If you're Joe Douglas, do you add anyone?

AFJF

For a team with such disasterous luck at finding a FQB, why are Jets obsessed with going all eggs in one basket. For gods sake bring in credible competition in the QB room. We have only been saying this since forever. Draft a QB in first 3 rounds literally every year until we hit.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD is building long term in year 2 of his 6 year contract.  

He and Chris have either agreed to roll with this roster and the resulting draft pick or will need to add someone to make it a bit better so the offense is better. 

Wait, what?

40 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

My feeling is he's going to have to add someone. This team right now looks no better than anything Mike Macagnan would have put out there. Jets fans should be pissed about that. 

Sure smells like JD is Idziking his old pal Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/14/2020 at 12:44 AM, jetstream23 said:

They are $50M under the Cap, refused to re-sign Robby Anderson, ignored players like Everson Griffin and Jadeveon Clowney in FA, traded away the team's best player in Adams.

No, he won't add people of consequence.  Joe D is doing a bottom up rebuild here.  You may see some more rookie FAs and guys come up from the practice squad for some evaluation (Huff, Cager, etc.) but the Jets aren't spending any kind of $$$ or Draft capital to make any kind of serious improvement right now.  The only thing I think he'd do is plug a hole on the OLine if he had to (similar to Kalil last year) because he's trying to assess Darnold.

I think if Joe D had his way he'd be a SELLER and not a buyer towards the trade deadline.  Was probably hoping the Jets could showcase Bell a little these first two months so he could try to trade that contract.

I get it but under the circumstances Darnold is unassessable. He’s throwing Sam to the wolves, letting him wither in the vine, etc etc  

The more I think about it, seems he’s already willing to pass on Sam and get his own QB 

Don’t you have to spend most of your cap bc it doesn’t roll over? 

I hate this franchise 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:59 AM, ryu79 said:

I could love with the process, but not getting a WR this year really irks me. Whether Diggs in Buffalo or Hopkins in Arizona, if we weren't going to resign Robby, I wanted a material upgrade...

This has become my single most irksome issue and I ain’t lettin’ it go 

• Upvote 2