Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Keyshawn and Greeny nail it

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love overreaction Monday.  It's the best.

Really want the Jets to beat the 49'ers.  What will be the story next week?  Jets/Gase maybe possibly good?  Or 49'ers SB hangover?

lol

It IS time to OVERREACT!  What we saw yesterday was pure sh*t.  It was inexcusable.  The Jets are NOT going to beat the Niners next week.  The only question is will it be 21-0 (or worse) before we finish our first beer.  The real overreactions will come if/when we actually win a game.  

The excuses from the NON-over reactors are the media (my favorite!), injuries, new OL, Idzik, Maccagnnan, SOJF, the wind (!), Covid, and the list goes on.  The reality is there is only one solution.  We must hit the reset button (AGAIN) and clean house except for Douglas (he and his six year contract aren't going anywhere) and start over.  However, that will just repeat itself unless the Johnsons let Douglas run the show entirely.  No more coach and GM BOTH reporting to the owners.  No more disappearing for several years and then showing up to fire the GM you just let spend $100mm on free agents and make all of the draft picks.

This team will be a carnival act until that happens.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer watching film over listening to the rah rah sports talking heads. The film tells a much more nuanced story then broadcasts do. The film says Sam Darnold sucked yesterday and was the biggest problem with the team. Wasn't the oline wasn't Adam Gase wasn't . Sam Darnold was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone: The Bills have one of the best rosters in the league.

Also Everyone: The Jets have a bottom 5 roster

Also everyone: The Jets might have chemistry issues since they turned over a lot of their roster during COVID.

Also everyone: Josh Allen must play well for the Bills to be good.

Those same people: There is no excuse for the Jets playing poorly. If you ignore that Josh Allen had the best performance of his career against a depleted Jets defense then it is all Adam Gase’s fault.

Except that wasn’t everyone on this board.

The vast majority of this board have been calling JD a genius for the roster he put together.  Failing to recognize the reality of the garbage he was actually, knowingly, putting out there.

I think you’ll find those of us that understood this was a throw away year for the franchise aren’t particularly upset or shocked on how bad they were.

My guess, JD, CJ and AG weren’t shocked or particularly upset either.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

This team is dog sh*t.  The Bills are loaded.  The Jets had no chance yesterday.  It's disappointing that it was in embarrassing fashion but all these guys picked the Jets to lose, as did anyone with any sense and the Jets lost.  I've got a feeling they're not as bad as we saw yesterday.  I'm not shocked a team with 12 new starters werent exactly clicking on cylinders.  I'm not shocked the Jets werent as tight as the Bills.  It was shocking to see just how sloppy it was but like I said, it's week 1.  This stuff happens all the time and the team you're laughing at or celebrating looks totally different in a few weeks.

Not saying the Jets will but I'm also not going to lose my mind over an expected loss.  I'm willing to see how and if they bounce back.   Like I said, what's the narrative if the Jets win on Sunday?  I watched the 49'ers yesterday, they were not impressive.  

 

Its not the loss, its how they lose and the repeated patterns of ineptitude that bothers me. I cannot speak for others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Colts are supposed to be a better team, with a great OL and all of those Darnold second round picks.  

No one thought that the Colts were supposed to lose to the Jaguars.  

And everyone thought the fin's were tanking last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

So if you were lucky enough to be on a train with Jeff Bezos and he let you buy 10K of amazon in 1997 does that make you smart?

If Woody was just a little poorer and couldn't afford the Jets, someone else would have had that same gain if not more. Woody did absolutely ZERO to add value to this franchise.  

Name one thing he did that you believe a less astute owner would not have done.

 

 

 

 

I think you missed his point. Why spend time and $ when you get the gold anyway. Johnson's won the birth lottery and have added no value and there are no consequences.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I think you missed his point. Why spend time and $ when you get the gold anyway. Johnson's won the birth lottery and have added no value and there are no consequences.

But he said they ran the business just fine... I say show me what they did that was so special?  I say nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I prefer watching film over listening to the rah rah sports talking heads. The film tells a much more nuanced story then broadcasts do. The film says Sam Darnold sucked yesterday and was the biggest problem with the team. Wasn't the oline wasn't Adam Gase wasn't . Sam Darnold was. 

