Jump to content
ganggreen305

They suck you in year after year......

Recommended Posts

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football?  I was so pumped today and then the 1st quarter passed by and I was emotionally drained.  The Jets just suck the life out of you.  It’s over.  Sorry.  The watching Red Zone I am watching Adams all over the place (we had to trade him) and Robbie catching bombs in that game.  I’m so high on Darnold and these performances just kill that.  I watch all the offseason videos and was hyped for the season. (Just want to see decent, well coached football.). Today was a joke.  Gase sucks.  Team never looks prepared.  Just disgusted.  The Jets just slowly kill you man.  I’m just tired.  I think I’m going to dedicate my Sunday’s to just spending more time with the family and my son.  **** this.

  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football?  I was so pumped today and then the 1st quarter passed by and I was emotionally drained.  The Jets just suck the life out of you.  It’s over.  Sorry.  The watching Red Zone I am watching Adams all over the place (we had to trade him) and Robbie catching bombs in that game.  I’m so high on Darnold and these performances just kill that.  I watch all the offseason videos and was hyped for the season. (Just want to see decent, well coached football.). Today was a joke.  Gase sucks.  Team never looks prepared.  Just disgusted.  The Jets just slowly kill you man.  I’m just tired.  I think I’m going to dedicate my Sunday’s to just spending more time with the family and my son.  **** this.

The Jets were never going to be good this year.  They have too little weapons on the outside to run a functional offense. That being said the QB is the biggest issue.  Missing wide open receivers,  not checking out of runs when there were literally 8 guys in the box and man to man on the outside.  He is still playing like a rookie and making rookie mistakes.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football?  I was so pumped today and then the 1st quarter passed by and I was emotionally drained.  The Jets just suck the life out of you.  It’s over.  Sorry.  The watching Red Zone I am watching Adams all over the place (we had to trade him) and Robbie catching bombs in that game.  I’m so high on Darnold and these performances just kill that.  I watch all the offseason videos and was hyped for the season. (Just want to see decent, well coached football.). Today was a joke.  Gase sucks.  Team never looks prepared.  Just disgusted.  The Jets just slowly kill you man.  I’m just tired.  I think I’m going to dedicate my Sunday’s to just spending more time with the family and my son.  **** this.

We would've lost with Adams and Robby on our team today still. Gase is a horrible coach and play caller. 100% his fault. Always is. We only lost by 10, and looked horrible, so if he could call a good game we'd have won.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football? 

When watching a horror movie I root for the monster/killer.

When I watch the Jets I do something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When your a fan your a fan. Tough 10+ years now though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought they would be good this year.

They have low talent.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 32 and I root for the Mets, Jets, and Knicks. So I’ve never seen a title, on 2 World Series losses and 3 heart breaking title games, as well as an nba finals loss.
 

It’s being a fan, and a new season always springs hope. If this goes this way, if this bounces this way, if this guy steps up, we got something... rarely does it happen, but there is hope.

Next year, and the year after that, until it’s all over, I’ll still be there. They make it hard. But I keep telling myself at some point there will be a euphoric payoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

I never thought they would be good this year.

They have low talent.

Seriously, don’t understand on how you can look at this team and think, oh maybe they can do something this year. 

Low talent, bad head coach, brutal travel schedule. The part that really sucks is number two could have helped mitigate how badly mediocre they will be this year. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people thought the Jets were going to be good this year.

Yes we added 4 new lineman, but Fant was a project the Seahawks gave up on, McGovern and GVR are good quality players but not great, and Alex Lewis was part of the problem last year. Becton could be a star but we'll see. He's a rookie.

Our O-Line went from awful to maybe average.

We traded our best player in Adams and although we got a great haul for him, none of it can help us in 2020.

And then on defense we signed Dessir to start at CB. A JAG for Indy who had some good and some bad moments. He was benched today lol.

We never addressed the pass rush situation. An incredibly important position. We could have traded for Yannik Ngakoue and/or signed Clowney. But why would we need pass rushers? For some reason we think we can just get by with Basham and Jenkinks. Both are JAGS who can't get to the QB.

So on defense we are average at best in coverage and can't get constant pressure on the QB. That's a recipe for disaster. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Seriously, don’t understand on how you can look at this team and think, oh maybe they can do something this year. 

Low talent, bad head coach, brutal travel schedule. The part that really sucks is number two could have helped mitigate how badly mediocre they will be this year. 

It's the perfect tank season.

Hopefully they find some assets to unload at the trade deadline. Can't imagine who though. Maybe Quinnen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

When watching a horror movie I root for the monster/killer.

When I watch the Jets I do something similar.

We have things in common. I love pulling for Jason in F13th 3D. His kills are awesome in that one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fullblast said:

It's the perfect tank season.

Hopefully they find some assets to unload at the trade deadline. Can't imagine who though. Maybe Quinnen?

De pin$a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...