Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Keyshawn and Greeny nail it

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

as for the game there's not much to be said or hasn't been said.  they played a bad game against a team that was more ready to play than they were.  it happens.  and it's only one game.  sure one game means a lot in a 16 game season but there's still a lot of football to play and there are some bright parts to build on.

Ive heard this from many for 50 years now. Enough. Woody and Chris do NOT have the balls to run this team like a business.  We are a bottom 10 team now going on 10 years.   They hire poorly, manage poorly and only hire YES men.  Gase is a moron as has been all our hires under Woody.  I would argue that they have hired NO ONE that is a well regarded football man.  From Herm to Mangini all our GM's, Douglas excluded.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

move away from the edge.  it's only one game and it's not like they were favored to win.  objectively the bills played the better game and allen made some big plays with his legs.  i'm sure the jets defense realized how he is able to run the ball but they either failed to contain or missed tackles.  want to to put the blame for that on gase?  you can't.  i will say that the defense also caused allen to fumble twice and the offense should have capitalized on the turnovers.  but let's not forget they have a completely new oline except for lewis and none of them have played together before.  it takes time.

The edge???  This is reality. I am a JETS fan BUT I face reality. We lack any real talent. That comes from poor management for the last 10 years.

You clearly didn't understand my post. I don't blame Gase.  I blame Woody and Chris. Gase is simply another below average hire amongst MANY.  One game means nothing. Gase has no track record to indicate he should be a HC.   I don't base this on one game.

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

they run it like a business just fine

the Jets are the 6th most valuable franchise in the league 

winning and losing doesn't affect the bottom line in the NFL that's the real issue

if there was relegation, the Johnsons would care 

So if you were lucky enough to be on a train with Jeff Bezos and he let you buy 10K of amazon in 1997 does that make you smart?

If Woody was just a little poorer and couldn't afford the Jets, someone else would have had that same gain if not more. Woody did absolutely ZERO to add value to this franchise.  

Name one thing he did that you believe a less astute owner would not have done.

18 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I think you missed his point. Why spend time and $ when you get the gold anyway. Johnson's won the birth lottery and have added no value and there are no consequences.

But he said they ran the business just fine... I say show me what they did that was so special?  I say nothing.

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

my point is you don't have to make special or even competent football decisions to make money in the NFL 

it's a money printing machine win or lose

losing is way cheaper 

I love you as a poster but you may have well as said Cindy Crawford is smoking hot!!   VERY TRUE but doesn't address the fact that Woody and Chris have not demonstrated they have any business acumen. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company