Jump to content
AL047

Who would you hire???

Recommended Posts

On 9/16/2020 at 12:50 AM, pdxgreen said:

Oh God.  I think I'm gunna puke.

The media loves Fischer so people still take him seriously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

??? Dude did what before lamar ???

Wasn't he fired from the freaking Bills ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

I thought he did pretty good adapting his offense to Alex Smith, Kaep, and Tyrod in addition to building an offense around Lamar. We need a guy who can show he adapts to the talent provided.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I thought he did pretty good adapting his offense to Alex Smith, Kaep, and Tyrod in addition to building an offense around Lamar. We need a guy who can show he adapts to the talent provided.

THis... 

and what do all of those QB's have in common......oh yeah, they are ATHLETIC... so is Sam - he has some Alex Smith to him, he's got a little Favre in him, or he did before Gase. This would be my top choice if something were to happen. 

Greg Roman... 

vtgusagpqwculpxneik0.jpg.6c751b26443c1effad49a29b5e1942fe.jpg

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 12:53 AM, The Walrus said:

Need a real bastard. Someone who will treat them as adults and take no crap. Swears a lot. Doesn't drive a late model car. Thinks air conditioning is for pussies and currently lives in Florida. Korean or Vietnam war experience preferred but not essential.

Yea...I got the perfect candidate...

tenor.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, adb280z said:

Williams is a discount version of Rex Ryan.  He is not the answer.

When option A is Adam Gase, I cannot imagine a question that Williams is not the answer to.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jgb said:

There's gonna be a lot of competition for Roman this off season...... And Ravens are likely to make a deep playoff run so won't be able to talk to him until late Jan/early Feb.

Haven't the rules gotten a little more lax on this though?  As in, can't you interview and essentially "hire" a guy, but let him finish out the string with his current team?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

??? Dude did what before lamar ???

Wasn't he fired from the freaking Bills ?

He was fired for completely BS reasons.  Rex made him a scapegoat, firing him in September of 2016 after a 37-31 loss to the Jets.  Yeah, the offense was really the problem there, lol.

Meanwhile he made Tyrod Taylor look like a more than competent starter his 1 year+ there.  Taylor was QB8 in 2015, per DVOA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was fired for completely BS reasons.  Rex made him a scapegoat, firing him in September of 2016 after a 37-31 loss to the Jets.  Yeah, the offense was really the problem there, lol.

Meanwhile he made Tyrod Taylor look like a more than competent starter his 1 year+ there.  Taylor was QB8 in 2015, per DVOA.

Rex—like all coaches who have worked under Woody—got that hot bus toss game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pay ozzie TOP DOLLAR let him decide everything coaches roster everything-winners win

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

This personal attack on @CTM and @Bleedin Green will not be tolerated.

Considering the source is a fellow ACM founder, we can feel comfortable it's meant strictly in jest.

 

Either that, or it proves the long-standing theory that @TeddEY and @Pac have been the same person all along, playing both sides of every major argument, and after all these years finally slipped up on which login he was posting under.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Considering the source is a fellow ACM founder, we can feel comfortable it's meant strictly in jest.

 

Either that, or it proves the long-standing theory that @TeddEY and @Pac have been the same person all along, playing both sides of every major argument, and after all these years finally slipped up on which login he was posting under.

AND I'D HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

562001ec6440d.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

c52b3f53d52f4c2d757d9a38ec29ea47.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, jgb said:

When option A is Adam Gase, I cannot imagine a question that Williams is not the answer to.

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

Interim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, kmnj said:

pay ozzie TOP DOLLAR let him decide everything coaches roster everything-winners win

Ozzie would never work for Woody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Because we are accomplishing so much currently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

What right guy?  No one legit is going to want to come here after we go 1-15 and Gase is the laughingstock of the league, again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Except you can instruct an interim coach to play the young guys.  Like Ashtyn Davis, Perine, Cager, etc.  

Keep Gase in charge and we'll see Frank Gore all season long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, kmnj said:

pay ozzie TOP DOLLAR let him decide everything coaches roster everything-winners win

Hire him for the job of president of football ops and as you say have the owners step aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Oh yes it does accomplishes a lot, gets rid of a terrible head coach and perhaps saves a young Qb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oh yes it does accomplishes a lot, gets rid of a terrible head coach and perhaps saves a young Qb

What reason is there to think that Greg Williams would actually be much of an upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, adb280z said:

What reason is there to think that Greg Williams would actually be much of an upgrade?

He would not be at all the long term solution, interim.  Gase is pure awful, as in wrecking QB bad.  He has to go and it almost does not matter who takes over for the rest of this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He would not be at all the long term solution, interim.  Gase is pure awful, as in wrecking QB bad.  He has to go and it almost does not matter who takes over for the rest of this year.

I have a very low opinion of Greg Williams.  I can't give it to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...