Who would you hire???

AL047

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

This is why you fire Gase NOW

Give Williams a shot as the interim HC. If the jets don’t improve move on next offseason 

I wouldn't mind Greg Williams but whose gonna run the offense - that little troll that is supposedly our offensive coordinator? We would probably need a whole new offensive staff immediately after a few games - kinda tough to get that done. 

7 hours ago, AL047 said:

Everyone here again wanting Gase to be fired!!!!

Here's a question for all of you here; Who would you hire to coach this team??? Remember all the good coaches are either retired or have long contracts with winning organizations??? Who would you hire???? Remember this coach is inheriting Darnold and the rest of the funky bunch!!!!

Can at least go for a moderate upgrade and see what Kotite is up to if throwing a bunch of money at David Shaw won't work.

I'd give Bieniemy a look.  He'll be a hot number this offseason and might not even take the call.    Robert Saleh might be a good one to look at (esp. as his defense kicks our ass next weekend.)  In College I don't see anybody really interested in leaving or at a smaller school like Rhule with the pro resume to move on.  There's Harbaugh.  But def think he's overrated and not sure if we need another "unique mind" after Rexc's tenure.  If Chris Johnson hit's "____ it" though, Harbaugh may seem like a good option.  I still think Chris Petersen might be a good option because he's smart enough and adaptable enough to go to the pro game. And his former QB Kellen Moore would make a decent OC if McCarthy bombs out in Dallas.

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bienemy is the guy. Jets will screw this up though.

I could see the Jets being the team to succumb to the pressure for Bienemy to finally get his chance. He's had a bunch of interviews. If he was a good HC candidate he would have been hired imo. I'd rather go with Brant Boyer and let him be the actual HC. Get real OC, DC and ST coaches in here and manage the team ala John Harbaugh.  Gregg Williams can stay if he wants.

Thats what Brian Boitano'd do. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I wouldn't mind Greg Williams but whose gonna run the offense - that little troll that is supposedly our offensive coordinator? We would probably need a whole new offensive staff immediately after a few games - kinda tough to get that done. 

Jim Bob Cooter.  He;s already on staff and has been an OC before. He would be a very solid choice imo. Especially for interim status. We have the coaches. I wouldn't be worried about that. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Need a real bastard. Someone who will treat them as adults and take no crap. Swears a lot. Doesn't drive a late model car. Thinks air conditioning is for pussies and currently lives in Florida. Korean or Vietnam war experience preferred but not essential.

Buddy Ryan passed away man. ;-)  ;-) 

7 hours ago, Pcola said:

The right hire would have been Matt Rhule.  We blew that one.  The next choice is PJ Fleck at the U of Minnesota.

Many fans here wanted Rhule or McCarthy instead of Gase.  To be fair, the three of them all lost this weekend and are collectively 0-3 right now.  Rhule lost to the fricken Raiders at home..... a far cry from losing to Buffalo IMO.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Need a real bastard. Someone who will treat them as adults and take no crap. Swears a lot. Doesn't drive a late model car. Thinks air conditioning is for pussies and currently lives in Florida. Korean or Vietnam war experience preferred but not essential.

Joe Judge was hired by the Giants

16 hours ago, AL047 said:

Here's a question for all of you here; Who would you hire to coach this team??? Remember all the good coaches are either retired or have long contracts with winning organizations??? Who would you hire???? Remember this coach is inheriting Darnold and the rest of the funky bunch!!!!

Eric Bienemy. The list starts and stops with him. Give him whatever it takes to get him aboard

If you mean in the interim, Williams

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Many fans here wanted Rhule or McCarthy instead of Gase.  To be fair, the three of them all lost this weekend and are collectively 0-3 right now.  Rhule lost to the fricken Raiders at home..... a far cry from losing to Buffalo IMO.

The raiders are not a bad football team at all.

