Darnold: Losing Sucks No Matter Who It Is

JetNation

Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold told the media he missed too many throws and that he has to be better. He put the loss on himself and said it is on his shoulders.

First off, we didn’t execute the way that we wanted to, especially in the first half. I put that on my shoulders. I missed way too many throws today. We had opportunities and I just missed guys. We’ve got to look at the tape and see what happened, but I just flat-out missed guys and that’s on me. And so I’ve got to be better and we’ve got to execute better. It’s as simple as that. Now we do have to go into the meetings tomorrow, kind of understand how we need to fix those things and make sure that—because they’re fixable, it’s the first game of the season—and so we’ve just got to go in with our heads up and be ready to learn from our mistakes and leave it at that.

I think for us, we’re all competitors. Losing sucks no matter who it is. Obviously, it’s Week One. There were some details, guys, that we’ve got to figure out and we’re going to figure out. But it’s Week One and we’ve just got to figure out what we did wrong and correct those mistakes and not let them happen again.

What happened on the interception on when Darnold took a sack instead of throwing the ball away?

So, the interception was just a bad play to try to fit a ball in there that I shouldn’t have. And then the sack that I took was another, kind of what I said before, it’s a bad play, it’s inexcusable, there are no excuses for it. I’ve just got to be better. I was kind of waiting and I obviously waited too long for someone to get open and it was just a bad decision.

The post Darnold: Losing Sucks No Matter Who It Is appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
9_V2ZlyweXw

Click here to read the full story...

50 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold told the media he missed too many throws and that he has to be better. He put the loss on himself and said it is on his shoulders.

First off, we didn’t execute the way that we wanted to, especially in the first half. I put that on my shoulders. I missed way too many throws today. We had opportunities and I just missed guys. We’ve got to look at the tape and see what happened, but I just flat-out missed guys and that’s on me. And so I’ve got to be better and we’ve got to execute better. It’s as simple as that. Now we do have to go into the meetings tomorrow, kind of understand how we need to fix those things and make sure that—because they’re fixable, it’s the first game of the season—and so we’ve just got to go in with our heads up and be ready to learn from our mistakes and leave it at that.

I think for us, we’re all competitors. Losing sucks no matter who it is. Obviously, it’s Week One. There were some details, guys, that we’ve got to figure out and we’re going to figure out. But it’s Week One and we’ve just got to figure out what we did wrong and correct those mistakes and not let them happen again.

What happened on the interception on when Darnold took a sack instead of throwing the ball away?

So, the interception was just a bad play to try to fit a ball in there that I shouldn’t have. And then the sack that I took was another, kind of what I said before, it’s a bad play, it’s inexcusable, there are no excuses for it. I’ve just got to be better. I was kind of waiting and I obviously waited too long for someone to get open and it was just a bad decision.

The post Darnold: Losing Sucks No Matter Who It Is appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

9_V2ZlyweXw

Click here to read the full story...

I think he stole those comments from Mark Sanchez.