TuscanyTile2

Poll: Are you ready to move on from Sam?

Poll: Are you ready to move on from Sam?  

209 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Poll: Are you ready to move on from Sam?

• Nope, I still have faith in the guy
    • Not yet but I'm legitimately worried about him being a bust
    • Stick a fork in him. It's time to move on.
    • Let's give him a little more time before making this judgment

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2020 at 04:17 PM

I still have faith that Sam is the man but I want to see what the forum thinks.

EDIT:

I added a 4th choice: 

"Let's give him a little more time before making this judgment"

I’ll wait and see how he responds the next few weeks, but it’s not looking good. 

I want to see where he is at the end of the season before making that choice. A brand new OL which I think needs some time to mesh, No Mims yesterday and a coach who I have no clue what he is makes this a tough call.

There were some things yesterday that were alarming. Especially that INT going left and throwing to middle of the field, flat out a mistake he should not be making at this point.

The Jets are the Knicks of the NFL. No matter what they do it blows up in their faces.

• Upvote 1

I chose 2... Sam could be a bust, don't know... but what I feel is that you put him with a "bust" of a QB whisperer whose offenses outside of the manning years is and has been bottom of the league. 

I'd like to see him without this predictable garbage play calling. Our HC might be able to coach better if he isn't sitting on the bench half the game combing through plays..

• Upvote 1

I'm ready to sit him until we can put a decent cast around him.  Playing under the current conditions isn't doing him any good. 

I mean it depends on how this season shakes out. The whole not having a real backup does not scream professional franchise. Does Flacco have a health timeline? If the Jets can draft Lawrence then yeah you do it. 

• Upvote 1

Option B and Option D are basically the same response.

• Upvote 2

fwiw, the draft pundits massively failed in 2018 qb evaluation....  other teams got caught uip in this...lamarcus, joey harrington, carr, mariota....   its fairly common. theyhave to hype somedoby, so...

sam, josh and baker are all over their heads....    LJ is killing it.

• Upvote 1

I’m curious to know what people think an “offense tailored to Darnold’s strengths” actually looks like.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

I want to see where he is at the end of the season before making that choice. A brand new OL which I think needs some time to mesh, No Mims yesterday and a coach who I have no clue what he is makes this a tough call.

There were some things yesterday that were alarming. Especially that INT going left and throwing to middle of the field, flat out a mistake he should not be making at this point.

The Jets are the Knicks of the NFL. No matter what they do it blows up in their faces.

Sam threw that exact pass like 3 times last year and completed it. Dumb pass but he makes those.

If for no other reason than money, if the Jets have the chance to draft another top QB this upcoming draft you do it.  

In a perfect world Darnold would good to decent but the Jets would still lose.  This way someone will give up alot for him and his 4th and 5th year of his contract.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m curious to know what people think an “offense tailored to Darnold’s strengths” actually looks like.

Boys Playing Flag Football

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

kicking field goal GIF

• Haha 3

Well, that's sort of a tricky question.

Because I think Darnold could become an Alex Smith level of QB. 

Game manager, move the chains sometimes, get 10 wins on a very talented team.

But will he ever win a Super Bowl???

NOPE.

jd-  said sam need to process better, faster...

i fear my fears were legit...     he doesnt quite GET IT...   its why the ball's late....

Legitimately worried now.

27 starts

that's a solid sample size to evaluate what we have

Mitch Trubisky 2.0 on the upside

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

johnson era cowboys....supported a pretty mediocre aikman...  hof OL, HOF WR, HOF RB.....HOF on D

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

27 starts

This is true. The old standard was 19 starts. Sam has blown past that and still looks like a mush

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

27 starts

So with 26 starts, you were on the bandwagon...but the 27th changed your mind completely?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is true. The old standard was 19 starts. Sam has blown past that and still looks like a mush

27 starts folks

I was the BIGGEST SAM DARNOLD SUPPORTER.

I have seen what I need to see.

He has 15 games to show something.

It also largely depends on who we're in a position to draft. If we are at #1 and Lawrence is still hyped as he is now then it's pretty much over. 

He's playing for his job though. No doubt. A few more performances like yesterday and he's done.

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

So with 26 starts, you were on the bandwagon...but the 27th changed your mind completely?

Doubted, doubted, doubted more, more and more and more and more...and now the case is closed.

If Joe Douglas was smart, he would tank this season and go get "his own" QB in 2021 and a smart guy like him, that's probably how he is playing it...