a good step, at least. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joejet said:

I don’t know Fleck but Roman has proven that he is capable of running an effective nfl offense with different styles of QBs.

Roman would be an excellent hire. Would be nice to get an actual, respected offensive mind in here. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we hire him, can we refer to his assistants as "The Flecktones"?

Only if we change the team name to the Pterodactyls

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Got my fingers crossed the Ravens connection with Douglas still holds strong haha

There's gonna be a lot of competition for Roman this off season...... And Ravens are likely to make a deep playoff run so won't be able to talk to him until late Jan/early Feb.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, adb280z said:

Williams is a discount version of Rex Ryan.  He is not the answer.

When option A is Adam Gase, I cannot imagine a question that Williams is not the answer to.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was fired for completely BS reasons.  Rex made him a scapegoat, firing him in September of 2016 after a 37-31 loss to the Jets.  Yeah, the offense was really the problem there, lol.

Meanwhile he made Tyrod Taylor look like a more than competent starter his 1 year+ there.  Taylor was QB8 in 2015, per DVOA.

Rex—like all coaches who have worked under Woody—got that hot bus toss game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

Interim 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company