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I could see the Jets being the team to succumb to the pressure for Bienemy to finally get his chance. He's had a bunch of interviews. If he was a good HC candidate he would have been hired imo. I'd rather go with Brant Boyer and let him be the actual HC. Get real OC, DC and ST coaches in here and manage the team ala John Harbaugh.  Gregg Williams can stay if he wants.

Thats what Brian Boitano'd do. 

Nice south park reference ?

I've seen other people suggesting bienemy is not a good candidate because other teams have passed on him. I don't care for the logic. Teams make poor hiring decisions all the time. Hell, the Jets are one of the teams that passed on him in favor of ... Gase. ?

The guy has been an important part of running the leagues best offense for several years now. Andy Ried thinks he's a good head coaching candidate and that's more than enough for me.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Super Bowl baby

EE686471-4578-4BCD-9810-E11783C15490.jpeg

I won't throw out names but here is what I would look for:

1. Is he a coach that has "his" system and will want players to match that? Or a guy that develops a system around the players? Toss out anyone with a "system". Im my opinion they don't work anymore in the modern NFL. 

2 .If he is an offensive coordinator how has he done with less than elite QBs? Has he developed good/competitive offenses around these QBs? Toss out anyone that has only done well with elite QBs, EVEN if he has only worked with elite QBs

3. If he is a defensive guy how has he maximized his talent? Is he a progressive DC that believes in balance on a team or a guy that wants to win 13-10 Toss out the ultra conservative guys

4. Grab the intern and specifically look at how the prospective coordinator has adjusted statistically in 2nd halfs.  Toss the guys who have not shown the ability to adjust on the second half of games

5. Find out who the QB coach will be and really dive deep on how effective that guy has been. Use this a little bit as a tiebreaker.

6. Look for someone charismatic but don't get totally distracted by a great interview. Stick to the criteria above.

7. Seek other opinions of the prospects but be VERY wary of the ones that are close friends or could have other ulterior motives to get that person hired. Seek players that were cut and other coaches that worked with him for less biased opinions.

8. Be very wary of the "hot" coordinator especially if that success is tied to an elite QB, or is otherwise an anomaly in his coaching resume.

9. Be very wary of coaches from the "Belichick" tree, these guys have not proven out to be successful

10. Don't be afraid to hire a college coach if he is otherwise the right guy. Let him choose his staff.

11. Look at ST coaches. If their philosophies align with the above, they can become great head coaches.

Under my criteria, last year Gase, McCarthy, Monken, Caldwell all would not have had serious consideration. I have not given enough thought to know who fits these if we are hiring another coach next year though at first glance Roman might fit the criteria. 

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, AL047 said:

Fisher_Jeff_ArmsCrossed_GI_.5772c93c778d

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Loggains can’t be worse than Gase

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Dirk Koetter.  Would be fun to watch nearly 40 passes a game.  Heard that he interviewed for a head coaching job for college and when asked about his offensive philosophy he said to pass on 1st, pass on 2nd  On third down if it is short yardage, run the ball, if not pass again.

We only ran the ball 15 times yesterday.  I don't think passing more is always the answer. 

But sure, I imagine he'd be an upgrade.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Nice south park reference ?

I've seen other people suggesting bienemy is not a good candidate because other teams have passed on him. I don't care for the logic. Teams make poor hiring decisions all the time. Hell, the Jets are one of the teams that passed on him in favor of ... Gase. ?

The guy has been an important part of running the leagues best offense for several years now. Andy Ried thinks he's a good head coaching candidate and that's more than enough for me.

THANK YOU!! 

That little nugget flew past everyone else it seems :) 

Andy Reid has zero initiative to say otherwise about his OC. What good does it do to disparage the guy?   And I'm not saying Reid doesn't act5ually think that or the Bienemy is a bad coach. I would just be leery of the hire. Sure teams do dumb things all the time. But he's had 1/2 a dozen interviews. You'd think one of those teams would have been impressed en0ugh to hire him. And like you said, he comes from the Reid family tree and is a part of the KC offense. What gives then?   Where there's smoke. 

Greg Roman for me please.