Darnold taking the blame. He was bad, he knows it. We're on to next week.

jetstream23

1 hour ago, NamathToCaster said:

100%. Darnold says the exact same things Sanchez used to say after every loss.  "I've got to get better", "I didn't play well", "I can't keep playing like this". Then next week the same.  Starting to have my doubts about Sam.  He just doesn't look comfortable and confident out there.

Would be nice that when we have momentum players like Herndon don't cough up the ball preventing us from seeing if Darnold could mount the comeback and win. Sure, Darnold didn't play well at all, but up to that fumble I thought it might end up a 21-17 game with 10 min. to go.

29 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I LMAO at all the 14 jerseys .... when will we learn.   I give the JETS organization so much blame but I’m starting to come to terms with it.

SAM shows brilliance, then shots the bed.  Rinse and repeat.   

General rule... don’t buy a jersey until a guy signs his 2nd contract.  

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I LMAO at all the 14 jerseys .... when will we learn.   I give the JETS organization so much blame but I’m starting to come to terms with it.

SAM shows brilliance, then shots the bed.  Rinse and repeat.   

General rule... don’t buy a jersey until a guy signs his 2nd contract.  

Darrelle Revis has entered the chat.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Let me know the next time he gets in a lineman or WRs face and gives them a ration of sh*t after a blown assignment....lol

Kid is a pussy. Nice kid, good family  will be a great journeyman backup for the next 15 years,  but he simply DOESN'T HAVE IT.

I really dislike these personal attacks on Sam. Nobody here has met the kid before and could speak to his mental makeup. He’s really struggling right now on a terrible team. I actually feel for him, because I believe he generally works hard and takes it seriously. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The Jets look every bit as bad as last year. Dumb penalties, missed assignments, no rhythm what so ever. The game was never as close as the score indicated. I thought Maye and Bless did good, Quinnen a la Leo Williams was taken out of the play repeatedly. Darnold seemed to have regressed. A depressing display of incompetence. Last year I thought that these two teams were pretty evenly matched, but now they aren’t even close.our talent level might be the worst in NFL.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I really dislike these personal attacks on Sam. Nobody here has met the kid before and could speak to his mental makeup. He’s really struggling right now on a terrible team. I actually feel for him, because I believe he generally works hard and takes it seriously. 

That is not a personal attack. 

Darnold has no balls, no internal fire.  He is not a competitor.  The team played exactly like him today.  "La diddy Da." Going through the motions.  

Football is a sport for alpha males.  The QB has to be the alpha of a whole team of other alphas. Darnold is just an easy going guy. 

He doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Career backup.

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I wish he would just come out and say we need to have a better game plan and I need the opportunity to throw for first downs, get in rythem and win some game. Not getting a first down or even positive yards does not win games. I need to get these shackles off and be allowed to throw the ball. I don't think the plays even give us a chance to win.

Game plan? GAME PLAN??? Who can guess what the game plan was. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

That is not a personal attack. 

Darnold has no balls, no internal fire.  He is not a competitor.  The team played exactly like him today.  "La diddy Da." Going through the motions.  

Football is a sport for alpha males.  The QB has to be the alpha of a whole team of other alphas. Darnold is just an easy going guy. 

He doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Career backup.

Agreed.  

The great quarterbacks are all assholes. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He looked like a guy who expected to fail today

It really did feel like this. From the word go it just seemed lost. The word I was using during the "JETNATION LIVE STREAM WATCH PARTY (tm)   was uninspired.  and it wasn't only Sam unfortunately.  But that's wh0 we're talking about so I'll keep it there.  Uninspired football by someone who expected to lose. Sucks! 

Maybe Sam has figured that he will suck his way out of NY sorta like a reverse Jamal Adams. 

A delay coming off the 2 minute: WTF all around. There is a lack of focus to to Gase, Darnold and the OC. You need to pay offense with a controlled rage, like you are gonna lay waste and salt the earth. Too east/west, not enough north and south don't force the issue, didn't scare anyone. You got an OL now, if the pass isn't working, push their DL around for 3 yards a clip and wait til you can playaction. Delayed handoffs, mindless up the middle, screens, 2 yard passes on 3rd and 12, WTF, NONE OF THE SHEET WAS WORKING. 
... the best part is that it was a silent stadium... Can you imagine if it was total chaos like normal

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

39 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Peyton, Eli, Brees, Favre, Mahomes, etc.

Thinking a QB’s personality is the reason for his failures when he’s had completely inept HC/OC to start his career is woefully misguided.

One can be nice and still a great player.  The difference is those guys are intensely competitive. 

Darnold is not.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kurt Warner as well.

Though I imagine both QB's "laid down the law" from time to time when needed.  You have to command respect in the huddle.  However a QB does that is his prerogative.  

Sam was voted captain for a reason. His style has never been in your face rah rah. But all I've heard is how guys gravitate towards him because of his even keeled persona. Sam was inaccurate yesterday, I don't think bashing the guy as a leader is fair at this point.