Allen >>> Darnold

Obrien2Toon

Meanwhile Lamar Jackson
20-25 for 275 yards and 3 TDs but ya'll still prefer Darnold.   It is obvious to everyone except Jet Fans that Jackson is the best quarterback from that draft. 

In other news, Joe Burrow looks like a more mobile Tom Brady.   The new "Joe Cool"  was very impressive today.  

• Sympathy 1

Disclaimer:  I'm a Bills fan.

I just posted on the Bills' message board that I thought that Darnold was a solid NFL QB who was drafted by a franchise in turmoil and has very little talent around him.  Allen has clearly benefited from being on the Bills with the way their GM and head coach have built the roster around him.

I think right now Allen is a better QB than Darnold and that is because he has had a chance to grow and gain some confidence.  Allen has a WR corps and an O-line that are solid.  He's been in the same system with the same OC and HC for three years.  That's invaluable for a raw QB.  There is no question that Darnold was the better passer coming out of college.  No one knew that Allen could run the ball when the Bills drafted him.  He didn't run it at Wyoming.  His rookie year the Bills' O-Line was so bad that he was forced to run for his life and everyone realized he was actually a great running QB.

The question I have is how much more damage will be done to Darnold if the Jets continue to lose badly this year?  The NY media and Jets fans can be brutal when they finally turn on you.  Even if Darnold sticks next year and Douglas brings in talent to surround Sam and a new head coach, will it already be too late for him?  Confidence is a tricky thing.  Once a QB loses it and starts playing scared, it's hard to get that moxy back.  For every Tanneyhill out there, there are a dozen Matt Leinarts.

Right now Allen is clearly the better QB.  There are a lot of reasons for that, and most of them are not Sam Darnold's fault.

• Upvote 4

Jackson and allen have been blessed with good teams surrounding them. The bills have been successful because their defense is great they have not been riding on allen's success. The ravens are in a similar situation where their success is mostly a team effort though I will admit that Jackson has played a significant role and hats off to their coaching staff to be able to swap out from flacco and completely change the way they call plays in one season to tailor an offense to jackson. Darnold may not be a great qb but the truth is we really never gave him the proper supporting cast honestly the team has only gotten worse around him which is the opposite of what you want while your qb is still on his rookie contract...the offensive line might be better this year than it was last year but now he has no real weapons on offense (bell has not been good since coming back from his year vacation, herndon had one good half season but has been suspended and injured since, permian busted on how many different teams?) The only decent receiver we have on our roster at the moment is crowder.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The unofficially official rating of the 2018 QB Class:

1.Lamar

2. Allen

3. Baker

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

Darnold is closer to Rosen. If you swapped Rosen for Darnold in yesterdays game I don't think you would have seen much difference.

Right now neither have the moxie to be FQB's.