Joe Flacco

joewilly12

Unless the Jets are in contention for a playoff spot (I'll wait until y'all stop laughing) and Darnold gets injured, Flacco shouldn't sniff even one snap for this team this year.  If Gase continues to ruin Darnold to the point where he has to be benched, James Morgan needs to be the next man up.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, he just looked so bad today,

This is just who he is.  Look at his good games.  His top plays are always breakdowns where he chucks it to a spot. Think about his best games/plays.  How often do they involve settling in, going through progressions, and delivering a strike to a WR in stride.  His successes are less impressive when looked at from a distance and you see those punches land maybe 5-10% of the time - and never when we need a drive at the end of the game.  He’s a terrible Quarterback but makes just enough exciting sandlot plays to keep you hoping for more and imagine Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Unless the Jets are in contention for a playoff spot (I'll wait until y'all stop laughing) and Darnold gets injured, Flacco shouldn't sniff even one snap for this team this year.  If Gase continues to ruin Darnold to the point where he has to be benched, James Morgan needs to be the next man up.

The Jets have other positions on offense they need to evaluate, so a steady veteran like Flacco could help do wonders for an offense still finding its way.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Flacco is a statue and has been bad for at least two years before this.  This is not Super bowl flacco.  oh and his neck is screwed.

Makes you wonder if this is still dysfunctional Woody Johnson S show.  How could Flacco ever pass a physical?  Did he even take a physical?

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is just who he is.  Look at his good games.  His top plays are always breakdowns where he chucks it to a spot. Think about his best games/plays.  How often do they involve settling in, going through progressions, and delivering a strike to a WR in stride.  His successes are less impressive when looked at from a distance and you see those punches land maybe 5-10% of the time - and never when we need a drive at the end of the game.  He’s a terrible Quarterback but makes just enough exciting sandlot plays to keep you hoping for more and imagine Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

Yes, and he seems to be no good at that anymore either. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, and he seems to be no good at that anymore either. 

It’s just regression to the mean.  Doing dumb things usually doesn’t work, even if it does sometimes.  Trust me, halfway through the season he’ll have amassed a few of those plays again, and all the folks new to the party will be right back to “it’s all Gase’s fault” and “weaponzzzz.”

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sam Darnold at the moment is nowhere near as good of a quarterback as Ryan Tannehill. Right now Darnold compares more to Geno Smith and Blake Bortles.

Bortles once threw 35 TDs in a season.

Darnold has 37 career TDs.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets have other positions on offense they need to evaluate, so a steady veteran like Flacco could help do wonders for an offense still finding its way.

Very fair point. For me I guess it selfishly comes down to not wanting to watch a QB that has no long term future with the team.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:45 PM, TeddEY said:

It’s just regression to the mean.  Doing dumb things usually doesn’t work, even if it does sometimes.  Trust me, halfway through the season he’ll have amassed a few of those plays again, and all the folks new to the party will be right back to “it’s all Gase’s fault” and “weaponzzzz.”

Even if Darnold does suck so will every single QB with this roster and this HC.