THE BARON

All Pundits Unanimous - Jets Were A Joke & Gase Is The Cause

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Been listening to all the sports media pundits this morning. 

That's your first mistake.

Everyone... And I mean EVERYONE exclaiming the Jets as a total joke in every respect.

My 9 year old son could see this, not exactly a hot take.

They all agree that Darnold has regressed and is showing signs of being very badly handled.

Darnold spends more time sucking on the teet of Jordan Palmer than he does any member of the Jets coaching staff.  He's with us for 16 weeks.  He's with Jordan Palmer's Quarterback Whisper Factory 36 weeks.

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

ALL pundits... and I mean ALL are pointing at Gase. 

The ignorant media who only know two Jets players by name and pay as much attention to us as we do the San Diego Padres will run to the click-producing Gase narrative because it's what the media does.  If you watched yesterday's game, you'd see that the D stunk up the joint more than the O did and if you're going to crush Gase you need to crush Williams and Darnold too.

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Joe Douglas... DO YOUR JOB AND DO IT NOW... FIRE ADAM GASE

What a brilliant idea, because a) we have so many qualified candidates in Florham Park and b) so many qualified head coaches are sitting at home just begging to lead a team known as NFL HC Siberia.

And before you go there, Gregg Williams screwed up yesterday worse than Gase did.  He's not the guy.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 7

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The groundswell of negativity against Gase in the media and the fan base is going to get louder and louder as this season progresses to the point where ownership will be forced to listen and ultimately make a move. 

Hopefully the days of Jets ownership listening to the idiotic Jets fanbase's voices are over.

You geniuses have never gotten it right.  In fact, your impatience and pressure has hurt this team more than any head coach ever has.  Your begging and your revolving door of coaches and quarterbacks has led nowhere, and the reputation you caused as NFL Siberia for talented college coaches and NFL coordinators means we will never get a top candidate.  

Gase and Williams is as good as it gets for you.  You did this to us.  Enjoy.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets heading the wrong way bills heading the correct way. The bills have a good coach , the jets a terrible one. The jets have a terrible roster the bills have a good one. The Bills brought in Diggs the Jets brought in Perriman.

Jets:  A bad game.  Let's see where we are after Week 4 before passing judgement on this quarterback, this coaching staff, and this roster.

Bills:  Typical eked-out win over a bad team.  A dominant playoff team wins that game by 40 points, not 10.  When they beat an actual playoff team in the course of a season, let me know, then I'll start to show them some respect.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

What is Gase's offense ? Seriously

Any answers would be greatly apprieciated.

What is the Bills offense?  Josh Allen running around is not exactly some genius-level strategy.  Is that what you want?  Some high-risk quarterback improvisation featuring fumbles, interceptions, incompletions, and the inevitable knee injury that ends the season?  That's where McDermott is headed.

The Gase offense?  You mean the Loggains offense, correct?  I'm not sure what it is, but what we do know is that no NFL offensive coordinator is going to look competent if his a) quarterback can't hit the side of a barn, b) his OL is having trouble containing a pass rush, and c) the RB is an over-the-hill bust.  A few weeks from now when Darnold wakes the **** up, the OL is gelled, Perine is back, and Mims is back, let's talk.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I blame anyone who was a member of the Jets' Fan Advisory Board.

Blame us for Jets Rewards and thank us for $8 Chicken Tender Baskets.  They don’t ask our opinions of on-field matters.  

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

It is NOT is Douglas hands. They are equals according to our retarded ownership and each reports directly to Christopher Johnson who clearly does not understand how to run an NFL franchise. 

75% of NFL teams are structured this way.  The teams that have the HC reporting to the GM tend to have exceptional GM’s with 10+ years of success and world championships. 

We have a rookie GM who has not earned the right to fire or hire a head coach.  And let me remind you that Adam Gase has shown more flashes of being a strong head coach than either Darnold has as a franchise quarterback or Douglas has as a GM.  

