Keyshawn and Greeny nail it

AFJF

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Colts are supposed to be a better team, with a great OL and all of those Darnold second round picks.  

No one thought that the Colts were supposed to lose to the Jaguars.  

I did. Phillip Rivers is a body bag and their defense sucks. 

• Sympathy 1

I supported him last year, I cannot now.

The Jets have no receivers and no corners. The offensive game plan should be two and three TE sets, run the ball, play action short and intermediate passes.

What does Gase do, spread offense, shotgun all day. No flow or plan to his play calling. He's awful!

• Upvote 4

greeny is, was and has always been a complete moron.  want to give him a pass because he's a jets fan?  i wouldn't.  as for the game there's not much to be said or hasn't been said.  they played a bad game against a team that was more ready to play than they were.  it happens.  and it's only one game.  sure one game means a lot in a 16 game season but there's still a lot of football to play and there are some bright parts to build on.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I supported him last year, I cannot now.

The Jets have no receivers and no corners. The offensive game plan should be two and three TE sets, run the ball, play action short and intermediate passes.

What does Gase do, spread offense, shotgun all day. No flow or plan to his play calling. He's awful!

The Bills have not allowed a TE more than 70 yards going back to last year and feature the best safety duo in the league. The game plan should’ve been 11 personnel to get Crowder into space. He dropped two first downs and then the Jets were down 21. Also Bell was getting open and we were playing the ball to him when he was injured by a Bills LB.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

as for the game there's not much to be said or hasn't been said.  they played a bad game against a team that was more ready to play than they were.  it happens.  and it's only one game.  sure one game means a lot in a 16 game season but there's still a lot of football to play and there are some bright parts to build on.

Ive heard this from many for 50 years now. Enough. Woody and Chris do NOT have the balls to run this team like a business.  We are a bottom 10 team now going on 10 years.   They hire poorly, manage poorly and only hire YES men.  Gase is a moron as has been all our hires under Woody.  I would argue that they have hired NO ONE that is a well regarded football man.  From Herm to Mangini all our GM's, Douglas excluded.  

• Upvote 1

Gase is terrible. 

But i gotta put some blame on JD here.  How did he think it would be a good idea to strut breshad perriman out there as our #1 wr? He's a #5 wr  at best on any other team.

Sam is being ruined right in front of our eyes. What qb could succeed with this roster? 3 years in and we haven't given him any weapons. We give him 38 yr old rbs, (gore) Career journeyman (hogan) and undrafted free agents. We have set him up for failure. 

The supporting cast darnold has is downright criminal.

But yea let's get rid of sam. let's draft Trevor Lawrence, because we definetly won't ruin him.?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Bills have not allowed a TE more than 70 yards going back to last year and feature the best safety duo in the league. The game plan should’ve been 11 personnel to get Crowder into space. He dropped two first downs and then the Jets were down 21. Also Bell was getting open and we were playing the ball to him when he was injured by a Bills LB.

11 is fine on 3rd down with this group. 12 all day long, sorry. Five new starters on the oline, two ok wr's, two good rb's, two good te's. This team has no business being in spread formations

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's been an obvious fraud from the first game. Never before have I seen a coach so out of his depth. He brings a net negative to just about every game in ways that are almost impressive.

Needs to be gone within the next few weeks. 

I think best case scenario is San Francisco embarrasses us at home and wins by 3+ touchdowns. The pressure will be on to fire him. Get it over with early in the season and let Williams take over the rest of the way.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Ive heard this from many for 50 years now. Enough. Woody and Chris to NOT have the balls to run this team like a business.  We are a bottom 10 team now going on 10 years.   They hire poorly, manage poorly and only hire YES men.  Gase is a moron as has been all our hires under Woody.  I would argue that they have hired NO ONE that is a well regarded football man.  From Herm to Mangini all our GM's, Douglas excluded.  

move away from the edge.  it's only one game and it's not like they were favored to win.  objectively the bills played the better game and allen made some big plays with his legs.  i'm sure the jets defense realized how he is able to run the ball but they either failed to contain or missed tackles.  want to to put the blame for that on gase?  you can't.  i will say that the defense also caused allen to fumble twice and the offense should have capitalized on the turnovers.  but let's not forget they have a completely new oline except for lewis and none of them have played together before.  it takes time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Week 2 is huge for the Adam Gase and Sam Darnold. I would like to see the team shock the 49ers like they did the Cowboys last season. 

