AL047

Who would you hire???

On 9/16/2020 at 12:50 AM, pdxgreen said:

Oh God.  I think I'm gunna puke.

The media loves Fischer so people still take him seriously 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

??? Dude did what before lamar ???

Wasn't he fired from the freaking Bills ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I thought he did pretty good adapting his offense to Alex Smith, Kaep, and Tyrod in addition to building an offense around Lamar. We need a guy who can show he adapts to the talent provided.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I thought he did pretty good adapting his offense to Alex Smith, Kaep, and Tyrod in addition to building an offense around Lamar. We need a guy who can show he adapts to the talent provided.

THis... 

and what do all of those QB's have in common......oh yeah, they are ATHLETIC... so is Sam - he has some Alex Smith to him, he's got a little Favre in him, or he did before Gase. This would be my top choice if something were to happen. 

Greg Roman... 

vtgusagpqwculpxneik0.jpg.6c751b26443c1effad49a29b5e1942fe.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 9/14/2020 at 12:53 AM, The Walrus said:

Need a real bastard. Someone who will treat them as adults and take no crap. Swears a lot. Doesn't drive a late model car. Thinks air conditioning is for pussies and currently lives in Florida. Korean or Vietnam war experience preferred but not essential.

Yea...I got the perfect candidate...

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, adb280z said:

Williams is a discount version of Rex Ryan.  He is not the answer.

When option A is Adam Gase, I cannot imagine a question that Williams is not the answer to.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

There's gonna be a lot of competition for Roman this off season...... And Ravens are likely to make a deep playoff run so won't be able to talk to him until late Jan/early Feb.

Haven't the rules gotten a little more lax on this though?  As in, can't you interview and essentially "hire" a guy, but let him finish out the string with his current team?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

??? Dude did what before lamar ???

Wasn't he fired from the freaking Bills ?

He was fired for completely BS reasons.  Rex made him a scapegoat, firing him in September of 2016 after a 37-31 loss to the Jets.  Yeah, the offense was really the problem there, lol.

Meanwhile he made Tyrod Taylor look like a more than competent starter his 1 year+ there.  Taylor was QB8 in 2015, per DVOA.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was fired for completely BS reasons.  Rex made him a scapegoat, firing him in September of 2016 after a 37-31 loss to the Jets.  Yeah, the offense was really the problem there, lol.

Meanwhile he made Tyrod Taylor look like a more than competent starter his 1 year+ there.  Taylor was QB8 in 2015, per DVOA.

Rex—like all coaches who have worked under Woody—got that hot bus toss game.

• Upvote 1

pay ozzie TOP DOLLAR let him decide everything coaches roster everything-winners win

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This personal attack on @CTM and @Bleedin Green will not be tolerated.

Considering the source is a fellow ACM founder, we can feel comfortable it's meant strictly in jest.

Either that, or it proves the long-standing theory that @TeddEY and @Pac have been the same person all along, playing both sides of every major argument, and after all these years finally slipped up on which login he was posting under.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Considering the source is a fellow ACM founder, we can feel comfortable it's meant strictly in jest.

Either that, or it proves the long-standing theory that @TeddEY and @Pac have been the same person all along, playing both sides of every major argument, and after all these years finally slipped up on which login he was posting under.

AND I'D HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

562001ec6440d.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

c52b3f53d52f4c2d757d9a38ec29ea47.gif

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, jgb said:

When option A is Adam Gase, I cannot imagine a question that Williams is not the answer to.

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

2 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Better to wait til the offseason and get the right guy than it is to replace the wrong guy with another wrong guy.

Interim 

On 9/18/2020 at 3:14 PM, kmnj said:

pay ozzie TOP DOLLAR let him decide everything coaches roster everything-winners win

Ozzie would never work for Woody

1 minute ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Because we are accomplishing so much currently 

14 minutes ago, adb280z said:

What right guy?  No one legit is going to want to come here after we go 1-15 and Gase is the laughingstock of the league, again

11 hours ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Except you can instruct an interim coach to play the young guys.  Like Ashtyn Davis, Perine, Cager, etc.  

Keep Gase in charge and we'll see Frank Gore all season long.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, kmnj said:

Hire him for the job of president of football ops and as you say have the owners step aside.

11 hours ago, adb280z said:

Accomplishes nothing.

Oh yes it does accomplishes a lot, gets rid of a terrible head coach and perhaps saves a young Qb

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oh yes it does accomplishes a lot, gets rid of a terrible head coach and perhaps saves a young Qb

What reason is there to think that Greg Williams would actually be much of an upgrade?

9 minutes ago, adb280z said:

What reason is there to think that Greg Williams would actually be much of an upgrade?

He would not be at all the long term solution, interim.  Gase is pure awful, as in wrecking QB bad.  He has to go and it almost does not matter who takes over for the rest of this year.

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He would not be at all the long term solution, interim.  Gase is pure awful, as in wrecking QB bad.  He has to go and it almost does not matter who takes over for the rest of this year.

I have a very low opinion of Greg Williams.  I can't give it to him.