Keyshawn and Greeny nail it

AFJF

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love overreaction Monday.  It's the best.

Really want the Jets to beat the 49'ers.  What will be the story next week?  Jets/Gase maybe possibly good?  Or 49'ers SB hangover?

lol

It IS time to OVERREACT!  What we saw yesterday was pure sh*t.  It was inexcusable.  The Jets are NOT going to beat the Niners next week.  The only question is will it be 21-0 (or worse) before we finish our first beer.  The real overreactions will come if/when we actually win a game.  

The excuses from the NON-over reactors are the media (my favorite!), injuries, new OL, Idzik, Maccagnnan, SOJF, the wind (!), Covid, and the list goes on.  The reality is there is only one solution.  We must hit the reset button (AGAIN) and clean house except for Douglas (he and his six year contract aren't going anywhere) and start over.  However, that will just repeat itself unless the Johnsons let Douglas run the show entirely.  No more coach and GM BOTH reporting to the owners.  No more disappearing for several years and then showing up to fire the GM you just let spend $100mm on free agents and make all of the draft picks.

This team will be a carnival act until that happens.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone: The Bills have one of the best rosters in the league.

Also Everyone: The Jets have a bottom 5 roster

Also everyone: The Jets might have chemistry issues since they turned over a lot of their roster during COVID.

Also everyone: Josh Allen must play well for the Bills to be good.

Those same people: There is no excuse for the Jets playing poorly. If you ignore that Josh Allen had the best performance of his career against a depleted Jets defense then it is all Adam Gase’s fault.

Except that wasn’t everyone on this board.

The vast majority of this board have been calling JD a genius for the roster he put together.  Failing to recognize the reality of the garbage he was actually, knowingly, putting out there.

I think you’ll find those of us that understood this was a throw away year for the franchise aren’t particularly upset or shocked on how bad they were.

My guess, JD, CJ and AG weren’t shocked or particularly upset either.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This team is dog sh*t.  The Bills are loaded.  The Jets had no chance yesterday.  It's disappointing that it was in embarrassing fashion but all these guys picked the Jets to lose, as did anyone with any sense and the Jets lost.  I've got a feeling they're not as bad as we saw yesterday.  I'm not shocked a team with 12 new starters werent exactly clicking on cylinders.  I'm not shocked the Jets werent as tight as the Bills.  It was shocking to see just how sloppy it was but like I said, it's week 1.  This stuff happens all the time and the team you're laughing at or celebrating looks totally different in a few weeks.

Not saying the Jets will but I'm also not going to lose my mind over an expected loss.  I'm willing to see how and if they bounce back.   Like I said, what's the narrative if the Jets win on Sunday?  I watched the 49'ers yesterday, they were not impressive.  

Its not the loss, its how they lose and the repeated patterns of ineptitude that bothers me. I cannot speak for others.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

So if you were lucky enough to be on a train with Jeff Bezos and he let you buy 10K of amazon in 1997 does that make you smart?

If Woody was just a little poorer and couldn't afford the Jets, someone else would have had that same gain if not more. Woody did absolutely ZERO to add value to this franchise.  

Name one thing he did that you believe a less astute owner would not have done.

I think you missed his point. Why spend time and $ when you get the gold anyway. Johnson's won the birth lottery and have added no value and there are no consequences.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I prefer watching film over listening to the rah rah sports talking heads. The film tells a much more nuanced story then broadcasts do. The film says Sam Darnold sucked yesterday and was the biggest problem with the team. Wasn't the oline wasn't Adam Gase wasn't . Sam Darnold was. 

Yeah the dumb screen passes that killed us, wide receivers dropping passes and Gase abandoning the run had nothing to do with it

30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But he said they ran the business just fine... I say show me what they did that was so special?  I say nothing.

my point is you don't have to make special or even competent football decisions to make money in the NFL 

it's a money printing machine win or lose

losing is way cheaper 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

my point is you don't have to make special or even competent football decisions to make money in the NFL 

it's a money printing machine win or lose

losing is way cheaper 

I love you as a poster but you may have well as said Cindy Crawford is smoking hot!!   VERY TRUE but doesn't address the fact that Woody and Chris have not demonstrated they have any business acumen. :)

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They are repeatedly the joke of the NFL year after year. 

Flows from the Top down.

Look at the Jets Owners.  Hands down the stupidest in the league.  If not for their last name they’d have trouble running a profitable corner bodega much less a pro football team with a market value now in the billions.

Things “are as they should be”.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

Baker spent the entire offseason debating with himself on whether or not he should kneel for the National Anthem

and people actually thought this guy could be good in the nfl?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, varjet said:

The Colts are supposed to be a better team, with a great OL and all of those Darnold second round picks.  

No one thought that the Colts were supposed to lose to the Jaguars.  

Jax was a +8 Dog yesterday per Vegas...you got that right.

Minshew played a perfect game.  More salt in the wound when thinking how our guy played.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah the dumb screen passes that killed us, wide receivers dropping passes and Gase abandoning the run had nothing to do with it

That's the popular narrative on sports talk shows rn I'm sure. Go back and watch the game over or watch the film breakdowns that are online. There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. But the bottom line is Darnold was bad. There was plays in this game that you can not put on Gase, the line, or the receivers. He played like a qb who's confidence is shot. 

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Flows from the Top down.

Look at the Jets Owners.  Hands down the stupidest in the league.  If not for their last name they’d have trouble running a profitable corner bodega much less a pro football team with a market value now in the billions.

Things “are as they should be”.

Johnson Bros = sh1t

56 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

That's the popular narrative on sports talk shows rn I'm sure. Go back and watch the game over or watch the film breakdowns that are online. There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. But the bottom line is Darnold was bad. There was plays in this game that you can not put on Gase, the line, or the receivers. He played like a qb who's confidence is shot. 

Gase ruins players.  Tannehill says hi

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

Baker would be fun to watch in Canada. Right up his alley.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone: The Bills have one of the best rosters in the league.

Also Everyone: The Jets have a bottom 5 roster

Also everyone: The Jets might have chemistry issues since they turned over a lot of their roster during COVID.

Also everyone: Josh Allen must play well for the Bills to be good.

Those same people: There is no excuse for the Jets playing poorly. If you ignore that Josh Allen had the best performance of his career against a depleted Jets defense then it is all Adam Gase’s fault.

What's your point

• Upvote 1