Agreed. 

Plenty of time to salvage 2020, but another embarrassment in Week 2 will really put alot of folks in a bad place re: this team and it's Coach and QB.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody and Chris to NOT have the balls to run this team like a business.  

they run it like a business just fine

the Jets are the 6th most valuable franchise in the league 

winning and losing doesn't affect the bottom line in the NFL that's the real issue

if there was relegation, the Johnsons would care 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

move away from the edge.  it's only one game and it's not like they were favored to win.  objectively the bills played the better game and allen made some big plays with his legs.  i'm sure the jets defense realized how he is able to run the ball but they either failed to contain or missed tackles.  want to to put the blame for that on gase?  you can't.  i will say that the defense also caused allen to fumble twice and the offense should have capitalized on the turnovers.  but let's not forget they have a completely new oline except for lewis and none of them have played together before.  it takes time.

The edge???  This is reality. I am a JETS fan BUT I face reality. We lack any real talent. That comes from poor management for the last 10 years.

You clearly didn't understand my post. I don't blame Gase.  I blame Woody and Chris. Gase is simply another below average hire amongst MANY.  One game means nothing. Gase has no track record to indicate he should be a HC.   I don't base this on one game.

3 hours ago, Y3k said:

The Jaguars played the ******* colts. 

the Jaguars beat us 29-15 last year while Minshew was carving us up.  They CUT their pro bowl RB along with TONS of other talented players.

also, isn't like 90% of this jets roster former colts players?  show's the level of talent we have here i guess.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love overreaction Monday.  It's the best.

Really want the Jets to beat the 49'ers.  What will be the story next week?  Jets/Gase maybe possibly good?  Or 49'ers SB hangover?

lol

we all WANT them to win.  simple fact is that the entire organization is terrible (save MAYBE douglas) and they looked horrendous yesterday.  no wonder the 2nd team shut out the 1st team in the scrimmage a couple weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

we all WANT them to win.  simple fact is that the entire organization is terrible (save MAYBE douglas) and they looked horrendous yesterday.  no wonder the 2nd team shut out the 1st team in the scrimmage a couple weeks ago.

This team is dog sh*t.  The Bills are loaded.  The Jets had no chance yesterday.  It's disappointing that it was in embarrassing fashion but all these guys picked the Jets to lose, as did anyone with any sense and the Jets lost.  I've got a feeling they're not as bad as we saw yesterday.  I'm not shocked a team with 12 new starters werent exactly clicking on cylinders.  I'm not shocked the Jets werent as tight as the Bills.  It was shocking to see just how sloppy it was but like I said, it's week 1.  This stuff happens all the time and the team you're laughing at or celebrating looks totally different in a few weeks.

Not saying the Jets will but I'm also not going to lose my mind over an expected loss.  I'm willing to see how and if they bounce back.   Like I said, what's the narrative if the Jets win on Sunday?  I watched the 49'ers yesterday, they were not impressive.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they run it like a business just fine

the Jets are the 6th most valuable franchise in the league 

winning and losing doesn't affect the bottom line in the NFL that's the real issue

if there was relegation, the Johnsons would care 

So if you were lucky enough to be on a train with Jeff Bezos and he let you buy 10K of amazon in 1997 does that make you smart?

If Woody was just a little poorer and couldn't afford the Jets, someone else would have had that same gain if not more. Woody did absolutely ZERO to add value to this franchise.  

Name one thing he did that you believe a less astute owner would not have done.