Jump to content

Joe Flacco


joewilly12

Recommended Posts

Unless the Jets are in contention for a playoff spot (I'll wait until y'all stop laughing) and Darnold gets injured, Flacco shouldn't sniff even one snap for this team this year.  If Gase continues to ruin Darnold to the point where he has to be benched, James Morgan needs to be the next man up.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, he just looked so bad today,

This is just who he is.  Look at his good games.  His top plays are always breakdowns where he chucks it to a spot. Think about his best games/plays.  How often do they involve settling in, going through progressions, and delivering a strike to a WR in stride.  His successes are less impressive when looked at from a distance and you see those punches land maybe 5-10% of the time - and never when we need a drive at the end of the game.  He’s a terrible Quarterback but makes just enough exciting sandlot plays to keep you hoping for more and imagine Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Unless the Jets are in contention for a playoff spot (I'll wait until y'all stop laughing) and Darnold gets injured, Flacco shouldn't sniff even one snap for this team this year.  If Gase continues to ruin Darnold to the point where he has to be benched, James Morgan needs to be the next man up.

The Jets have other positions on offense they need to evaluate, so a steady veteran like Flacco could help do wonders for an offense still finding its way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Flacco is a statue and has been bad for at least two years before this.  This is not Super bowl flacco.  oh and his neck is screwed.

Makes you wonder if this is still dysfunctional Woody Johnson S show.  How could Flacco ever pass a physical?  Did he even take a physical?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is just who he is.  Look at his good games.  His top plays are always breakdowns where he chucks it to a spot. Think about his best games/plays.  How often do they involve settling in, going through progressions, and delivering a strike to a WR in stride.  His successes are less impressive when looked at from a distance and you see those punches land maybe 5-10% of the time - and never when we need a drive at the end of the game.  He’s a terrible Quarterback but makes just enough exciting sandlot plays to keep you hoping for more and imagine Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

Yes, and he seems to be no good at that anymore either. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, and he seems to be no good at that anymore either. 

It’s just regression to the mean.  Doing dumb things usually doesn’t work, even if it does sometimes.  Trust me, halfway through the season he’ll have amassed a few of those plays again, and all the folks new to the party will be right back to “it’s all Gase’s fault” and “weaponzzzz.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sam Darnold at the moment is nowhere near as good of a quarterback as Ryan Tannehill. Right now Darnold compares more to Geno Smith and Blake Bortles.

Bortles once threw 35 TDs in a season.

Darnold has 37 career TDs.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets have other positions on offense they need to evaluate, so a steady veteran like Flacco could help do wonders for an offense still finding its way.

Very fair point. For me I guess it selfishly comes down to not wanting to watch a QB that has no long term future with the team.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:45 PM, TeddEY said:

It’s just regression to the mean.  Doing dumb things usually doesn’t work, even if it does sometimes.  Trust me, halfway through the season he’ll have amassed a few of those plays again, and all the folks new to the party will be right back to “it’s all Gase’s fault” and “weaponzzzz.”

Even if Darnold does suck so will every single QB with this roster and this HC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...