Over/Under Gase Is Fired

munchmemory

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

What makes you expect that? 

Because Darnold has finished strong his first two seasons. Honestly, I have never seen a player as screwed as him. He has Bowles as his coach who was arguably the worst HC to ever be one in the NFL, then he gets Mono, now we have a pandemic that wiped out preseaon with a whole new OL. They will get better as the season goes on. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, RSJ said:

This is where it gets kind of interesting. Our GM who I am not sold on yet has a 6 year deal and seems to love Gase. Our uniforms are ugly AF and our team has zero talent in any position on the field. Its about as hopeless as it gets tbh. At least the 95-96 Jets teams had talent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

These uniforms are horrible.  Time to go back to the old uniforms 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The fan base and media outcry will be so severe if the Jets have another brutal season that the Johnson's will bend to public sentiment and dump Gase, but only after the season ends. Billionaires might not know how to run football teams, but they universally don't like it when their massive egos take a hit.  

13 hours ago, munchmemory said:

As long as I live, I will never understand the Gase hire.  Just made no sense.   Just slightly less worse than Leon Hess'' horrific Kotite crapfest.

At least Hess followed up Kotite with Parcells.  And we would've had BB had Hess not passed away when he did.  BB wanted no part of the Johnson family.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, deucebag said:

How would Joe Doulgas look if he fired his buddy in the middle of a rebuild?

Douglas is the one with the 6-year deal.  Would it be cold-blooded?  Absolutely.  A decision that gets heavily criticized or makes Douglas look bad?  Probably not.  

Besides, he could be shielded from some of that criticism by letting Christopher Johnson be the one to claim primary responsibility for the decision.

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Douglas is the one with the 6-year deal.  Would it be cold-blooded?  Absolutely.  A decision that gets heavily criticized or makes Douglas look bad?  Probably not.  

Besides, he could be shielded from some of that criticism by letting Christopher Johnson be the one to claim primary responsibility for the decision.

Chris Johnson is the one who was captivated by Gase, so I dont think he'd be ready to break-up with his man crush after just two years.

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Chris Johnson is the one who was captivated by Gase, so I dont think he'd be ready to break-up with his man crush after just two years.

Right which is why this needs to be Douglas's show or we're screwed.  Douglas seems like he absolutely be willing to fire Gase in year 2, man-crush or not.

I'm just suggesting Douglas could save face by having Chris Johnson be the one to take at least partial responsibility, publicly.