Yeah the dumb screen passes that killed us, wide receivers dropping passes and Gase abandoning the run had nothing to do with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But he said they ran the business just fine... I say show me what they did that was so special?  I say nothing.

my point is you don't have to make special or even competent football decisions to make money in the NFL 

it's a money printing machine win or lose

losing is way cheaper 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

my point is you don't have to make special or even competent football decisions to make money in the NFL 

it's a money printing machine win or lose

losing is way cheaper 

I love you as a poster but you may have well as said Cindy Crawford is smoking hot!!   VERY TRUE but doesn't address the fact that Woody and Chris have not demonstrated they have any business acumen. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They are repeatedly the joke of the NFL year after year. 

The Cleveland Browns:

 

Hold my beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They are repeatedly the joke of the NFL year after year. 

Flows from the Top down.

Look at the Jets Owners.  Hands down the stupidest in the league.  If not for their last name they’d have trouble running a profitable corner bodega much less a pro football team with a market value now in the billions.

Things “are as they should be”.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

The Cleveland Browns:

 

Hold my beer.

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

Baker spent the entire offseason debating with himself on whether or not he should kneel for the National Anthem

 

and people actually thought this guy could be good in the nfl?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dan Snyder is the worst owner but the Johnson's are a close second

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, varjet said:

The Colts are supposed to be a better team, with a great OL and all of those Darnold second round picks.  

No one thought that the Colts were supposed to lose to the Jaguars.  

Jax was a +8 Dog yesterday per Vegas...you got that right.

Minshew played a perfect game.  More salt in the wound when thinking how our guy played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I think Dan Snyder is the worst owner but the Johnson's are a close second

No the Johnson’s are. 
 

Snyder is a terrible owner but at least you know he has intelligence because he is self made.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Baker spent the entire offseason debating with himself on whether or not he should kneel for the National Anthem

 

and people actually thought this guy could be good in the nfl?

Should have spent a little more time studying Balt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah the dumb screen passes that killed us, wide receivers dropping passes and Gase abandoning the run had nothing to do with it

That's the popular narrative on sports talk shows rn I'm sure. Go back and watch the game over or watch the film breakdowns that are online. There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. But the bottom line is Darnold was bad. There was plays in this game that you can not put on Gase, the line, or the receivers. He played like a qb who's confidence is shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zonajetfan said:

The Cleveland Browns:

 

Hold my beer.

Reminder they beat the NY Jets to end a long losing streak last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Flows from the Top down.

Look at the Jets Owners.  Hands down the stupidest in the league.  If not for their last name they’d have trouble running a profitable corner bodega much less a pro football team with a market value now in the billions.

Things “are as they should be”.

Johnson Bros = sh1t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jethead said:

I think Dan Snyder is the worst owner but the Johnson's are a close second

Snyder is an a hole but at least he wants to win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

That's the popular narrative on sports talk shows rn I'm sure. Go back and watch the game over or watch the film breakdowns that are online. There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. But the bottom line is Darnold was bad. There was plays in this game that you can not put on Gase, the line, or the receivers. He played like a qb who's confidence is shot. 

Gase ruins players.  Tannehill says hi

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase ruins players.  Tannehill says hi

Tannehill gets carried by Derrick Henry and a defense to a afc championship and suddenly he's good? 🤣🤣🤣 What he average last year 6 passes a game? That's more game manager then Pennington was 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Reminder they beat the NY Jets to end a long losing streak last season. 

One game is meaningless. The Jets have at least been competitive to the point they they recently reached the conference championship twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

I'll give you the commercials are funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should have never been the hire in the first place. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rillo said:

He should have never been the hire in the first place. 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Greeny strictly does fan service trolling and whose idea was it to put Keyshawn on the radio in NY?

Probably Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah but I like those Baker Mayfield commercials.  He’s smart.  Knows he can’t play QB in the NFL so he has been planning for a career after football.  Late Night TV host fill in?

Baker would be fun to watch in Canada. Right up his alley.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Everyone: The Bills have one of the best rosters in the league.

Also Everyone: The Jets have a bottom 5 roster

Also everyone: The Jets might have chemistry issues since they turned over a lot of their roster during COVID.

Also everyone: Josh Allen must play well for the Bills to be good.

Those same people: There is no excuse for the Jets playing poorly. If you ignore that Josh Allen had the best performance of his career against a depleted Jets defense then it is all Adam Gase’s fault.

 What's your point

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...