Gase Closed!

LRJets

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Adam gase, Sam Darnold and JD share the same agent. Jimmy Sexton of caa. That's who really runs this team, in case you're wondering

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

I have to thank Jimmy Sexton for something.  He conned Texas A&M into buying out Jimbo Fisher's contract at FSU.  So he could sell his client Willie Taggart to FSU and give him the "dream gig."  That eventuality led to Mario Cristobal taking the initiative and getting Taggart's assistant coaches to back him (minus an angry Jim Leavitt) for the job Slick Willie was leaving... the Ducks.  So that Game of Thrones worthy saga really helped Oregon out in the long run.  So I guess the guy isn't all bad.

• Haha 1

Regardless of last night’s game or even how McCarthy pans out overall in Dal, he should have been the coach here during Darnold’s second and third years. He is the definition of a guy who knows how to develop quarterbacks. Look back over his entire resume. He might not be the best in game coach and his schemes may be outdated, but the QB school that he has put some great QBs through would have been a huge benefit to Darnold’s career, and if after two years he sh*t the bed as a HC, we’d get rid of him and start over. But at least we would have known what we had in Darnold.

Instead, we‘ve been stuck with no QB development, overly complicated game plans, and a HC who’s entire track record reflects his QB: thoroughly unprepared game in and game out.

My point is this: Darnold very well might be a bad QB, but I’m afraid we have an Alex Smith situation on our hands where the QB can actually play but is saddled with pure ineptness at the HC and OC positions to start his career. Whether Gase goes tomorrow or at the end of the year or next year, unfortunately, Darnold’s evaluation will be an incomplete. If we had hired McCarthy, Darnold would have gone through the appropriate developmental stages and had the 10k mental reps from McCarthy’s QB school. And if all of that helped Darnold become a FQB, great - but if not, at least we would have confirmation that Darnold is definitely a bust, and we can move forward without him. 

4 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

And stupidly went for it on 4 th and 3 dumb decision. Don’t want that guy either

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That was strange for sure, don’t know why the announcers didn’t make a bigger deal about that decision. A 17 point offensive showing with that offense was certainly not encouraging.

Regardless of last night’s game or even how McCarthy pans out overall in Dal, he should have been the coach here during Darnold’s second and third years. He is the definition of a guy who knows how to develop quarterbacks. Look back over his entire resume. He might not be the best in game coach and his schemes may be outdated, but the QB school that he has put some great QBs through would have been a huge benefit to Darnold’s career, and if after two years he sh*t the bed as a HC, we’d get rid of him and start over. But at least we would have known what we had in Darnold.
Instead, we‘ve been stuck with no QB development, overly complicated game plans, and a HC who’s entire track record reflects his QB: thoroughly unprepared game in and game out.
My point is this: Darnold very well might be a bad QB, but I’m afraid we have an Alex Smith situation on our hands where the QB can actually play but is saddled with pure ineptness at the HC and OC positions to start his career. Whether Gase goes tomorrow or at the end of the year or next year, unfortunately, Darnold’s evaluation will be an incomplete. If we had hired McCarthy, Darnold would have gone through the appropriate developmental stages and had the 10k mental reps from McCarthy’s QB school. And if all of that helped Darnold become a FQB, great - but if not, at least we would have confirmation that Darnold is definitely a bust, and we can move forward without him. 
I am not a fan of McCarthy at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, LRJets said:

I'm re-visiting the regret we didn't hire Mike McCarthy.

Gase is not the best game caller.  JD needs to get his own H.C.

Lack of success from the Jets can be exhausting for long time fans.

Gase Resume.jpg

He's got to go.  It's and open & shut gase for sure.

• Upvote 2

1670616366_GaseResume.thumb.jpg.05542cc57dabdc6c2c3bc03b9211469c.jpg

Yea McCarthy really lit it up last night with the most talented offensive roster in football outside of the chiefs . I’ve never seen more 5 yard passes in my life outside of a jets game and at least we have a reason to do so because our offensive talent is a joke . Have you ever seen a receiver like amari cooper have a crowder-like stat line of 8 for 80? Well you’ll see plenty of that on Mike McCarthy cowboys . Really a shame we missed out on such offensive innovation , such genius . The same guy who had a top 5 all time talent possibly even most talented QB EVER for over a decade and won a single Super Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, LRJets said:

Gase Resume.jpg

McCarthy has a stacked team and lost last night, no?

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With Mike McCarthy, Maccagnan is still the GM.

I'm all for firing Gase whenever.  But McCarthy would have been a sh*tty hire, too.

Where were all the McCarthy lovers last night when he single-handily cost the Cowboys the game in the 4th quarter when down 3 he:

1- Ran the ball on 3rd and 6 (for minimal gain) despite having Dak/Cooper/Gallup/Lamb

2- Then oddly chose to forgo the game tying FG and went for it

3- Had Lamb running a 2 yard route on 4th and 3. (Yeah, yeah it's possible it was a 3 yard route cut off by a defender or he was the 2nd/3rd option, either way, you can't let that happen). 

Meanwhile the Packers are 14-3 since he left.