Stay off drugs.  Marijuana destroys brain cells.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

@SAR I

I like your point on Jordan Palmer.  The one concerning thing to me is that Josh Allen is in that same program and he seems to be developing the mental aspect of the game while Sam is not.  

The inflection of his cadence is a perfect example.  Josh Allen is picking up the small nuances and Sam is not yet they train together 9 months out of the year.  Adam shouldn't have to tell Sam to do/recognize that.  Why do you think this is happening?

I don’t want to think this as I am a huge Darnold supporter, but maybe he isn’t a franchise quarterback.  He didn’t look poised or smart yesterday.  Year 3.  Year 2 in the same playbook.  No excuses for those **** ups.  

As for Allen, he has an element of his game that Darnold does not-  he is a running back.  Darnold is asked to pass from the pocket and is more dependent on his supporting cast where Allen is free to run and make plays on his own.  It takes longer to develop a passing quarterback and less time to let the best athlete on the field run around. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The Padres are maybe the best young team in baseball. Any baseball fan with a clue pays them a lot of attention. Funny that you missed the mark so badly in two sports in one post.

I wasn't talking about fans, I was talking about the media.

For sportswriters in Chicago who know a lot about their local teams and the top teams in the NFL, they boil down the likes of the Browns and Jets to one sentence and they repeat that sentence over and over again as their Monday morning hot take.  "Adam Gase is blah blah" is the boilerplate sentence opener for the Jets.

Gase doesn't look very good after yesterday.  Williams and Darnold look worse and that's far more concerning.  Believe me, I'd love nothing more than a coaching change to fix what happened yesterday, but that's not the answer.  Strategy and preparation are important, but ultimately Williams is solely responsible for the defense and Darnold is solely responsible for reads, decisions, audibles, and accuracy and both sh-t the bed yesterday.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

It will become obvious very soon that Gase has to be fired based on the sheer regression of Darnold alone.  He’s going to get wrecked next week against the 9ers and what little shred of confidence he might still have will circle the drain.

Or how about after 33 preseason and regular season games Darnold's regression is on Darnold and/or his Personal Quarterback Whisperer at Jordan Palmer's School Of Bachelor Nation.

There is nothing that Adam Gase did to make Sam Darnold miss open receivers, throw off the wrong foot, throw across the middle while running toward the sideline, audible incorrectly, and hold onto the ball while running out of bounds.  That's high school s***. 

Eventually, the young player is expected to be an adult player and it becomes obvious the problem isn't the coach.  It's the player.  I don't recall Jets fans screaming for Rex Ryan's head or Brian Schottenheimer's head when Mark Sanchez started floundering in Year 3..  They just wanted to throw him under the bus and get a new quarterback.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

All valid points, and I agree with them.

So how long a leash do you give Gase?

While we may have hired him to be an offensive guru, I believe his actual strength is as a head coach.  He is a straight-shooter, he is not a politician, he doesn't play nice with the media, he holds his players accountable, and he is the established boss, all things you want in a head coach.  These guys have to be hard assed a-holes yet command respect and loyalty in the locker room, not an easy skillset.  Gase has this.

Great head coaches are hard to find and none want to come to the Jets, so you have to find a) someone who has been a head coach before and b) give him a second chance in order to find the next great one.  Gase hasn't done enough to be fired as a head coach this season and he did a great job last season; if offensive coordination is the problem, let's hire a new offensive coordinator.  If quarterback is a problem, let's find a new quarterback.  Gase's value as a head coach may be the only thing good that comes from the Darnold era.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

What will be the storyline if they beat the 49'ers? 

This happens now two years in a row:  The experts say we have one of the worst rosters in the league, the experts say we can win no more than 6 games, the experts say we are a 6 point underdog on the road, and the fans all agree that the experts are right.

And when we track to be no more than a 6-win team and when we lose by more than 6 on the road, they blame Adam Gase.  For meeting their own expectations.  It's either hysterical or it's dumbfounding, haven't decided which yet.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company